Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alexandra looks so happy!
And her parents look so happy, too.
I am really happy for her!

Elspeth said:
Well, it's just that after the birthday celebrations in Norway the other day, where they were all dressed like Michelin Men, I sort of thought that it was cold in Scandinavia. Perhaps Denmark is that much farther south that the weather is milder there.
It was freezing here last week with a snowstorm, but this week it's been surprisingly mild. So the weather changes quickly.

I'm a bit confused about this - the picture of Alexandra kissing another than her prince is so wrong in my head - I just can't understand that that's the way it is now... Sorry - not to offend anybody but to me she will always be the young mystic woman who brought sunshine, fashion, self-assurance and modern times to the Danish Royal Family... She led the way for Mary and she made the royal stories to the frontpages once again in Denmark...

I wish Martin and Alexandra the best of luck.

And to Alexandra: THANK YOU

:flowers: :sad:

She looked lovely. :flowers:

I can't believe how happy and radiant she looked. I wish them all the best. They will have some beautiful wedding pictures.

The bride looks great. The idea of having the boys accompany her is excellent.
as for her dress: it seems the difference in outfits between first and second weddings is becoming less and less all the time...

norwegianne said:
It was freezing here last week with a snowstorm, but this week it's been surprisingly mild. So the weather changes quickly.

Wonder what she'd have done if the weather had stayed cold. Perhaps she had a jacket made to go over that dress for the ceremony or something. I'm glad the weather warmed up, though.

Elspeth said:
Wonder what she'd have done if the weather had stayed cold. Perhaps she had a jacket made to go over that dress for the ceremony or something. I'm glad the weather warmed up, though.

...if the weather had stayed cold??? Well; I live in Copenhagen and believe me - IT'S STILL COLD!

:) ;)

Alexandra looks radiant and very happy!

The bride was beautiful and I loved her dress. This was her second wedding but Martin's first so I think she went with a traditional bridal look in champagne for that reason.

suztav said:
Geez, I think it's a bit much for a 40-something bride to wear a veil. Sorry! She has always shown such class ... I think she missed the mark this time. If I was Alexandra (or her designer) I probably would have taken a page from the book of the Duchess of Cornwall ... you could still be the best dressed girl at the dance without all the fuss. I'm disappointed ... but wish her the best.

Oh goodness, don't get me started on the Duchess of Cornwall. I still don't believe they should have been rewarded with marriage.

Anyway, Alexandra looks so happy! Her son's giving her away was a nice touch, a bit of symbolism there too which is sweet. Loved her dress and hair; actually I think I prefer it to what she wore on her first wedding. I can't wait to see more pictures, especially with her new husband. Much congratulations for the Countess, I hope she finds lasting happiness with Martin.

Congratulations to Alexandra and Martin- may you have many years of happiness and love.

Sophus said:
I'm a bit confused about this - the picture of Alexandra kissing another than her prince---but to me she will always be the young mystic woman who brought sunshine, fashion, self-assurance and modern times to the Danish Royal Family... She led the way for Mary and she made the royal stories to the frontpages once again in Denmark...

I wish Martin and Alexandra the best of luck.

And to Alexandra: THANK YOU

Don't worry Sophus-she always will be that pretty girl from Hong Kong that took Denmark by storm, sweeping the front pages and sweeping into their hearts. I'm sure she won't disapeer completely-we'll see a lot more from her.

Congrats to Alexandra. She lookes soo happy and beautiful. I think she's still considered a Princess to her many fans.

norwegianne said:
I'm inclined to think that Alexandra had a limited input on her first wedding - a royal wedding has certain boundaries, and so she's "making" up for that this time around.

I was thinking the same thing.
I do like her dress & I can't stop gushing over the two boys & their outfits. So cute.

Oh wow! Alexandra looked amazing! What a beautiful bride and stunning dress! :wub:
It's still strange seeing Alex kissing another man then Joachim.. but I think they are a very cute couple!
Congratulations to them!

Btw, it is extremely cute that her boys were walking with her. They are mummy's "Big Boys!":flowers:

She looked radiant...and her comments are very telling IMO.

Most likely you will see Alexandra at certain charity events, and in her course of an "ordinary" day with her sons...but she is moving on and out of the public spotlight.

From ANP (Netherlands press agency)

DANISH PRINCESS CONTINUES AS A COUNTESS

COPENHAGEN - The former spouse of Prince Joachim of Denmark, Alexandra, has married the Danish technician Martin Jørgensen, two years after her divorce.

The couple married in a church adjacent to the estate Jomfruens Egede in southern Sjælland. With this, the Hong Kong-born Alexandra no longer is a Princess. Except a new spouse, she now also will keep her annual state-allowance of € 300.000,-- (appr. $ 390,000.--) and she will continue as 'Countess of Frederiksborg'.

Alexandra married Prince Joachim of Denmark in 1995 and has two children from that marriage: Prince Nikolai (7) and Prince Felix (4) who will live with their mother and stepfather.

Last edited:
thanks for the links, she looks radiant and it's lovely the boy gave her away. i wish them all the love and happiness that is shining in their faces today.

congratulations to the new couple ...how old is the groom?

beatiful pictures, i never thougt Alexandra married in withe dress !!!

She looked stunning but i am quite suprised at her choice of outfit, although it is true that she mightn't have got much input in her previos one - imo a different colour may have been more suitable. At the end of the day it was her and Martin's wedding though and it's only right they should do it so that it is perfect and special for them.

From afar, Martin looks like Joachim. I thought someone said she didn't wear a tiara? From the pictures it looks like she did.

Loved the dress and her beautiful necklace. The veil was not my taste. The hair without the veil would have best imho.

90 guests in church / 30 guests for dinner

Rose1991 said:
Which guests attended?

There are 90 invited guests (family and friends) at church and 30 invited guests at dinner.

Source: Berlingske Tidende (a leading Danish newspaper)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom