A Girl for Floris and Aimee - Magali Margriet Eleonoor: October 9, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly an original name but a very nice one. Is it used much in the Netherlands?

Congratulations on the birth:wub:

Congratulations to Aimée and Floris! :flowers: What a gorgeous name, very original :wub:

congratulations to the young parents.
I'm not so shure I like the name, I will have to get used to it.

my congrats!

i am unsure about the name they chose. magriet and eleonoor are obviously adorable, but i'm not too sure about the election of magali, it doesn't sound royal to me at all...

it's funny though how every first child in the dutch family is a girl... :) again, we are keeping up to tradition!

Pearlarific...

A new exclusive 'pearl edition' van Vollenhoven bub :wub: :flowers: to the family. Congrats Floris and Aimee. Will there be any be any PR pictures? As with the other van Vollenhoven kids...Just wondering would the new 'pearl' have her own wikipedia page? :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Great News. Congratulations! :flowers:
I'm sure Magali is a very beautiful baby and I'm looking forward to see first pictures of her.

I'm not sure about the name.. it sounds original but personally I would not chose it ...

:dutchflag:

Well, Magali van Vollenhoven is just a plain miss, no title at all and not in the line of succession either so no ´royal´ name is needed (and how royal is Ariane for a Princess?). I know two Magali´s but it isn´t a very common name here either.
Eleonoor is the name of Aimee´s mother, right?

Double royal meaning...

I kind of like the name Magali, [homage?] to her royal ancestry [symbolism] and her aunt, similar to that of Zara [meaning - Princess in Hebrew?] Phillips?

Last edited:
Congratulations to the parents and the whole Family! :dutchflag:

I don't know Marengo, maybe the name is a Royal miss (I honestly can't imagine a Queen Magali, although that's something that could hardly happen), but I absolutely adore the name.:wub:

Magali van Vollenhoven sounds great to me. Hope to see the newest addition to the van Vollenhoven family soon enough. :queen2:

Congratulations!!! Another girl in that family :) I don't like the name Magali very much but the meaning sure is beautiful

Congratulations to Floris & Aimee!:fireworks: It will take time to get used to the name, but if the parents like it, that is all that counts. Yet another little doll to follow as she grows up.

:dutchflag:

Congrats to the family! A very interesting and unique name choice. :)

Eleonoor is the name of Aimee´s mother, right?

Yes, it is. It seems like they named her after all the women in the family, since Magali is Aimée's only sister or am I mistaken?

I quite like the name. First I though: 'Huh? :blink:' but now I've thought a bit about it, it really has a nice ring to it.

Hopefully we get to see some pictures of the new royal sweetie. :in_love:

Interesting name. Congrats to the couple. How is it pronounced?

Congratulations!!!! :flowers:

Is Magali a common name in The Netherlands?? I was so surprised with the name. This (a famous brazilian cartoon) is the only Magali I ever knew. :cool:

Very strange that they choose a name that originates with Margaret in French and then they add Margriet (Dutch for Margaret). But there you go. They did choose a very dutch spelling for Eleonoor.

Weird name but its always nice to choose something different. Congrat's to the couple.

Congrats! Another firstborn girl in the family. I've never heard the name before but I think its quite pretty!

Well Regina, Magali is used here indeed I know 2 Magali´s, one from Flanders and one from The Netherlands. Not a very common name but still not as exotic as Zaria or Luana. Used IMHO to give the child a name that is a bit ´different´ and thus trendy but she can still attend the local hockey club and later the female student society (/´corps´) of Leiden University without needing to feel emberrased about her name (though I might be too much of a cynic here).

Some sources say that Magali comes from Magdelena btw, and not from Margaret. As the little girl seems to be named it isn´t that odd anyway to use both Magali as Margriet.

Why is Magali a "weird name" ?

It's definately not a name you hear everyday, but that's only a good thing. I like the name very much, and love the fact that they chose a name that THEY loved.

I hope we don't have to wait long for pictures!

How do you pronounce it? I think itis a beautiful name, IMO

and how royal is Ariane for a Princess?).

"Ariane" is the french version of the greek "Ariadne". Ariadne was a greek princess...so I guess it can be considered royal ;)

anyways, congratulations to the couple!!! :flowers:

Congrats to the first time parents. Strange and suprising name. I wish them all the joy they will get with their little daughter. I hope we´ll soon see some pix of her.

Well the name is different! And yes the names Magali and Margaret sound different enough when they are said together. But at babynames.com it specifically says that Magali is a version of Margaret making this little girl's full name a bit of an odd choice. All in all, I kind of like the name choice. I know it is a French name but for some reason it does not seem French to me. But to the more important part, congrats to the happy family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom