Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Princess Anita and Family, News Part 1 (Feb 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maud Alexandra said:
I'll try to translate. But be aware that it's been some years since I studied in the Netherlands and tried to learn the language. For dutch posters please correct me if I'm wrong.
Here goes...
Prince Pieter Christiaan opened the National Running Day on saturday. He then ran in the park "de Hoge Veluwe" with some known athletes. The Royal Netherlands Athlet's Union did on saturday together with its partners organize the first VGZ National Running Day. In 30 locations all over the Netherlands one can liberating and easy manner get to know the sport of running and walking.

Your translation is good :) :)

Thank you for translating Maud Alexandra! :)

It seems that both Pieter-Christiaan and Maurits are big runners -- haven't they both participated in various marathons including the New York marathon?

I vaguely recall that perhaps Bernhard Jr. and Marilene are runners, too?

I don't know about Maurits, but Pieter Christiaan has participated in the Honolulu Marathon and the New York Marathon several times. As I recall there was some pictures of him last year in New York. Pieter Christiaan also took part in a fundraiser run to raise money for children victimized by war with fellow students from his master's studies.
Thank you for the complimentson my rusty dutch. Does anyone know what the park "de Hoge Veluwe" is?

De hoge Veluwe is the name of one of the national parks of the Netherlands. It is really quite beautiful

Empress said:
De hoge Veluwe is the name of one of the national parks of the Netherlands. It is really quite beautiful

Yes, you're right. It's definitely one of the most beautiful parts of the Netherlands.
It was good seeing prince P-C again! I'm looking forward to seeing him again on Koninginnedag, this time together with his lovely wife princess Anita! :)

Princess Anita looke beautiful on Koninginnedag Day!

Kelly said:
Princess Anita looke beautiful on Koninginnedag Day!

Anita wasn't at Queen's Day. Just as the day before when her father-in-law Pieter van Vollenhoven officially became a professor and the entire family, with the Queen, Irene, Willem and Maxima attended the ceremony, Anita was home sick with the flu.

AMSTERDAM – Prince Pieter-Christiaan gave this past Saturday 6 May in the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam the starting shot for the collection week of the Asthma Fund.
Between 8 and 13 May go more than fifty thousand volunteers in the country on path money in to gather. Prince Pieter-Christiaan walked is come last year the marathon in New York and doneert it through him raised sponsorbedrag of 10,000 Euros at the Asthma of Fund Theme of the collection week this year ‘Without asthma you yet somewhere once'. The Asthma Fund want with that attention ask for the fact that asthma men can hinder in their social life.

from ANP

Attachments

• 3045108.jpg
    3045108.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 249
  • 3045109.jpg
    3045109.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 3045111.jpg
    3045111.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 272
Prince Pieter-Christiaan will attend the soccer match The Netherlands-Ivory Coast in Stuttgart this tuesday, he was invited by the state of Baden-Wurttemberg (together with the secretary of state, Clemence Ross-van Dorp). His father Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven will be there as well, but received an invitation from another institution (don't remember which one).

Marengo said:
Prince Pieter-Christiaan will attend the soccer match The Netherlands-Ivory Coast in Stuttgart this tuesday, he was invited by the state of Baden-Wurttemberg (together with the secretary of state, Clemence Ross-van Dorp).
pictures from ANP (June 16, 2006)

Attachments

• 3195025.jpg
    3195025.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 246
  • 3195039.jpg
    3195039.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 241
Thanks Jess, I saw him on camrea once, before the match. On this picture he is talking to dutch soccer legend Johan Cruyff.

(To mark the extend of his legend: last week i saw belgian television. The reporter saw Johan Cruyff coming in & the dutch reporters all running towards him etc and he said': 'god' has just entered the room.)

Last week, P-C and Anita visited a fashion show in Amsterdam. A picture was taken (unfortunately we can not see Anita's belly :cool:) and they gave a little interview to the couture krant.

The interview you can find here: http://www.couturekrant.nl/beheer/ckpagina.php?cat=Couture&id=2768
It's in Dutch (as you probably had noticed yourself). I'm having a headache right now, but I'll try to translate it for you later this week when I'm feeling better.

Well, here's the new pic (which is lovely, because we don't get to see them that often!)
www.couturekrant.nl

Attachments

• anitapc.jpg
    anitapc.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 372
Posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

´Prince Pieter-Christiaan attended the arrival of the participants of the 17,000 km long Amsterdam Beijing Classic Car Endurance Rally 2006 at the Chinese Wall in Juyongguan.
(One of the goals of this rally is raise money for the Foundation Do A Wish.)

(My direct boss takes part in this rally.
happy.gif
)
www.abr2006.com´

--

Yesterday I also saw a picture of the Prince and his wife attending the KLM golf tournament, and I also recall them attending the opening of a musical about Rembrandt van Rijn in the Royal Theatre Carre in Amsterdam. The couple seems to enjoy these society things much more then the other van Vollenhovens.

Marengo said:
The couple seems to enjoy these society things much more then the other van Vollenhovens.

Did Pieter-Christiaan or Anita attend a lot of society events before their marriage? Is it one of them who is particularly interested in society events?

Between Anita and Aimee, I always felt that it would be Aimee who would prefer the society events.

I think Pieter-Christiaan did, but mosly with his father or both his parents (for example Pieter sometimes attends musical premieres, while his wife Margriet never does). Pieter-Christiaan seemed less ´private´ then Bernhard and Floris anyway.
I do not recall any pictures of the couple at society stuff before the wedding together, but then one does not get to see everything, most of that should be private. However, once in a while I see a picture of one of the van Vollenhoven princes (mostly Pieter-Christiaan or Maurits) in the society column of the largest national newspaper. Attending a party for a CEO, ambassador etc. I also believe Maurits and Pieter-Christiaan (and Marilene) accompanied their parents to the NYC Peter Stuyvesant ball several times.

Maybe I should not use the term socity events that lightly, as most things (rally, golf tournament, musical) seem to be fun. The REAL society things happen behind closed doors ;)

Alexandria said:
Did Pieter-Christiaan or Anita attend a lot of society events before their marriage? Is it one of them who is particularly interested in society events?

They seem to be interested in them, because most of the pics we get to see of them are taken on society events. :ermm: I really don't know what they were up to before their marriage, to be honest.

I have another pic of P-C and Anita at the fashion show, btw. I totally forgot about it. It was published in the Prive, a dutch boulevard magazine and was scanned by a member of a Dutch royalty board. You can really see Anita's belly on this one!:w00t2:

Thanks for the information Marengo. As always, you are a fountain of inside knowledge on the Dutch royals! :flowers:

Floris and Bernhard Jr. always seemed to be the most private and/or the most shy of the four brothers. Maurits and Pieter-Christiaan seemed to be more outgoing and seem to have married women are similarly outgoing. I think I've seen pictures (very old ones as Marilene was pregnant with Anna at the time) of Maurits and Marilene in New York with Margriet and Pieter at the Peter Stuyvesant ball.

Another question: Do they attend these events in their capacity as princes or because of the nature of their jobs? Some of them don't seem to be very "royal" events, such as a rallies or golf tournaments.

well, they are always royals but I don´t think they have any official duty most of the time (they officially attended the soccermatch in Germany though). They probably attend most because the people are in their social/carreer ´network´ or they just get an invitation and decide to join (like the musicals for example, or the movie premiere that Maurits and his family attended). These things are not listed by the court, so they are not there to represent the royal house.

BTW, though Maurits is outgoing, Marilene doesn´t especially strike me as the outgoing type. That is from what I see of her charisma on television (as I do not know her personally).

Prince Pieter-Christiaan and prinses Anita visited the musical The Lion King in Scheveningen.
Two weeks ago...

Pictures from Van Tellingen

Maxie said:
She looks very happy! Beautiful and VERY pregnant!
When will she due??

she is stunning as always. i truly like this couple

This are so lovely pictures!
Anita looks very nice. She's presenting her belly so proudly!
Lovely pictures!

What I'd be interesting in knowing is, what happened to Anita's plans to start a fashion business of some sort?! Is she putting that on ice now that there's a bun in the oven?
What exactly were these plans anyhow?!

According tot he website of the royal house she is a enterpreneur in fashion-related business. They do not specify what she does exactly though.

Marengo said:
According tot he website of the royal house she is a enterpreneur in fashion-related business. They do not specify what she does exactly though.
Thanks for the answer Marengo--hopefully Anita will elaborate on what she plans to do (or what she doesn't plan on pursuing, what with her new role as co-head of a young family)when her new kid is born.

Does anyone know where I can find the official portrait of P-C? I have one of all his brothers, and I am looking for his! Thanks!

Official Portrait of P-C

JessRulz said:
Does anyone know where I can find the official portrait of P-C? I have one of all his brothers, and I am looking for his! Thanks!

You can go here:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=9647

There are pics of him, some of Anita and from their engagement and wedding. There's one at the engagement pack that you could use. Hope it helps!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom