Baptism of Benjamin van Vollenhoven: November 2, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everything well with Bernhard? His appearance could make one believe he is not well. I hope I am wrong.

Is everything well with Bernhard? His appearance could make one believe he is not well. I hope I am wrong.

He is doing ok at the moment,allthough he was diagnosed with Crohn´s disease not too long ago and even underwent surgery for it.
He did loose weight,yes,and he has a kind of rugged look with the facial hair.other then that,he´s OK.

Marengo,The Prince of Orange is in Macau,China.

such a happy family, it's great to see them together at these big family reunions. i love how they all generally attend and bring the kids along. ariane and magali are everyday cuter and the other children seem to be growing so fast!

not too sure about poor alexia and her green and fucsia dress. poor her... i wonder what maxima was thinking. on the contrary, amalia looks lovely. nice to see aimee out and about. it's a shame anita couldn't attend, but i guess she must be at the late stages of her pregnancy.

Indeed carlota, prince Pieter-Christiaan commented about his wiffe's absence to some journalists, she indeed preferred to rest at home in Noordwijk and is almost due.

-
About Alexia's dress: maybe she wanted to wear it herself and didn't stop nagging until she was allowed to... children that age can be very persistant ;).

About Alexia's dress: maybe she wanted to wear it herself and didn't stop nagging until she was allowed to... children that age can be very persistant ;).

:ROFLMAO: maybe this is her own style...... But she's still the cutest of all the kids :wub:

What I love about the photo's is how close the family members seem to be. I saw pictures inside the church where Alexia is standing with Princess Annette and where Countess Leonor is sitting on Prince Maurits knee. They seem like a really connected family

I have really enjoyed seeing the photos of this event. This family is very large, yet they seem to be very close. I love seeing photos of the children together. I would imagine that the young children love to spend time with their cousins. Does anyone know if the children of Laurentiene, Maxima, and everyone else are close? Do they spend time together?

I have really enjoyed seeing the photos of this event. This family is very large, yet they seem to be very close. I love seeing photos of the children together. I would imagine that the young children love to spend time with their cousins. Does anyone know if the children of Laurentiene, Maxima, and everyone else are close? Do they spend time together?

If you see all the pics & comments posted,what do you think?

They obviously are not exactly sticking to their own mommy and daddies,they all know eachother very well and don't have any problems to sit at uncle Maurits's lap to name one.It all are far from strangers to eachother.And as Laurentien and Constantijn live in Brussels,and Alex and Máxima in Wassenaar,they meet over weekends or holidays or any other occasion like in any other family.

And as Laurentien and Constantijn live in Brussels,and Alex and Máxima in Wassenaar,they meet over weekends or holidays or any other occasion like in any other family.

Is Brussels near to Wassenaar?? I mean is easy to go there?

Quite easy to go there, it's about 2 hours by car (unless you're stuck in traffic of course).

Well, that's not too much. I think they visit each other in holidays as Lucien wrote (and actually I thought Laurentien and Constantijn lived in one of the palaces) because they are too bussy those days.

I have some questions

- Why don't the members of the royal family live in palaces as the princes of orange and the queen?

-What do Laurentien and Constantijn do? (I mean, where do they work? I know that Mabel and Friso live in UK and work there, but I ignore what they do)

-What about the other members of the royal family (f.e. Floris, Aimee...)

Thanks!!

Well, that's not too much. I think they visit each other in holidays as Lucien wrote (and actually I thought Laurentien and Constantijn lived in one of the palaces) because they are too bussy those days.

I have some questions

- Why don't the members of the royal family live in palaces as the princes of orange and the queen?

-What do Laurentien and Constantijn do? (I mean, where do they work? I know that Mabel and Friso live in UK and work there, but I ignore what they do)

-What about the other members of the royal family (f.e. Floris, Aimee...)

Thanks!!
what a good question?

what a good question?

It's all on the Royal House website,except maybe for Floris and Aimée,he works for ABN-AMRO Bank,she had a job
with a posh car-dealer but I'm not sure she entirely took that up again after she had Magali.

The Dutch Royal House

The Dutch Royal House

The Dutch Royal House

Who,besides HM and Alexander & Máxima would even want to live in a Palace?It are enormous piles of bricks coming with
huge sums for maintainance and heating.It is only fairy-tale princes & princesses whom always live in Palaces,the real ones
know better then to face the enormous costs.The 3 Palaces at the disposal of HM are maintaned by the State,and all her
sons have an apartment at HM residence of Huis ten Bosch Palace at their disposal if they're around ( Friso and Constantijn that is).

But this is Benjamin's christening thread,not the Palaces and where lives whom.And i and others,already have explained this several times,pls. look it up in the respective threads or the Royal House website.
Thank you.

i do remember that the girls have worn such dresses before. it was not in public but pictures who where handed out for the birthday from amalia 2 years ago. here you can see a link with amalia wearing a dress like that

Het Koninklijk Huis

Indeed carlota, prince Pieter-Christiaan commented about his wiffe's absence to some journalists, she indeed preferred to rest at home in Noordwijk and is almost due.

-
About Alexia's dress: maybe she wanted to wear it herself and didn't stop nagging until she was allowed to... children that age can be very persistant .

I don't think this link was posted here before; lots of pictures of the baptism can be found at the website of Reni van Maren, look here.

When I saw lovely little Alexia wearing that dirndl, I could well remember how persistent and immaginative children can be! What a lovely close family they all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom