Prince Floris, Princess Aimée and Family, Current Events Part 1 (February 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
soCal girl said:
I think Aimee is a beautiful woman and has a doting husband but I don't know much about them. Since Friso got engaged/married without the permission of Parliament? and/or the Queen? he lost his place in the royal house. It doesn't really matter because he and his descendants have a really slim chance of ever getting the throne. So, since this whole thing happened, is Floris still considered a prince and is Aimee one (even as a courtesy title)?

Yes they are.

From: http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/english/content.jsp?objectid=13244

"Although not a Princess in her own right, Aimée bears the courtesy title of Princess of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven-Söhngen, following the custom that a wife takes her husband’s title. She is addressed as ‘Your Highness’."

Anna_R said:
Yes they are.

From: http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/english/content.jsp?objectid=13244

"Although not a Princess in her own right, Aimée bears the courtesy title of Princess of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven-Söhngen, following the custom that a wife takes her husband’s title. She is addressed as ‘Your Highness’."

Thank you for your quick reply Anna! So if she is addressed as 'Your Highness' is she a HRH or HH?

soCal girl said:
Thank you for your quick reply Anna! So if she is addressed as 'Your Highness' is she a HRH or HH?

I guess she's a HH

correct, she can use the HH and when speaking to her you can say Ýour Highness'though I doubt that that will happen very often in real life and probably she (like her sisters-in-law) won't really use that style.

Could someone please explain why these boys bear the title "prince" and are styled "His Highness", when they are descended through the female line with a commoner father?

Was there a special exception made when they were all born?

I was just wondering as I have not seen this question brought up before.

Lady Marmalade said:
Could someone please explain why these boys bear the title "prince" and are styled "His Highness", when they are descended through the female line with a commoner father?

Was there a special exception made when they were all born?

I was just wondering as I have not seen this question brought up before.

It was decreed at the time of their marriage (Margriet & Pieter) that any children will by styled as Prince/Princess van Oranje-Nassau. Thus, be styled as his/her highness.

BTW, the title is not hereditary. Therfore, Margriet's grandchildren will not be Prince/Princess.

Last edited:
GERMANY NETHERLANDS

Dutch Premier Jan Peter Balkenende (C) signs the golden guest book in Leipzig, while being flanked by Saxonian premier Georg Milbradt (L), and Prince Floris of Oranien-Nassau (R) and his wife Princess Aimée of Oranien-Nassau, Sunday, 11 June 2006.

from anp

Attachments

• 3177366.jpg
    3177366.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 284
Does anybody know why they were there? Attending Serbia-Montenegro vs The Netherlands? (which we won with 0-1)

Yes they were attending Serbia-Montenegro vs The Netherlands

HRHAmy said:
Aimee reminds me of Princess Letezia of Spain.

If you go to their wedding thread, other people also made that observation. There's this one picture of Aimee's profile that indeed has a little resemblance to Letizia of Spain. :)

A new thread has been created here for the pregnancy of Princess Aimee. Please post any and all information regarding the pregnancy, or pregnancy related subjects there.

Empress

Dutch Forums Moderator

HH Princess Aimée gave birth to a daughter early this morning at 04.37AM at the VUmc,Amsterdam.:wub:

The little girls name is:Magali Margriet Eleonoor.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
Lovely family photos. Does anyone know where Prince Floris and Princess Aimee live?

Magali is a super charismatic baby! a little beauty! :flowers:
I love her face expression!
She again had this "What do all this guys want, huh?"-face expressions she also had on her first photos.
What a lovely baby!

What lovely pictures! Magali is just adorable, and Aimée looks great for someone who gave birth two months ago!

Does anyone have unwatermarked pictures?

Really lovely photos of this family. Magali has a very serious little look on her face, as though she is studying everything.

This is a very nice looking family. Usually I don't mind the watermark but this time 3 of the 4 pictures had the mark over the baby's face. Oh well, the pictures are still great and a special treat to see!

Little Magali is dressed so cute...the little knit bottoms with ribbons on the feet. :flowers:

Floris & Aimee visit Canada

Prince Floris & Princess Aimee are in Ottawa this week carrying out various engagements. On Monday, they took part in a dedication ceremony at the Prince Floris Charity Golf Tournament at the Hylands Golf Club.

If you go to this site & scroll down a bit on the page, you can find a picture of the couple here

Thanks Squidgy! I didn't know they were in Canada actually, it didn't receive press attention here AFAIK.

The prince did feature in today's 'Telegraaf' though, and not in a positive way.

The title of the article: 'Prince Floris suprised to be listed on dubious list'

- The prince started a real-estate company recently called '4U Investments', the branche organisation (VVP) has listed this company and various others on a list of dubious companies that they will start an investigation on.

The company is a British one, owned by the prince and 4 of his friends. They started the cooperation 3 years ago and the goal was to buy real-estate in London. That didn't happen but they did buy two buildings in the Netherlands. One of them was sold but one is still available for renting.

The company of the prince does not sell real-estate investments to other people but it is listed on the list of the VVP nontheless. Prince Floris suspects that the refusal of 4U Investments to reply to questions of VVP about shares has led to their placing on the list. The prince says: 'but I don't understand why we should give information about our company to some law-office.

Thanks Squidgy! I didn't know they were in Canada actually, it didn't receive press attention here AFAIK.

The prince did feature in today's 'Telegraaf' though, and not in a positive way.

The title of the article: 'Prince Floris suprised to be listed on dubious list'

- The prince started a real-estate company recently called '4U Investments', the branche organisation (VVP) has listed this company and various others on a list of dubious companies that they will start an investigation on.

The company is a British one, owned by the prince and 4 of his friends. They started the cooperation 3 years ago and the goal was to buy real-estate in London. That didn't happen but they did buy two buildings in the Netherlands. One of them was sold but one is still available for renting.

The company of the prince does not sell real-estate investments to other people but it is listed on the list of the VVP nontheless. Prince Floris suspects that the refusal of 4U Investments to reply to questions of VVP about shares has led to their placing on the list. The prince says: 'but I don't understand why we should give information about our company to some law-office.

HH Prince Floris and his business partners got a rectification,and excuses,from the VVP.They were previously placed on a black-list by these insignificant nuisances,VVP,has no legal hold whatshowever but can,by illegally/unlawfully but most of all unjustified listings,destroy any reputation.I would demand stronger laws in the field.

Btw,the Prince and his partners only have one house,in The Hague,and for long think about selling 4Uinvestments because they all are simply to busy.

More,courtesy our dear HJA;:)
http://www.royalblog.nl/

What have Floris and Aimee been doing lately? I did not see any photos of them at Prinsjesdag. Do they normally attend this?

Back
Top Bottom