On This Day: Portuguese Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
February 14, 1847 ~ Birth of Maria Pia of Savoy, Queen Consort of King Luis I of Portugal, at the Royal Palace in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

February 14, 1847 ~ Birth of Maria Pia of Savoy, Queen Consort of King Luis I of Portugal, at the Royal Palace in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

Maria Pia of Savoy was well connected by her mother and siblings

Father Victor Emmanuel II of Italy
Mother : Archduchess Adelaide of Austria

Siblings
Umberto I of Italy
Amadeo I of Spain
Princess Maria Clotilde of Savoy (Princess Napoléon)

February 24, 1777 ~ Birth of King Joseph I of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

February 27, 1666 ~ Demise of Luisa de Guzman, Queen of Portugal, wife of King John IV of Portugal, in Lisbon

March 3, 1415 ~ Birth of King John II of Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal

March 3, 1415 ~ Birth of King John II of Portugal in Lisbon, Portugal

João II was born at the Castle of São Jorge and was the son of Afonso V of Portugal and Isabella of Coimbra and was born in 1455 :previous:

JoaoII-P.jpg

March 10, 1826 ~ Demise of King John VI of Portugal in Lisbon

March 19, 1604 ~ Birth of King John IV of Portugal at the Ducal Palace of Vila Vicosa, in Vila Vicosa, Portugal

March 20, 1816 ~ Demise of Queen Maria I of Portugal in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

March 28, 1835 ~ Demise of Auguste de Beauharnais, 2nd Duke of Leuchtenberg, spouse of Queen Maria II of Portugal, at the Palace of Necessidades in Lisbon

March 31, 1359 ~ Birth of Philippa of Lancaster, Queen Consort of King John I of Portugal, at Leicester Castle in Leicestershire, England

April 3, 1831 ~ Birth of Adelaide of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenburg, wife of King Miguel I of Portugal, in Kleinheubach, Kingdom of Bavaria

April 4, 1819 ~ Birth of Queen Maria II of Portugal in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

April 25, 1775 ~ Birth of Carlota Joaquina of Spain, Queen Consort of King John VI of Portugal, at the Royal Palace of Aranjuez in Spain

Last edited by a moderator:
April 26, 1648 ~ Birth of King Pedro II of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

May 13, 1767 ~ Birth of King John VI of Portugal at the Queluz Palace in Lisbon

May 25, 1786 ~ Demise of King Pedro III of Portugal, husband of Queen Maria I of Portugal

June 6, 1714 ~ Birth of King Joseph I of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

June 21, 1646 ~ Birth of Marie Francoise of Savoy, Queen of Portugal, spouse of King Afonso VI of Portugal and spouse of King Pedro II of Portugal, in Paris, France

July 2, 1932 ~ Demise of King Manuel II of Portugal in exile as Fulwell Lodge in London, England

July 5, 1717 - Birth of King Pedro III of Portugal at the Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

July 15, 1837 ~ Birth of Stephanie of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, Queen Consort of King Pedro V of Portugal, in Krauchenwies, Principality of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen

July 19, 1415 ~ Demise of Philippa of Lancaster, Queen of Portugal, wife of King John I of Portugal, in Sacavem, Portugal

July 19, 1415 ~ Demise of Philippa of Lancaster, Queen of Portugal, wife of King John I of Portugal, in Sacavem, Portugal

Its believed that queen Philippa died of the plague and had been a very influential and popular queen.
The remains of the queen were taken to the Monastery of Santa Maria da Vitória/Batalha Dominican Monastery in Batalha and buried.

608px-The_Effigies_of_King_John_the_First_and_Queen_Philippa_-_James_Newton_%28engraver%29%2C_after_James_Cavanagh_Murphy_%28cropped%29.png

July 31, 1750 ~ Demise of King John V of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

July 31, 1750 ~ Demise of King John V of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

Following the of the Portuguese Sun King his remains of João V were buried at the Pantheon of the House of Braganza in Lisbon.
His queen,Maria Anna of Austria died in 1754.

August 4, 1699 ~ Demise of Maria Sofia of Neuberg, Queen of Portugal, spouse of King Pedro II of Portugal, in Lisbon, Portugal

August 4, 1699 ~ Demise of Maria Sofia of Neuberg, Queen of Portugal, spouse of King Pedro II of Portugal, in Lisbon, Portugal

The queen who was almost 33 was buried at the São Vicente de Fora Monastery in Lisbon which houses the Pantheon of the House of Braganza.

24-_Rainha_D._Maria_Sofia.jpg

August 19, 1890 ~ Birth of Augusta Victoria of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, wife of King Manuel II of Portugal, in Potsdam, Kingdom of Prussia

August 21, 1643 ~ Birth of King Afonso VI of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

August 29, 1966 - Demise of Augusta Victoria of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, spouse of King Manuel II of Portugal, in Baden, Germany

September 7, 1683 ~ Birth of Maria Anna of Austria, Queen of Portugal, wife of King John V of Portugal, in Linz, Austria

September 12, 1683 ~ Demise of King Afonso VI of Portugal at Royal Palace of Sintra in Sintra, Portugal

September 15, 1837 ~ Birth of King Pedro V of Portugal at the Palace of Necessidades in Lisbon, Portugal

September 24, 1834 ~ Demise of King Pedro IV of Portugal/Emperor Pedro I of Brazil at Queluz Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

October 12, 1798 ~ Birth of King Pedro IV of Portugal/Emperor Pedro I of Brazil at Queluz Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

October 19, 1889 ~ Demise of King Luis of Portugal at the Citadel of Cascais in Cascais, Portugal

October 22, 1689 ~ Birth of King John V of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

October 29, 1816 ~ Birth of Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, King Consort of Portugal, spouse of Queen Maria II of Portugal, in Vienna, Austria

11th of November 1130 -Death of Teresa de Leão, Regent of Portugal.

Teresa de Leão was the illegitimate daughter of King Alfonso VI of Galicia, Leon and Castile by Ximena Moniz and the half sister of Urraca of Galicia, Leon and Castile.

By her marriage to Henry of Burgundy, Count of Portucale she had several children,the youngest of whom later became Afonso Henriques , King of Portugal.
Teresa died at Santa Maria de Montederramo and is buried at the Cathedral of Braga opposite her husband.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa,_Countess_of_Portugal

286px-Theresa_of_Portugal_%281080-1130%29_mini.jpg

December 15, 1885 ~ Demise of Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, King Consort of Portugal, spouse of Queen Maria II of Portugal, at Pena National Palace in Sintra, Portugal

December 27, 1683 - Demise of Maria Francisca of Savoy, Queen of Portugal, wife of King Afonso VI of Portugal and King Pedro II of Portugal, at the palace of the Count of Sarzedas in Palhava, Portugal

January 22, 1797 ~ Birth of Archduchess Maria Leopoldina of Austria, Queen of Portugal, wife of King Pedro IV of Portugal, at Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria

February 14, 1847 ~ Birth of Maria Pia of Savoy, Queen of Portugal, wife of King Luis I of Portugal, at the Royal Palace in Turin, Kingdom of Sardinia

February 24, 1777 ~ Birth of King Joseph I of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

February 27, 1666 ~ Demise of Luisa de Guzman, Queen of Portugal, wife of King John IV of Portugal, in Lisbon, Portugal

March 19, 1604 ~ Birth of King John IV of Portugal at the Ducal Palace of Vila Vicosa, in Vila Vicosa, Portugal

March 31, 1359 ~ Birth of Philippa of Lancaster, Queen Consort of King John I of Portugal, at Leicester Castle in Leicestershire, England

April 25, 1775 ~ Birth of Carlota Joaquina of Spain, Queen Consort of King John VI of Portugal, at the Royal Palace of Aranjuez in Spain

June 6, 1714 ~ Birth of King Joseph I of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

July 2, 1932 ~ Demise of King Manuel II of Portugal in London, England

July 5, 1717 ~ Birth of King Pedro III of Portugal at the Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

December 9, 1706 ~ Demise of King Pedro II of Portugal at the Palhava Palace in Alcantata, Portugal

:xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell::xmasbell:

December 11, 1826 ~ Demise of Maria Leopoldina of Austria, Queen Consort of King Pedro IV of Portugal in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

December 16, 1909 ~ Demise of Adelaide of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, wife of King Miguel of Portugal in Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom

December 17, 1734 ~ Birth of Maria I, Queen of Portugal at Ribeira Palace in Lisbon, Portugal

:poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia::poinsettia:

March 19, 1604 ~ Birth of King John IV of Portugal at the Ducal Palace of Vila Vicosa in Vila Vicosa, Portugal

April 3, 1831 ~ Birth of Adelaide of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, wife of King Miguel of Portugal, in Kleinheubach, Kingdom of Bavaria

Back
Top Bottom