Georg Donatus of Hesse-Darmstadt and Princess Cecilie of Greece & Denmark - 1931

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
On 2 February 1931 Hereditairy Grand Duke Georg Donatus of Hesse-Darmstadt married princess Cecilia of Greece & Denmark, daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Princess Alice Mountbatten. The couple married in Darmstadt and would tragically die with their two sons in a plane crash near Oostende in 1936:

2855051715_64187f9279.jpg

==
copyrights expired

Last edited:
Two engagement photos of the couple:

2685495758_d470374ed8.jpg

3061626940_82b8f005e6.jpg

==
copyrights expired

Thank you for posting these lovely pictures of this couple. How sad was their destiny!

I suppose Princess Cecilie was a sister of the Duke of Edinburgh, if she was the daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Princess Alice of Battenberg?

Thank you for posting these lovely pictures of this couple. How sad was their destiny!

I suppose Princess Cecilie was a sister of the Duke of Edinburgh, if she was the daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Princess Alice of Battenberg?
She was. Apparently, Philip was very affected by her death, naturally.

Cecilie and Georg Donatus were 1st cousins once removed descended from Grand Duke Louis of Hesse and Princess Alice of Britain

Louis & Alice->Victoria->Alice, Princess Andrew->Cecilie
Louis & Alice->Ernest Louis->Georg Donatus

Are there photographs of Princess Cecilie's wedding to Georg Donatus of Hess? Did she wear a Tiara?What did her dress look like? She was so beautiful as was her mother. Was there a big wedding in Greece? Does anyone have family photo's.?

Brooke

Princess Cecilie was a classical beauty, to me she was the most beautiful of her sisters.It's very sad how they lost their lives. However beautiful pictures of the couple!

Does anyone know where there is a direct sight to see wedding photo's of Prince George Donatus and Princess Cecilie? I am sure...their wedding was one of most beautiful.Princess Cecilie was as beautiful as her mother. I love to see the royal gowns and tiar's ,if anyone can find close up photo's,it would be nice to see.

Princess Cecilie was so beautiful.Do you have other photo's of their wedding ?What are the greatest things that they accomplished in their lifetime?Did they live in the United States at anytime?

Princess Cecile was very beautiful and George Donatus is a spitting image of his father.

It always saddenes me to see photos of Cecilie and her family.

JR76, Why does it make you sad to see pictures of Grand Duchess Cecilie and Grand Duke Georg Donatus?

JR76, Why does it make you sad to see pictures of Grand Duchess Cecilie and Grand Duke Georg Donatus?
Because of the horrible death of them and all their children. A whole family whiped out in 1.5 years.

Prince Philip of Greece served as Princess Cecilie's train bearer.

Back
Top Bottom