Old Ottoman Royal Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarkisla

Commoner
City
duisburg
Country
Germany
some old ottoman pictures
princess durruchehvar and princess niloufers wedding picture with the sons of the nizam of hyderabad in 1931 in nice/france
Halife Abdülmecid'in k (flickr)

another picture from the wedding of princess durrusehvar and princess niloufer with the princes of hyderabad from gettyimages
The Wedding Party After The Marriage At Nice Of The

the wedding of princess naciye of ottoman and enver pascha in 1914 in istanbul
http://www.resimyukle.com.tr/view/16069

some wedding pictures of princess fatma ulviye of ottoman in istanbul 1916 the daughter of Mehmed VI
http://e1203.hizliresim.com/v/4/37p0g.jpg
http://e1203.hizliresim.com/v/4/37p1b.jpg
http://e1203.hizliresim.com/v/4/37p4r.jpg

the wedding from princess fevziye of ottoman with husain hayri in egypt 1948
http://www.forumforfree.com/forums/uploads/jewelsofarabia/post-13-1235331659.jpg

the wedding of princess neslisah of ottoman who is the granddaughter of the last caliph abdulmecid and the last sultan mehmed VI with prince abdulmunim of egypt in 26.september.1940
http://www.egyptedantan.com/famille_souveraine/images/Prince MOHAbdel Monem.jpg

http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/na...iage-at-nice-of-the-nachrichtenfoto/138600634

Last edited by a moderator:
the wedding of princess mihrimah of ottman and prince nayef of jordan in 1940 in amman/jordan

Attachments

• mihrimah.jpg
    mihrimah.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,100
some old ottoman pictures
princess durruchehvar and princess niloufers wedding picture with the sons of the nizam of hyderabad in 1931 in nice/france - Halife Abdülmecid'in k (flickr)
the wedding of princess naciye of ottoman and enver pascha in 1914 in istanbul - http://www.resimyukle.com.tr/view/16069

Princess Durru Shehvar was the daughter of Caliph Abdulmecid II, a cousin of Mehmed VI, whereas her husband - Azam Jah - was the son (eldest, I believe) of the last Nizam of Hyderabad. Princess Niloufer's mother was Adile Sutlan, the daughter of Mehmed Selahaddin, himself the eldest son of Sultan Murad V. Her husband was the second son of the last Nizam of Hyderabad.
I was wondering at the significance of the double union. Two of the most prominent Ottoman Princesses married the sons and heirs of the Nizam of Hyderabad; was there any specific reason for this?

Princess Durru Shehvar was the daughter of Caliph Abdulmecid II, a cousin of Mehmed VI, whereas her husband - Azam Jah - was the son (eldest, I believe) of the last Nizam of Hyderabad. Princess Niloufer's mother was Adile Sutlan, the daughter of Mehmed Selahaddin, himself the eldest son of Sultan Murad V. Her husband was the second son of the last Nizam of Hyderabad.
I was wondering at the significance of the double union. Two of the most prominent Ottoman Princesses married the sons and heirs of the Nizam of Hyderabad; was there any specific reason for this?
they married the nizams sons because the princess lived in exile and wasn`t wealth.
the most princesses marries princes of other ruling royal familys because they haven'T money. sorry for bad english .

wedding photo of princess selma of ottoman and the raja of kotwara in 1937.
the picture is from facebook

Attachments

• 264171_225488464145363_139310402763170_819734_6768587_n.jpg
    264171_225488464145363_139310402763170_819734_6768587_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 8,042
Artemisia said:

Hello. Is this couple the parents of the heroe of the book of Kenize Mourad, "from the dead princess"? Magnificent story.

sarkisla said:
wedding photo of princess selma of ottoman and the raja of kotwara in 1937.
the picture is from facebook

Or these ones? They said that is a true story and the dates match!

the last picture is the parents of kenize mourad

Hello. Is this couple the parents of the heroe of the book of Kenize Mourad, "from the dead princess"? Magnificent story.

No, I'm afraid not. This picture posted by sarkisla does, however feature Kenzie Mourad's parents - Princess Selma and the Raja of Kotwara.

Kenzie Mourad is the daughter of Princess Selma, herself the daughter of Hadice (or Hatidje) Sultana - one of the daughters of the last Ottoman Sultan Murad V. Her father was an Indian Rajah.
Kenzie Moourad's mother, Princess Selma, was first cousins once removed with the second lady mentioned in my post, Princess Niloufer; Selma's mother - Hadice Sultana, and Niloufer's grandfather - Mehmed Selahaddin, were siblings. Selma was also second cousins with Princess Durru Shehvar.

The book was indeed very entertaining; I read it about six years ago and rather enjoyed it. :)

Last edited:
1. another picture of princess durrusehvar
2.princess neslisah of ottoman who marries prince abdulmunim of egypt in 26.09.1940
3.picture ist the wedding of princess hanzadeh sister or princess neslisah who marries prince mehmed ali ibrahim of egypt in 19.09.1940

i cut the pictures from a video about the ottoman in exile

Attachments

• dürrüsehvar.jpg
    dürrüsehvar.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 6,057
  • neslisah.jpg
    neslisah.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 3,786
  • hanzade.jpg
    hanzade.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,671
the wedding of princess sabiha sultan of ottoman (daughter of the last sultan mehmed VI) and prince ömer faruk efendi of ottoman (son of the last caliph prince abdulmecid of ottoman). They were a distance cousins and the wedding was in 1920 in istanbul before the ottomans were exiled. they are the parents of princess neslisah and princess hanzade.

Attachments

• sabiha sultan.jpg
    sabiha sultan.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,703
the wedding of princess emine nemika esin sultan in 1911 in istanbul before the exile. she was the granddaughter of sultan abdulhamid II.
in my opinion she has one of the beuatifullest bride

Attachments

• nemika sultan.jpg
    nemika sultan.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 10,631
  • nemika 2.jpg
    nemika 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,965
  • nemika 3.jpg
    nemika 3.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 4,990
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 9,722
she was beautiful and her jewels are fab a very modest bride

her bridal grown was very beautiful i love it , yes her jewels are fab but i think the jewels are solt to the arabs or something like that

I absolutely love those pictures; such wonderful reminders of bygone era! :)

the wedding of princess fatma fethiye hanimsultan in exile in the 30s
she was the first child of princess nemika sultan

Attachments

• fatma fethiye hanimsultan.jpg
    fatma fethiye hanimsultan.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,174
i agree with artemisia the pictures are awesome :)
the most of the pictures are from the exiled princesses who marries prince from other nations
have you , wedding pictures before the exile and from the ottoman prince :ermm:
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Ottoman weddings; you will have to ask sarkisla, who appears to have a wonderful collection of Ottoman wedding pictures.
Sarkisla has already posted pictures from the wedding of Princess Emine Nemika Esin Sultan, daughter of Prince Sehzade Mehmed Selim Osmanoglu Efendi, himself the eldest son of Abdul Hamid II. Those pictures are from pre-exile era.

i know that mustafa kemal ataturk want to marry her but she loves prince ömer farouk efendi, but the marriage end with a divorce. She was one of the beautifulest princesses on her time.
If I am not mistaken, Sabiha Sultan met Mustafa Kemal - then a young hero of the Dardanelles - in Iran. Wasn't he considered her suitor for some time?http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Kemal_Paşa

Last edited:
i found two pictures
first ist from egy-plus.com it ist the wedding of princess lutfiye in 1930 in cairo
the second photo is from princess naciye in 1914

Attachments

• wedding-1.jpg
    wedding-1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3,106
  • naciye.jpg
    naciye.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,425
Another wedding picture of Princess sabiha daughter of the last Sultan who marries 1921 the Son of THW crown prince

:) very beautiful

Attachments

• sabiha-sultan-722x1024.jpg
    sabiha-sultan-722x1024.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 677
Princess sabihas wedding to with her mother, her sister Princess ulviye, and brother prince ertugrul in 1921

Attachments

• IMG_20131104_185907.jpg
    IMG_20131104_185907.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 629
Sancakli where you found the photos? They are all lovely photos!!

I search it at the news from the members etc. But the other wedding pictures arent public

Yes Of course from L-R:
Princess Fatma Ulviye Sultan( Sister of the Bride, daughter of the Last Sultan), Princess Dürrüsehvar Sultan( sister of the Groom, daugther of the last Caliph, married the crown prince of Hyderabad, mother of the last Nizam),
Mrs. Emine Nazikeda efendi( Mother of the Bride, first wife of the last Sultan) , the Bride Princess Sabiha Sultan ( daughter of the Sultan married prince ömer Faruk), Prince Mehmet ertugrul ( Brother of the Bride) and mrs. Sadiye muveddet hanim ( second wife of the last Sultan and Mother of prince ertugrul)
Can you identify any other people in the photo. The little girl on the left looks like Princess Durru Shehvar(it has to be here, there is no mistaking that face).

Edited to add: I didn't see your post upthread where you did identify some of the others.

Back
Top Bottom