HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2022, 02:54 PM
Majesty

Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia and Victoria, Princess Royal - 1858

Marriage of Victoria, Princess Royal, eldest child of Queen Victoria, to Prince Frederick, the future German Emperor Frederick III, Chapel Royal of St. James's Palace, 25 January 1858.

https://www.alamy.com/marriage-of-vi...218083112.html

https://www.unofficialroyalty.com/we...ng-of-prussia/

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2018/01...prussia/?amp=1

Old 08-09-2022, 03:23 PM
Majesty

The birth of her first Child the futur Guillaume II was terrific !

Old 08-09-2022, 08:33 PM
Courtier

They were a love match, and of course Prince Albert encouraged the match because he made his beloved daughter his liberal puppet or at least he hoped the marriage would help make Prussia a liberal state.
Old 09-05-2022, 10:06 AM
Majesty

Tiaras of the Princess Royal's wedding
http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017...ss-royals.html
Old 09-05-2022, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGyamfi1 View Post
They were a love match, and of course Prince Albert encouraged the match because he made his beloved daughter his liberal puppet or at least he hoped the marriage would help make Prussia a liberal state.
Unfortunately he was "kaiser" for only 99 days, because of his bad health.
His son , Wilhelm, caused World War ! and is still today not much respected and loved in Germany, as, it is known, World War 2nd was a result of this.

I am sure if Friedrich had been "kaiser" history in Europe would have been quite different.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:12 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereditarytitles View Post
His son , Wilhelm, caused World War ! and is still today not much respected and loved in Germany, as, it is known, World War 2nd was a result of this.

I am sure if Friedrich had been "kaiser" history in Europe would have been quite different.

I believe there is more to the Geopolitical situation of Europe then placing the entire blame on Wilhelm. Its easier for people to judge things at face value then using a magnifying glass and seeing the complete complexities that was going on in the Royal families in Europe
Old 09-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kervjacque View Post
I believe there is more to the Geopolitical situation of Europe then placing the entire blame on Wilhelm.

Sure, but he had a very important role in causing that desaster
Old 09-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Sure, but he had a very important role in causing that desaster
Even though you had neighbors who were afraid of a growing Germany and one neighbor looking for anything to go to war to take back what they believe belonged to them & a terrorist organization that assassinated the Archduke right?
Old 09-05-2022, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Even though you had neighbors who were afraid of a growing Germany and one neighbor looking for anything to go to war to take back what they believe belonged to them & a terrorist organization that assassinated the Archduke right?
Yes, you are right. Considering that at that time so many countries were involved and the assasination which really caused the war, it is too simple to blame Wilhelm.
I don't want to start a political discussion about who or how WW1 was started, it is too complicated, and I am not a historian.
It is just that whenever I hear or read about Wilhelm and how things might have been different if his son had be emperor, I have regrets.
but, even he might not have been able to prevent this war.

Maybe I have been influenced of my grandparents and parents, who all reached a very old age and talked a lot about the "Kaiser" and had experienced two world wars.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:

History and it’s what if’s or if only’s. History would have been different, but I don’t think it would be the way people assume it would have turned out if Wilhelm II father lived longer to be Kaiser.

Quote:
I believe there is more to the Geopolitical situation of Europe then placing the entire blame on Wilhelm. Its easier for people to judge things at face value then using a magnifying glass and seeing the complete complexities that was going on in the Royal families in Europe
Not to mention the ethnic and political issues that were brewing and bubbling over.