Baptism of Anastasia Margriet van Vollenhoven

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland

I came across this footage of family and guests arriving at the Church of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary/Obrechtkerk in Amsterdam for the baptism of Anastasia Margriet van Vollenhoven in 2001.It struck me also that Anastasia was baptized a Roman Catholic which is the faith of her mother Princess Marilène whilst her father Prince Maurits. Anastasia 's brother Lucas I think was baptised a Protestant.

I came across this footage of family and guests arriving at the Church of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary/Obrechtkerk in Amsterdam for the baptism of Anastasia Margriet van Vollenhoven in 2001.It struck me also that Anastasia was baptized a Roman Catholic which is the faith of her mother Princess Marilène whilst her father Prince Maurits. Anastasia 's brother Lucas I think was baptised a Protestant.

The Orange-Nassaus are pretty flexible on that: in their opinion both the protestant as well the roman-catholic denominations belong to the very same Christian Faith.

For an example: the daughters of the protestant Prince Friso and Princess Mabel were baptized at Huis ten Bosch Palace by Huub Oosterhuis, a former Priest dismissed from the Jesuit order in 1969. He left the Catholic Church and functioned as "an independent catholic priest", in charge of the Amsterdam Students' Ecclesia, for about forty years.

Back at the time Prince Friso and Princess Mabel declared that the two countesses were baptized in Christian Faith indeed but expressed their hope that the daughters would, later in life, make an own independent choice for a denomination (or not).

Last edited:
Anastasia's godparents were Prince Bernhard of Orange-Nassau van Vollenhoven and Mrs. Caroline van Weede-van den Broek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom