Prince Floris, Princess Aimée and Family, Current Events Part 1 (February 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Josette! I realized after I typed this question that they probably don't since he is no longer part of the royal house.

The 2 eldest sons of Princess Margriet are members of the Royal House, but they don't attend either.

Josette

they are such a nice couple! I love them both. Does anyone know what the name Magali mean or refer to?

they are such a nice couple! I love them both. Does anyone know what the name Magali mean or refer to?

I think that Magali is the name of Princess Aimee's sister.

Blauw Bloed shortly interviewed princess Aimee during MADD 2009. She said her pregnancy was going extremely well thus far and that she was looking forward to the summer, when the second baby is there.

I think the baby will be born in the second half of July.
The announcement was made for the beginning, but Oranges are born, mostly later than due date.

Expect yes, but nearly all the Oranges who were born on a natural way were born late.
What I wanted to say is that I would not be surprised about a birth after July 15th

From what I have witnessed most of these royals regardless of royal family are born either right on time(the Dutch) or a little earlier than what is reported(the Danes). The Oranges seem to be right on time. They also seem to give more detail than most other royal families.

A lot of those births in time are planned (caesarean sections)
All the children of the Queen and princess Margriet are born by caesarean section. Only Princess Maxima had "planned early births". Wenn Amalia was expected the announcement spoke about January and she came on December 7th.
The same with her sisters.
All the other ladies with exeption of princess Annette, who also had three times a caesarean (due to the fact that her first baby Isabella was too late), were rather late.

The good thing about it is that the midwives and doctors here in Holland will give the baby more time and opportunity to come on a natural way (without too much medical intervention)

All the children of the Queen and princess Margriet are born by caesarean section.

I thought Margriet's first (Maurits) was born naturally? I could be wrong, I just had that impression somehow. And I thought women weren't supposed to have any more than 3 caesareans, which works if Bernhard, Pieter-Christiaan, and Floris were her 3 but not if all 4 boys were c-sections.

I thought Margriet's first (Maurits) was born naturally? I could be wrong, I just had that impression somehow. And I thought women weren't supposed to have any more than 3 caesareans, which works if Bernhard, Pieter-Christiaan, and Floris were her 3 but not if all 4 boys were c-sections.

No,they were all by caesarians,all four,quite something...

Interesting, since generally you're only "allowed" 3.

I'm surprised Margriet went through a c-section 4 different times. I would not be able to handle that! No way!

Well, I keep checking daily for news on this new Dutch addition. Hopefully soon!

I'm surprised Margriet went through a c-section 4 different times. I would not be able to handle that! No way!

Well, I keep checking daily for news on this new Dutch addition. Hopefully soon!

Very soon indeed...:flowers:

And eh,dutch ladies are of a different sturdy & strong breed,it was four caesarians dear Margriet had.
Honest.

Last edited:

A few days ago I heard that the birth is expected for the second half of July.
I don't understand why they said the beginning of July in the announcement.
I suppose that due day is beginning of July but that they expect some "traditional delay"

They said the beginning of July as they know it better then you who said it wasn´t till the second halve of this month.See.:)
You posted that rumour on the 28th of last month.The baby is due this coming week.

Last edited:
Ok Lucien, due is something other than actual birth, so your remark on a birth this week is a guess and not a fact!
My remark is also a guess and not a fact, but a good possibility even considered by the future parents.

My daughter's due day two years ago was August 5th and her child was born on August 25th.
She herself is a midwife and actually she sees a lot of births at 42 weeks), that it is almost a trend.
She actually tells her patients that they better concentrate themselves on those 42 weeks.
I never said that the RVD due date is wrong, but it is a good possibility that that birth-trend is followed by the royals.
That is even considered by the future royal parents.

Maybe the RVD should consider that in the future when they announce a coming birth.
F.e According to RVD princess Annette was due in the very beginning of May 2002 with Isabella and Isabella at last was born by caesarean section on May 14th.
I think that the RVD had better announced that birth for medio May.
That is my humble opinion.

According to 'Weekend', on September 12th a motercycle exploded next to the house of Floris and Aimée in Amsterdam-Zuid. It was a big explosion, that happened around midnight, a car got on fire and the house of the prince and princess was damaged,. The couple had to leave their house and at the moment they are living in Naarden. It was in Naarden where the couple married and where Aimée's parents are living btw. Their house is undergoing reparations, at the moment a piece of wood has been nailed to the door.

The day after the explosion the couple attended the baptism of Pieter van Vollenhoven jr. in Apeldoorn.; Some posters at the forums remarked that princess Aimeée looked tired, now we know why.

Last edited:
:previous: I am glad to hear that they weren't hurt. I can definitely understand why Aimee looked tired. This must have been a very scary and stressful situation. Was the damage to their house severe?

A lot of those births in time are planned (caesarean sections)
All the children of the Queen and princess Margriet are born by caesarean section. Only Princess Maxima had "planned early births". Wenn Amalia was expected the announcement spoke about January and she came on December 7th.
The same with her sisters.
All the other ladies with exeption of princess Annette, who also had three times a caesarean (due to the fact that her first baby Isabella was too late), were rather late.

The good thing about it is that the midwives and doctors here in Holland will give the baby more time and opportunity to come on a natural way (without too much medical intervention)

I hadn't realized that both the Queen and her sister had c-sections. That was a more difficult recovery in the 1960's than it is today as the incisions are made differently now. Then mothers didn't have the option of a v-bac .

Back
Top Bottom