Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia and Victoria, Princess Royal - 1858

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
The birth of her first Child the futur Guillaume II was terrific !

They were a love match, and of course Prince Albert encouraged the match because he made his beloved daughter his liberal puppet or at least he hoped the marriage would help make Prussia a liberal state.

They were a love match, and of course Prince Albert encouraged the match because he made his beloved daughter his liberal puppet or at least he hoped the marriage would help make Prussia a liberal state.

Unfortunately he was "kaiser" for only 99 days, because of his bad health.
His son , Wilhelm, caused World War ! and is still today not much respected and loved in Germany, as, it is known, World War 2nd was a result of this.

I am sure if Friedrich had been "kaiser" history in Europe would have been quite different.

His son , Wilhelm, caused World War ! and is still today not much respected and loved in Germany, as, it is known, World War 2nd was a result of this.

I am sure if Friedrich had been "kaiser" history in Europe would have been quite different.

I believe there is more to the Geopolitical situation of Europe then placing the entire blame on Wilhelm. Its easier for people to judge things at face value then using a magnifying glass and seeing the complete complexities that was going on in the Royal families in Europe

Last edited:
Sure, but he had a very important role in causing that desaster

Even though you had neighbors who were afraid of a growing Germany and one neighbor looking for anything to go to war to take back what they believe belonged to them & a terrorist organization that assassinated the Archduke right?

Even though you had neighbors who were afraid of a growing Germany and one neighbor looking for anything to go to war to take back what they believe belonged to them & a terrorist organization that assassinated the Archduke right?

Yes, you are right. Considering that at that time so many countries were involved and the assasination which really caused the war, it is too simple to blame Wilhelm.
I don't want to start a political discussion about who or how WW1 was started, it is too complicated, and I am not a historian.
It is just that whenever I hear or read about Wilhelm and how things might have been different if his son had be emperor, I have regrets.
but, even he might not have been able to prevent this war.

Maybe I have been influenced of my grandparents and parents, who all reached a very old age and talked a lot about the "Kaiser" and had experienced two world wars.

History and it’s what if’s or if only’s. History would have been different, but I don’t think it would be the way people assume it would have turned out if Wilhelm II father lived longer to be Kaiser.

I believe there is more to the Geopolitical situation of Europe then placing the entire blame on Wilhelm. Its easier for people to judge things at face value then using a magnifying glass and seeing the complete complexities that was going on in the Royal families in Europe
Not to mention the ethnic and political issues that were brewing and bubbling over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom