Crown Prince Leopold Belgium and Princess Astrid of Sweden - 1926

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DA238-D1-C-FA4-E-4-EDE-B311-0-E2-C154-A20-B2.jpg

I don't know what the context of this picture is. ;)

Or where I found it, or when it was taken, or anything else, just that it seems to fit here :flowers: and is one of my favorites of them. Despite never having seen it in any kind of real size or resolution!

Does anyone know anything about this one?
The link appears to be broken so I can't see the picture.

Last edited:
That is a pretty picture! Rare for royals to be pictured in such an intimate pose, or that may be just me. I find it a lovely one.

It's a first-timer for me also and when I past it in Google Images it only says honeymoon, that's it.

It's a combination of: this is a super "off-duty" picture; they are exceptionally lovely and happy and sweet together here... and Astrid, who seems about to laugh her head off.

(Small side inquiry of 'Leo did you do that to her dress, or are you trying to make it better'? ...Or both. :lol:)

I wouldn't be surprised if they were on honeymoon (they both look so young), but I wouldn't be surprised if it were some other time.

I can see it now. If the picture is from their honeymoon it's either from Ciergnon Castle where the couple spent the first days after their church wedding or from Menton in Provence where they spent the rest of the honeymoon.

1926 the last Royal Wedding in our Cathedral until 1959 for Prince Albert and 1960 for King Baudouin her 2 Chuldren.

Back
Top Bottom