Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, Current Events Part 2 (June 2006 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have moved the latest images of Maxima and Marilene attending the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam together to this thread, which is dedicated to events with various members of the royal family together as is the case here.

Alexandria
Dutch Forum Moderator

According to the website of the royal house Prince Maurits will receive the first book about the history of the Abbey of Middelburg on March 23rd, in the New Church in Middelburg.

I believe Prince Maurits has a row with prive-magazine. He was on holidays on the dutch antilles (I just missed him apparently) with friends and was dancing with an unidentified woman when a photographer made pictures, the prince asked him several times to leave but he didn't and now the story is published in Prive (not the pictures I believe).

Marengo said:
I believe Prince Maurits has a row with prive-magazine. He was on holidays on the dutch antilles (I just missed him apparently) with friends and was dancing with an unidentified woman when a photographer made pictures, the prince asked him several times to leave but he didn't and now the story is published in Prive (not the pictures I believe).

Are they saying that he is having an affair or something?

It seems that increasingly the van Vollenhovens are being affected/targeted by the slanderous stories that used to be published about Willem and Maxima.

They weren't explicitely saying that, but they made some hints about it. Prive magazine has become a bit more agressive towards the royals since they were dragged in front of court for invading privacy.

Marengo said:
They weren't explicitely saying that, but they made some hints about it. Prive magazine has become a bit more agressive towards the royals since they were dragged in front of court for invading privacy.

I was hoping that the press were letting Maurits & Marilene have a bit more of a private life, since we don't see as many pictures of them walking in the park, etc. Is this true or are they still often featured in the Dutch gossip magazines?

I don't see much change since before, but the main focus is Maxima and WA though, M&M only get a fraction of the attention.

23 March
Prince Maurits
Prince Maurits receives the first book on the History of the Abbey Middelburg
Niewe Kerk of Middelburg
Middelburg
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14611

The link for this picture is provide by Sander at BRMB.
This photo is from pzc.nl

The door of Niewe Kerk of Middelburg was stuck a little bit, but with a push by the prince, it then open. ;) :D

Attachments

• VP_2403_MAURITS3K_151449h.jpg
    VP_2403_MAURITS3K_151449h.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 400
Marengo said:
I don't see much change since before, but the main focus is Maxima and WA though, M&M only get a fraction of the attention.

Thanks Marengo.

Well, that's too bad, but I guess it would be too much to expect the tabloid press to leave them alone, when they can make money from their pictures & gossip.

I agree that it is a shame that they can't be left alone since they don't seem to intentionally seek out the media either.

I think it would be one thing if they sought out the press on a regular basis then threw a fit when they were photographed in private circumstances, but considering that periodically they release pictures of their family (baptisms and the occasional family photoshoot), I think that is sufficient considering that they while they are members of the royal house they do not play a major role in it.

Truthfully, I see more pictures of Maurits and Marilene and Bernhard Jr. and Annette and their kids in the park or out and about than I do of Constantijn and Laurentien, and hardly anything of Johan-Friso and Mabel.

About Constantijn and Laurentien I will say nothing, but as Friso isn't anymore in line for the throne, I don't see what kind of problem it is that Mabel and him don't release pictures.

Danielane said:
About Constantijn and Laurentien I will say nothing, but as Friso isn't anymore in line for the throne, I don't see what kind of problem it is that Mabel and him don't release pictures.

Well, I don't mean just releasing official pictures now and then. I don't even see paparazzi-style images of them. On Peter Smulders there are many pictures of M&M or B&A out and about in the park with their kids, but how come there are rarely such pictures of Constantijn or Johan Friso and their families? I can't think that these two families with young kids are locked away in their homes and never go out in public.

I've seen pictures of Marilene sweeping the sidewalk outside her home or shopping, but never such pictures of Laurentien or Mabel.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Constantijn & Laurentien live in Belgium, not in Holland.
Yes, I know that. Just as Johan Friso and Mabel live in London. But in both places there are still paparazzi. In Belgium there are some, though not many, examples of Phillippe and Mathilde playing in the park with their kids.

I can see that in the Johan Friso and Mabel's case living in London they have more anonymity. The paparazzi there have their hands full probably with the celebrities and the British royal family.

I think that Belgian paparazzi are far more discreet than the Dutch ones, to be honest. And they don't have a great interest in Constantijn and Laurentien's family I guess...

Maxie said:
I think that Belgian paparazzi are far more discreet than the Dutch ones, to be honest. And they don't have a great interest in Constantijn and Laurentien's family I guess...

That's interesting Maxie! I wonder why the Belgian press are more discreet. Are there stricter privacy laws in Belgium?

Alexandria said:
In Belgium there are some, though not many, examples of Phillippe and Mathilde playing in the park with their kids.

No such photos exist. The only few paparazzi photos taken of Philippe, Mathilde & the children were taken abroad.

Squidgy said:
That's interesting Maxie! I wonder why the Belgian press are more discreet. Are there stricter privacy laws in Belgium?

Not that I know of, to be honest. (Maybe one of the Belgian members can help us out on that one). But I for myself think that the belgian press is just more discreet in general. If the BRF makes a deal with the press, they tend to live by the deal. Here in Holland there will always be some 'journalists' who write their stupid stories anyway and try to make paparazzi pictures, though there are several official occasions where they can take loads of pictures without stalking the families in daily life, as was the deal. (The tabloid Prive for instance, they just go on taking them and publishing them...). I think it's just plain stupid. People should be left alone if they ask to be left alone. Maybe that's naieve, but in Belgium it seems to work (as Catherine pointed out too). I think I'll become a Belgian in a next life... ;)

Maxie said:
Not that I know of, to be honest. (Maybe one of the Belgian members can help us out on that one). But I for myself think that the belgian press is just more discreet in general. If the BRF makes a deal with the press, they tend to live by the deal. Here in Holland there will always be some 'journalists' who write their stupid stories anyway and try to make paparazzi pictures, though there are several official occasions where they can take loads of pictures without stalking the families in daily life, as was the deal. (The tabloid Prive for instance, they just go on taking them and publishing them...). I think it's just plain stupid. People should be left alone if they ask to be left alone. Maybe that's naieve, but in Belgium it seems to work (as Catherine pointed out too). I think I'll become a Belgian in a next life... ;)
Thanks Maxie for your answer! I've only realized in the last few months just what a pest some of the Dutch photographers & journalists can be in their pursuit of the royals. I feel sorry for all members of the family, but especially for Maurits & Marilene because, as Alexandria points out, they aren't really major players, yet they are still hounded. I'm sure the Dutch people would criticize the couple if they didn't work to earn a living, yet the press makes it so difficult for them to work and to have any kind of normal life.

Well, anybody saw the cover of Prive magazine this week?

cover_2006_13.jpg

The headline says: together on the beach, diners andtext-messages.
The Prince and the TV-star
Did Maurits fall for her charmes
Gallyon van Gessem: It is something innocent

Well, some inventive people over there at Prive with a lot of fantasy... :(
*Sigh*

Alexandria said:
Well, I don't mean just releasing official pictures now and then. I don't even see paparazzi-style images of them. On Peter Smulders there are many pictures of M&M or B&A out and about in the park with their kids, but how come there are rarely such pictures of Constantijn or Johan Friso and their families? I can't think that these two families with young kids are locked away in their homes and never go out in public.

I've seen pictures of Marilene sweeping the sidewalk outside her home or shopping, but never such pictures of Laurentien or Mabel.

I'm not sure if the picture have been posted on TRF, I don't have the picture so I can't post it, but I think it's getting freaky, Princess Mabel covered the head of Countess Luana, just to make sure they wouldn't take her picture.

Are there unfaithful rumours from Prince Maurits??

a totally unreliable tabloid is putting out those rumors(the same one recently had to pay maxima damages for falsely saying she slapped her kids' nanny). i am sure it is very hurtful for M and M. I feel bad for them.

pollyemma said:
a totally unreliable tabloid is putting out those rumors(the same one recently had to pay maxima damages for falsely saying she slapped her kids' nanny). i am sure it is very hurtful for M and M. I feel bad for them.

I feel bad for them too. But I guess it was only a matter of time when the press would begin these rumours. I suppose that next they will be saying that Bernhard & Annette are heading for divorce ... and then P-C & Anita ... then Floris & Aimee ... It does get tiresome!

Princess Robijn said:
I'm not sure if the picture have been posted on TRF, I don't have the picture so I can't post it, but I think it's getting freaky, Princess Mabel covered the head of Countess Luana, just to make sure they wouldn't take her picture.

Makes me think of Michael Jackson with his kids! :eek:

It must be fun to work at Prive. You get to let your imagine run wild but be called a real journalist/reporter. :rolleyes: Every couple of weeks they must throw a dart at some names and decide that for the next few weeks they will use their imaginative minds on Person X.

I hope that there is no comment from Maurits and Marilene on this subject. A comment would just fuel Prive that they are trying to cover things up and only lead to more fake stories.

Princess Robijn said:

Two words: Blanket Jackson:( :confused: :confused:
Mabel has so many issues: mafia ex-lovers, bows, now this; someone PLEASE get her to a shrink:eek: :eek: :eek:

Alexandria said:
I hope that there is no comment from Maurits and Marilene on this subject. A comment would just fuel Prive that they are trying to cover things up and only lead to more fake stories.

I am not sure Alexandria, by doing nothing the magazine will continue on this path, untill Maurits and Marilene lose their looks & sex-appeal (which might take a while ;))
Yesterday the crownprince and princess won a legal battle against the magazine, prive had to pay 3000 euros, but the judge warned them that in the future the height of the damages might pile up to 10.000.000 euros. The magazine announced they will evaluate their present course and will see if the will stick to the media code or not.

I do not believe the story of Maurits falls within this code as they do not show pictures and the only hint at it, not claim it. And even go as far as quote the lady in question on the cover who denies anything of the sort.

The magazine isn't to clever IMO, to be more credible they should at least have picked a brunette, considering the taste of the van Vollenhoven sons ;)

Today Anna van Vollenhoven is 5 years old.
Happy birthday sweet girl!:p

Back
Top Bottom