Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, Current Events Part 2 (June 2006 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The boulevard press discovered Marilene and Maurits again, they featured in all 4 of them this week. One magazine saying that the couple overcame difficulties and another saying that Marilene is looking fool of sorrow as so many women are after her husband and yet another claims that on Friday night the prince partied at Jimmy Woo with 5 blonde ladies.

The mere idea of that really happening (the partying as a bachelor) makes me sick... still, as I read in a previous post, there are no pictures ... mmm ... anyway...

Last edited:
The boulevard press discovered Marilene and Maurits again, they featured in all 4 of them this week. One magazine saying that the couple overcame difficulties and another saying that Marilene is looking full of sorrow as so many women are after her husband and yet another claims that on Friday night the prince partied at Jimmy Woo with 5 blonde ladies.

And what is the news value?Other then those discusting rags filling pages and selling copies???Exactly!None.Fixtion from A to Z.

Well, the story about Maurits partying on Friday seems uncredible to me,a s he had to attend a christening on a saturday and has to drive to Apeldoorn and before that he has to prepare his 3 children.

Well, to be honest the Dutch rags aren't that bad, if one compares them to the British or German ones. And at least they give us interesting pictures we don't get to see elsewhere.

A picture of Prince Maurits

from appledaily.com

Prince Maurits in Hong Kong ...not sure about the occasion...it's some sort of new series from a electronics company from the Netherlands...the series is called "Princess" if anyone is interested....

That is indeed Princess, an electronics company of Aad Ouborg. Mr. Ouborg seems to like inviting all kinds of Dutch celebreties but why royals attend his parties is a mystery to me. Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma sometimes attend these parties too.

Here a few pictures of Princess Marilene with singer Marco Borsato during the presentation of the new ´glossy´ of the Rijksmuseum, called ´Oog´ (Eye). The presentation was on November 23rd.

Well, if someone offered me a free trip to Hong Kong and all I had to do was go to a party, I'd go!

Princess Marilene was naughty: cycling on the pavement, here ;). From starreporter.nl.

Courtesy: ATR

Where is she supposed to be cycling? Here in the US, you are supposed to cycle in the street (although young children are often let to ride on the sidewalk)

Where is she supposed to be cycling? Here in the US, you are supposed to cycle in the street (although young children are often let to ride on the sidewalk)
She's supposed to cycle on the red path next to the sidewalk, where Maurits is cycling. ;)

There are lots of cycle paths in the Netherlands. I think that it is wonderful! Less risk of being run down!

There are lots of cycle paths in the Netherlands. I think that it is wonderful! Less risk of being run down!

We are the country of cycling. Bikes are the most stolen item in NL. If you look up fietsen amsterdam (or bike amsterdam) on google imgages, you get an impression how many bikes we have...

On january 15th Prince Maurits attended a meeting of the 'tall ship event' that will be ortganised in Den Helder this year. The Prince is a patron of the event and says he is looking forward to it.

Article (in Dutch)

Picture

Courtesy: ATR

Princess Marilene and Prince Maurits attended the opening of the Ronald McDonald VU Kinderstad in Amsterdam.

PPE Agency

The couple was interviewed during this act by Blauw Bloed. I have to say they are very charming, not only in their looks but also in the way they speak, act, etc.

The reporter told the prince that it was a long time ago that she saw them doing an event like this and that some might want to see them more often. The Prince joked that they should repeat the tape of this show :).

During the opening of the 'Kinderstad' Marilene was interviewed by Robert ten Brink, asking why she found this such an important cause to support. After Marilene gave a rather complete remark he turned to Maurits who had nothing more to add and he replied thta after 10 years of marriage they agreed on everything, so Marilene had worded his thoughts perfectly too.

The couple was interviewed during this act by Blauw Bloed. I have to say they are very charming, not only in their looks but also in the way they speak, act, etc.

The reporter told the prince that it was a long time ago that she saw them doing an event like this and that some might want to see them more often. The Prince joked that they should repeat the tape of this show :).

During the opening of the 'Kinderstad' Marilene was interviewed by Robert ten Brink, asking why she found this such an important cause to support. After Marilene gave a rather complete remark he turned to Maurits who had nothing more to add and he replied thta after 10 years of marriage they agreed on everything, so Marilene had worded his thoughts perfectly too.

The interview was very funny !!!
I like the couple very much. Some days before WA and Maxima were married I was standing in front of Kraznapolsky to watch the royal guests. A lot of them walked by but when Marilene noticed us she prodded her husband urging him to pay us some attention and the two of them waved at us enthusiastic. It was hard to tell who was cheering who. They seemed to enjoy the whole situation and not to take it all too seriously. Nice people. :flowers:

:dutchflag::dutchflag::dutchflag:

Wonderfull,and celebrating today as HH Princess Marilène turns 38.

Thanks for posting those Lucien, what a lovely family and the children seem pretty too. I believe the pictures were released due to the upcoming 40th birthday of Maurits (and to keep the photographers on a distance in Amsterdam ;))

That is one attractive and photogenic family.

They have three adorable kids! The youngest has grown up very much, I think.

According to royalblog.nl these pictures were meant to be released in the autumn, but due to the pedophelia upheaval the RF decided to postpone it a few months.

The pictures were taken in the Vondelpark in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
As posted and scanned by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Recently Prince Maurits van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven participated in the 28th Edition of the Heineken Regatta near the Dutch(-French) Antillean isle of Sint-Maarten/Saint-Martin.
His Hunkness is 2nd from the right.

(Source: De Telegraaf).
(You see that tailorfirm Oger is one of the sponsors, suits of whom the Prince is often wearing.)
[/FONT]

Picture

And more information, Boulevard magazine 'Weekend' has Marilene on the cover this week and an article about her 'untold sorrow'. According to the magazine a few years ago an unknown man rang the door and later refused to leave the house of Marilene and Maurits, while the Princess was home alone with her children. She wasn't able to call the police and the man stayed for several minutes. After this episode the security has been tightened (slightly, they aren't guarded that much I think) and when the family moved and asked the press not to publish photographs of their new house. Pictures of their old house (and that of Bernhard and Annette) appeard often in the boulevard press.

The magazine makes it sound that the couple moved because of the incident, but I don't know if that is true. My suggestion would be to move away from msterdam Zuid or Oud-ZUid because at the moment they are just asking for it (the few paparazzi we have usually camp out in Amsterdam Zuid and Oud-Zuid because a lot of well known people from television are living there).

Last edited:
And more news about this family, according to H. Jacobs royalblog the GDP newspapers (mostly regional ones) of Monday will feature an interview with Princess Marilene, that she gave at TEFAF in Maastricht. The article will be about her job at the Rijksmuseum, her children, her husband, her 40th birthday and her 10 years of marriage that is coming up.

Last edited:
And more news about this family, according to H. Jacobs royalblog the GDP newspapers (mostly regional ones) of Monday will feature an interview with Princess Marilene, that she gave at TEFAF in Maastricht. The article will be about her job at the Rijksmuseum, her children, her husband, her 40th birthday and her 10 years of marriage that is coming up.

Nice,but it won't be her 40th,it's his,on april 17th.Princess Marilene just turned 38 last month.
:)

Ah, she would be talking about Maurits' 40th birthday probably.

here a website with some pictures of the regatta. Maurits is on pictures no. 16 and 17.

Courtesy Joris and the Benelux Royals MB.

Ah, she would be talking about Maurits' 40th birthday probably.

here a website with some pictures of the regatta. Maurits is on pictures no. 16 and 17.

Courtesy Joris and the Benelux Royals MB.

I know,"some" over there are drooling on this "walking talking hunky candy bar".

He isn't looking bad is he?
Het Koninklijk Huis

Royalblog and GDP newspapers featured the interview with HH Princess Marilene. The Princess was present at the stand of the Rijksmuseum at TEFAF in Maastricht. She says that the 'friends of the Rijksmuseum' programme is going well, 1300 people already enrolled (and payed ;)). The members have to have 'heart' for the Rijksmuseum and in exchange for their donation they get 'extra' service like the magazine 'Oog' of the museum and a private tour. The princess says she is limited in the things she can do because the restauration of the museum will last 4 (!) years longer, until 2013. For now she can use the Philips wing.

The Princess says that in Maastricht more people stop and take an intensive look at her. In Amsterdam that seldom happens. She says her son Lucas is usually surprised when people recognise him, he thinks 'why do you know me but I do not know you?'.

Marilene says that she expects that Maurits and she will do something special for their 10th weddinganniversery. The couple has little public functions, the Princess doesn't regret it too much, she says she is busy enough as it is, with her job and her children.

Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene attended 'Indoor Brabant', a horsing event in 's Hertogenbosch (Bois-Le-Duc). The couple also took their children.

Among the other guests were the Prime Minister, minister Maria van der Hoeven (Economic Affairs), Ernst Hirsch Ballin (Justice) but also tv-presentor Albert Verlinde and his husband, Geert Hoes, deputy for the Liberal party in the States of Brabant and Olympic medal winner Anky van Grunsven.

source: De Telegraaf

Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene attended 'Indoor Brabant', a horsing event in 's Hertogenbosch (Bois-Le-Duc). The couple also took their children.

Among the other guests were the Prime Minister, minister Maria van der Hoeven (Economic Affairs), Ernst Hirsch Ballin (Justice) but also tv-presentor Albert Verlinde and his husband, Geert Hoes, deputy for the Liberal party in the States of Brabant and Olympic medal winner Anky van Grunsven.

source: De Telegraaf

OMG, I attended that event and I didn't know. :(

Back
Top Bottom