Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, Current Events Part 2 (June 2006 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why did they wait so long for the baptism?

Maybe because princess Alexia and countess Luana must be baptised before Felicia....

Thank you everybody for all the pictures! Are Floris and Constantijn Felecia's godfathers then?

Yes, and a godmother: Barbara Ruding (a friend of the family)

Thanks Royalsa! :)

One more question: Is there anything about the baptism gown worn by Felecia? Is it the same gown worn by her sister and brother, or other historical notes about it?

Here's a picture without watermark from ANP. Felicia does look like a sweetie!

Squidgy said:
Here's a picture without watermark from ANP. Felicia does look like a sweetie!

Thanks for the bigger, watermark-free picture Squidy!

I know that you and Marengo and others were commenting in the previous thread that Lucas looked a little bit like Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven and in this picture I thin there is definitely a resemblance.

I wonder if anyone might have a picture of Professor van Vollenhoven when he was younger as a contrast?

O, i agree a bit...but I think he lookes more like his uncle Bernhard!!

I can see a bit of Pieter in Lucas, but as Wimaamal notes, definately there is a resemblance with Bernhard - the glasses & the hair.

Alexandria, I couldn't find many pics of Pieter when he was young. The official site has a few, but none of when he was Lucas's age.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=4929

wimaamal said:
O, i agree a bit...but I think he lookes more like his uncle Bernhard!!

Yes, that's true! But he looks like Pieter too, I think. :)
Thanks to all who posted the pictures, it's such a precious family!

Alexandria said:
Thanks for the bigger, watermark-free picture Squidy!

I know that you and Marengo and others were commenting in the previous thread that Lucas looked a little bit like Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven and in this picture I thin there is definitely a resemblance.

I wonder if anyone might have a picture of Professor van Vollenhoven when he was younger as a contrast?

For those of you who'd like to see some great footage of this family 'in motion', (forgive me if this's been posted before), but click on this link,

http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlboulevard/video/

and scroll all the way down to where it says : "Maurits en Marilene"

it's a video about this family's visit to a children's theatre play about a mouse, but has some other great footage too. It's only a minute or so. At the end of it, in the theater, a reporter first asks Anna whether she's scared of mice and her answer is 'yes'. After that, they ask little Lucas for his opinion, and his answer is a decided "no". I much recommend this little video, especially since Lucas is soooo very very cute. Photos really don't do him justice!
The video's voice-over also comments on how approachable and friendly Marilene and Maurits are, and they interview a celebrity photographer (paparazzo) who says these two are so friendly and without pretense, other royals/subjects should take a page from these two.
(One little warning though, and that is that this link won't work after it's been posted on rtl's site for over a month I believe. So if you want to watch it, do it within the next weeks!)

That was a great treat of a video Princess Olga! It's great to see the family in action. Thank you for sharing it. I wonder if there is a way to save this video since it will disappear?

And on reading the other posts, I do see what everyone means by Lucas resembling his Uncle Bernhard.

Here are 2 pics of young Pieter, the one with the hat is at age 3, the other one is at age 5.
There is defenitely familyblood!!:D

Attachments

• pieter 3 jaar..jpg
    pieter 3 jaar..jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 486
  • Pieter 5 jaar..jpg
    Pieter 5 jaar..jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 459
Alexandria said:
That was a great treat of a video Princess Olga! It's great to see the family in action. Thank you for sharing it. I wonder if there is a way to save this video since it will disappear?
Any time Alexandria! :) yes I was wondering the same thing about the video and its experation date, and looked through the RTL Boulevard site, but they don't seem to have an archive, which is a shame, because from time to time they have great footage of especially the various members of the dutch royal family. As Marengo once pointed out, as far as information goes, RTL's site/program often gets its facts on royals plain wrong, they seem to be very sloppy with fact checking, but all the same, the video footage they come up with is often really good.

True, I think RTL-boulevard is the programme who gives the most information about royals here, almost on a daily basis, so. And most often they get the recent facts right (not always though) :).

Thank Wimaamal for those pictures of Pieter. I read alexandria's post and already thought, where on earth would there be pictures of that ;)? But you managed, thanks again!

just a few more...

Amsterdam 29 januari 2006
Premiere Muis in de Meervaart.
Princess Marilene, Prince Maurits with Anna van Vollenhoven & Lucas van Vollenhoven.

from petersmulders.nl

March 9, 2006
MAASTRICHT - Nearly every museum in the Netherlands has a circle of friends. Rijksmuseum (The National Museum) in Amsterdam did it without for a while. On Thursday, in kunstbeurs Tefaf in Maastricht, the national museum sworn Princess Marilene as their new patron.
ANP PHOTO/ ED OUDENAARDEN

ps. i translate the caption from ANP:
MAASTRICHT - Vrijwel ieder museum in Nederland heeft er een; een vriendenkring. Het Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam deed het tot voor kort nog zonder. Op de kunstbeurs Tefaf in Maastricht werd donderdag echter die van het Rijksmuseum gelanceerd, onder anderen door prinses Marilene. Zie bericht bin heden.
so, please, if there's a better information for this event, please do post it.. :)

Attachments

• 2487503.jpg
    2487503.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 2487517.jpg
    2487517.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 420
Thanks Purple! A very nice initiative of Marilene. I believe I read on the Benelux Royals MB that she initiated this herself, when she talked about it with some friends. She is usually very elegant and would have made an excellent crownprincess IMO. A pity we don't see her more often (for us I mean, probably she prefers her discrete role).

Yes, it's definitely a pity we don't get to see more of princess Marilene. I have to agree with you, Marengo. She would have made a perfect crown princess. :)

Your translation pretty well covered up what Marilene was doing in Maastricht, purple. ;) In Maastricht we have this great and famous art fair each year, it's called the TEFAF. All people who know something about art (or think they do) go there to search for new and old art, which is sold there. It's mostly an event for the Dutch beau monde, I'm afraid. I always wanted to go there with my mom (my parents live nearby Maastricht) to have a good laugh (and look at some interesting art, of course) but we never had the chance. Marilene obviously was there to promote the new circle of friends of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. :) The TEFAF is a good place to look out for rich people who are willing to donate something to the arts, imo. I think it's wonderful that Marilene helps the museum with finding new friends...

Marengo said:
Thanks Purple! A very nice initiative of Marilene. I believe I read on the Benelux Royals MB that she initiated this herself, when she talked about it with some friends. She is usually very elegant and would have made an excellent crownprincess IMO. A pity we don't see her more often (for us I mean, probably she prefers her discrete role).

I totally echo your sentiments Marengo about Marilene. I like Willem and Maxima a lot, but I would be incredibly happy with a Crown Prince Maurits and Crown Princess Marilene, too. (Marilene already has the requisite "M" name for a Crown Princess, to boot! :p) A Queen Margriet and Prince Pieter wouldn't have been so bad, either!

They are such an incredibly down to earth couple and I think they would've done the Netherlands very proud as its Crown Princely couple.

This couple is verry common and down to earth. How many princesses do you see bringing her own childeren to a public school ? If you are in amsterdam you can see the couple on a sunny day in the Vondelpark taking a walk.

Back
Top Bottom