How Princess Margriet's Sons Met Their Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal77

Commoner
City
cork
Country
Ireland
Hello,

Can someone tell me how Princess Margriet 's sons met their wifes?

Prince Maurits
Prince Bernhard
Prince Floris
and Prince Pieter - Christaan.

Thank you so much.

Maurits and Marilene were a waiter and a waitress at Cafe Juliana (!) in Groningen during their student days.

I am not sure how Bernhard and Annette met but also during their student years (in Utrecht?)

Aimee and Floris also in one of these sororities, in Leiden, I believe Aimee once told the press that she/her friends always thought she would end up with some sort of latin Don Juan but it turned out somewhat differently. I believe Floris forgot to ask her phonenumber the first time and went through some troubles to get it.

Last edited:
Bernhard and Annette studied in Groningen as well and met over there. PC and Anita met in London, where they were both working/doing an internship.

Groningen seems to be a favourite haunt (with two of these royals). How come?

Groningen seems to be a favourite haunt (with two of these royals). How come?

Groningen university just was the boys choice for a University,that's all.

Maurits and Marilène were bartenders at "Soestdijk" a student hang-out/wateringhole/pub.Stillexists.Bernhardstudied economics,Annette psychology....and..oh well,you know how things go,one leads to the other,and that's how it went.

Maurits worked as a bartender? That is very interesting! Is he widely recognized, or is he able to blend in? Or do the people not make a big deal out of seeing a royal in an informal situation?

Well, most of the time people over here don't make a big deal out of it. Only WA and Maxima are fulltime Royal, all the others do have jobs like you and me (well, probably a bit better).

Well, most of the time people over here don't make a big deal out of it. Only WA and Maxima are fulltime Royal, all the others do have jobs like you and me (well, probably a bit better).

Thanks Sneeuwklokje! They are probably able to live normal happy lives because the people don't make a big fuss. I would also imagine that their jobs are a lot better than mine.

well, they must earn money enought to keep the royal aparences! i presume!

I bet they also inherited some money that helps them doing that too. ;)
Btw, I think that someone like princess Annette looks quite normal, not as princessy as Marilène or Aimée.

Wasn't it with Floris and Aimée that Floris sent an e-mail to Aimée with an adress that he invented himself. Something like him thinking: 'she's called Aimée Söhngen, so maybe aimeesohngen@hotmail.com would do the trick.' I found that very cute. :wub:

I bet they also inherited some money that helps them doing that too. ;)
Btw, I think that someone like princess Annette looks quite normal, not as princessy as Marilène or Aimée.

Wasn't it with Floris and Aimée that Floris sent an e-mail to Aimée with an adress that he invented himself. Something like him thinking: 'she's called Aimée Söhngen, so maybe aimeesohngen@hotmail.com would do the trick.' I found that very cute. :wub:

Are you saying that Floris did this when he was trying to get to know Aimee better? This is so sweet!

Indeed he did, it was mentioned during the civil ceremony of their marriage!!

Thank you for the answer, Sneeuwklokje! This is very romantic!

If they have to turn up for a royal duty, they can declare the costs to HM's office, they can also use her cars etc. if they need to.

Maurits and Marilene were a waiter and a waitress at Cafe Juliana (!) in Groningen during their student days.

I am not sure how Bernhard and Annette met but also during their student years (in Utrecht?)

Aimee and Floris also in one of these sororities, in Leiden, I believe Aimee once told the press that she/her friends always thought she would end up with some sort of latin Don Juan but it turned out somewhat differently. I believe Floris forgot to ask her phonenumber the first time and went through some troubles to get it.

What Aimme said to her friends was so funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom