Pieter van Vollenhoven's 70th Birthday: April 29, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
Tonight is Pieter's birthday bash at the Beatrix theatre in Utrecht with the entire extended Royal Family present,everybody is there,
all of them, to honour and celebrate their most favorite and beloved uncle,brother-in-law,husband and father-(-in-law-).All.Plus 1200 invited guests.

All will see a performance especially written for Pieter,so I suppose it is only partly serious and insanely humerous.:D

Well done dearest Pieter!!

Among the guests,Prince Laurent and Princess Claire of Belgium who have a special very warm friendship with Pieter.

Last edited:
Wow, Well done Pieter.
Love the pictures, so far thank you Her Majesty.
x

28-04-2009 Utrecht Dutch Royal family attended the festivities for the 70th birthday of Dhr. van Vollenhoven at the theater in Utrecht. Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Mabel and Prince Friso. PPE Agency

It looks like a wonderful party! Everyone looks so relaxed and happy. It is great to see Laurent and Claire. I didn't know that they were close with the van Vollenhovens.

Does anyone else think that Princess Annette and Princess Aimee look like they could be sisters?

It looks like a wonderful party! Everyone looks so relaxed and happy. It is great to see Laurent and Claire. I didn't know that they were close with the van Vollenhovens.

Does anyone else think that Princess Annette and Princess Aimee look like they could be sisters?

Yes! I was thinking the exact same thing.

I recall Pieter was a best man at Laurent's wedding too,close friends.

Our birthday boy:

ANP Beeldbank

:flowers:

i think this deserves its own thread! to me, mabel was the belle of the ball. she looked great in that dress!

During the party his sons all went on stage at some point, as did his wife. They made some jokes about Pieter, and princess Margriet remarked that retired husband are a full time job to their wives (so she was happy he was still working). Prince Maurits was on stage with comedian Freek de Jonge (a friend of Pieter).
1200 guests attended the special show at the Beatrix theatre in Utrecht. At the end the sons of pieter van Vollenhoven offered to continue their fathers work for various charities and organisations like slachtoffershulp (victims help).

Where is Prince Bernhard jr.? I hadn't seen him on the pictures!

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?...=9683939&pos=2
Who are all these women? I can recognize only Princess Margriet...

The Duke of Parma looks well, while Prince Laurent of Belgium looks so old...

All these ladies are the daugthers in law of Princess Magriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven.

From left to right:

Princess Anette, married with Prince Bernhard (who was absent because of his surgery last week), Princess Aimee, married with Prince Floris, Princess Marilene, married with Prince Maurits, the you recognized Princess Magriet;) and at the right side Princess Anita, married with Prince Pieter-Christiaan.

Thanks Anirac and LadyS!

It sounds like a really fun party! Did Queen Beatrix speak at all?

28-04-2009 Utrecht Dutch Royal family attended the festivities for the 70th birthday of Dhr. van Vollenhoven at the theater in Utrecht. Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven, Queen Beatrix, Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Mabel and Prince Friso. PPE Agency

Thank you for the gallery.
Princess Aimmee looks possitively stunning.
Love the family gatherins like this.
x

It sounds like a really fun party! Did Queen Beatrix speak at all?

To each and everyone,but not a speech to the birthday boy.She might at the private birthday dinner.:)

Was Princess Irene present?

Princess Irene was in South-Africa where she has a house and where she often helds lectures.
Margarita was absent too, but her husband Tjalling accompagnied the other lonely lady princess Annette, whose husband is recovering from an operation

First of all, happy birthday to Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven! He looks such a nice person :)

Princess Aimee is IMO the most elegant and classy of the ladies. But Máxima's dress is very pretty as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom