Prince Floris, Princess Aimée and Family, Current Events Part 1 (February 2005 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More pictures from the TV show part 4

Attachments

• pe.jpg
    pe.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 216
  • pf.jpg
    pf.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 679
  • pj.jpg
    pj.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 201
Thanks misshelen, Aimee looks great (as always). Has anybody seen the interview? I missed it :( . Where was it recorded anyway?

Marengo said:
Thanks misshelen, Aimee looks great (as always). Has anybody seen the interview? I missed it :( . Where was it recorded anyway?

It was somewhere in a living in Amsterdam. The interview was funny and I enjoyed it very much.

More pictures from the TV show part 5

Attachments

• pl.jpg
    pl.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 311
  • pm.jpg
    pm.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 255
More pictures from the TV show part 6

Attachments

• pn.jpg
    pn.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 325
  • po.jpg
    po.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 306
  • pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 279
And how did you come to that conclusion, after the few pictures you have seen (IMO Letizia is not arrogant at all but quite a sophisticated woman)?

You are right, Truth.
That is what I was thinking when I was watching the video of the civil wedding. Aimée is an absolutely beautiful woman, she looked gorgeous both at the civil and church wedding but she is not as natural as Annette or Mariléne and especially Anita. I hope that I am wrong and her "very professional" appearance is NOT an expression of that she knows who she married. Maybe she tries to show that she is "unassailable" ... I have to consider that she is younger than the other married princesses in the Netherlands.

The word arrogant has never crossed my mind when I have seen pictures of Letizia. I think she is a poised, confident woman - I don't know, maybe for some people that comes off as arrogant.

As for Aimee, she is actually starting to grow on me. The early pictures I saw of her, to me she did come across as a little "stuck up". But watching videos of the weddings and seeing her speak to the press after the civil wedding, I don't feel that way anymore. Since I couldn't understand a word she was saying (I don't speak Dutch), I had no choice but to concentrate on her body language and expression. She was confident, straight forward and I think some warmth did come across.

I think she just has a style that is a bit more polished than her royal sisters-in-law, so sometimes people draw conclusions from that. The pictures Miss Helen posted are nice because she comes across as more relaxed & laid back.

And yes, Viola-Theresa, it is good to point out that she is younger than her sister-in-laws, so it is not completely fair to make comparisons.

I think that aimee is a verry kind and good person:p :p :p

:D :D I saw her and Pince Floris in Naarden at the wedding and you can see that they are very in love:) :)

dutch royal said:
:D :D I saw her and Pince Floris in Naarden at the wedding and you can see that they are very in love:) :)

Dutch Royal, did you watch the wedding on TV or did you actually go to the wedding in Naarden?

Web-version of the TV show?

does anyone know if it's possible to watch the interview on web-tv?

misshelen you always keep us up to date with the dutch royals and this is no exception -- thank you so much for some beautiful photos!

unfortunetly sophisticated and naturally elagant woman might look arrogant when in reality they are not....

Squidgy, i went with my twinssister to Naarden to see it up close and personal and it was fantastic.:D :D :D The policemen we spoke said that we stood just right to see the bride and groom and of course the royal family.:p :p

When we got home we were tired but not tired enough to put the photo,s on the computer!!!!!;) ;) ;)

dutch royal said:
Squidgy, i went with my twinssister to Naarden to see it up close and personal and it was fantastic.:D :D :D The policemen we spoke said that we stood just right to see the bride and groom and of course the royal family.:p :p

When we got home we were tired but not tired enough to put the photo,s on the computer!!!!!;) ;) ;)

Way to go Dutch Royal! You have been to a lot of royal weddings this year, lucky you.:) I'm glad that after all your waiting that you were rewarded with a good view of the Royal Family. It must have been pretty exciting.:D

I watched the interview last night and I can tell you Aimee is all but arrogant. Her pretty looks are very natural and so is her behaviour, not at all stuck up or pretending to be better. She's funny, but in a sweet way (not shouting to get attention for something she thinks is funny). She's a nice, normal woman, who comes from a good, relatively upperclass background, and who'se got her two feet firm on the ground.

everytime i see aimee its just falling in love with that beautiful smile... she really looks lovely all the time. :) thanks for all the captions!!

Thanks for that information, Hannelore. Since I don't understand Dutch, I am left to observe body language but I have learned that even that has cultural implications so I am not always sure what to think. In this case, I have resolved to enjoy the pictures and time will tell...but I trust your input and am glad you wrote something.

Hannelore said:
I watched the interview last night and I can tell you Aimee is all but arrogant. Her pretty looks are very natural and so is her behaviour, not at all stuck up or pretending to be better. She's funny, but in a sweet way (not shouting to get attention for something she thinks is funny). She's a nice, normal woman, who comes from a good, relatively upperclass background, and who'se got her two feet firm on the ground.

Since I could not see the interview here in Canada, I appreciate hearing your views on it Hannelore. Thank you.:)

And I was thinking, by all accounts, Floris is supposedly such a nice, down to earth guy; I can't imagine him choosing a partner who does not also share these qualitites.

And yes, as Emily said in an earlier post, thanks Miss Helen for always keeping us up to date on the Dutch RF.:):)

Thanks everyone for your kind words:) One more cap for all of you!

Attachments

• px.jpg
    px.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 333
Miss Helen, Is it possible for you to post some caps of PC and Anita from the tv-show interview with Ivo Niehe on their forum? I would really appreciate that because I like them very much and I saw lots of caps of Aimee, but not one from Anita.

More pictures from shopping in Amsterdam at wednesday October 19th..one day before the civil wedding. Pictures www.edwinsmulders.nl

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 291
  • zb.jpg
    zb.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 258
  • zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 247
  • zd.jpg
    zd.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 335
  • ze.jpg
    ze.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 269
Some cute pictures, misshelen! Thank you. Do you know what these two are up to these days? Are they back in the Netherlands? I was surprised they were not at the christening today.

They are still honeymooning, so hence the absence.

Genevieve said:
Aimee does look more pretentious and haughty than her other sisters in laws. But that just might be her look and her personality is completely different.

Floris seems so humble and down to earth though it's hard to believe that he might choose a life partner who was snobby.

i actually think there's nothing pretentious about aimee. she looks really down to earth and really simple and humble to me, and really in love with floris, as all her sisters in law and respective husbands. the van vollenhoven girls all look so sweet... :) can't wait to hear that anita and aimee are giving new grandchildren to magriet! do you think they will take a long time to have babies?

Prince Floris in Amsterdam, January 24, 2006
from peter smulders

Attachments

• floris1.jpg
    floris1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 163
  • floris2.jpg
    floris2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 278
  • floris3.jpg
    floris3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 281
  • floris4.jpg
    floris4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 172
I think Aimee is a beautiful woman and has a doting husband but I don't know much about them. Since Friso got engaged/married without the permission of Parliament? and/or the Queen? he lost his place in the royal house. It doesn't really matter because he and his descendants have a really slim chance of ever getting the throne. So, since this whole thing happened, is Floris still considered a prince and is Aimee one (even as a courtesy title)?

Back
Top Bottom