Monarchy of Portugal 1: 2004 - February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsa M. said:
Next February 1st, a plate remembering the regicide of King D. Carlos and Prince D. Luís Filipe will be inaugurated at the Praça do Comércio (Lisboa), around 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon. Later, at 7:00 p.m., a mass will be celebrated in São Vicente de Fora with the attendence of the Duke and Duchess of Bragança. Finally, the retenue will go to the National Pantheon, where D. Duarte and D.ª Isabel will deposit a crown of flowers near the tombs.
Here's a video from this memorial:

http://xl.sapo.pt/?play=/MTEzODgzMTQ0MC43NTkyOQ==/MjAwNjAyMDFfcmVp/N2Q5ZGNjYTljNjI5ODY2NzViYTk5NjdkNjQ5YTQ2YTc=

(If the link doesn't work, try this one and select the one entitled "Viva o rei")

Last edited:
http://www.publico.clix.pt/shownews.asp?id=1246571&idCanal=12

About two hundred monarchists had attended the ceremony that counted on the presence of the mayor of Lisbon, Carmona Rodrigues, of the Duke of Bragança, Duarte Pio, and of the president of the Royal Association of Lisbon, Ricardo D'Abranches.
"The people of Lisbon were reconciled today with their memory, by remembering two patriots, who died at this place, 98 years ago", said D. Duarte, adding that the homage "was fair and symbolic".
Carmona Rodrigues, on the other hand, commented that "the fair homage was finally made" and this is "a moment of great importance for the history of Lisbon and Portugal".

Attachments

• getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
that is all tru but i was just saying that, in my opinion, he could better explain his view of democracy, and the monarchy, which basicly is a constatutional monarchy. i think that in his interviews he should make it clearer the fact that it is not absalute, but that the people are repersented, and can pick andvote for those they want to repersent them. but gettin away from getting to political here, it is true what you said about the prosperity in Sweden and finland, and i feel that he does use that idea a bit losely, and not use more the arrgument that he has used in the past but not as much of the problems between PM and President. But right now the portuguese have to start helping them selves, and do like he said, and think more logicly, i dont live in portugal, yet, but watch the news on rtpi and sic almost everyday and i can see were he means about not thinking logicly. i saw the report on sic noticias, and both D.Duarte, and Carmona Rodrigues soke very well, only one thing iv notice you dont hear D. Isabel speak much, well at lest i haven't.

Danny SR said:
only one thing iv notice you dont hear D. Isabel speak much, well at lest i haven't.
I guess, as consort, she's not supposed to talk very much, when she's along with her husband. But actually, she has given many interviews. In fact she's the great responsible for opening the royal family to the media, by means of photo shoots, interviews, etc. (just see the previous pages of this thread), which we were not able to see before the marriage at all. Because of that, the more traditional sectors of monarchists don't see the Duchess with very good eyes... they don't approve very much the idea of having the royal family on the covers of magazines and tabloids like "Tal&Qual", "24Horas" or "O Diabo"...

I can clearly see where the Duke gets his strong family valuse. The Duke's father seemed to have been a very devoted father, and his mother also, I think you can see alot of that in D. Duarte. I also have a question i have been looking around but havent found anything, would anyone possibly have any official photo's of the Duke's parents in full gala clothing, and also any pictures of the funerals of the Duke's parents. thank you in advanced.

http://www.cm-lisboa.pt/?id_item=11115&id_categoria=11

Parallel to the memorial of last February 1st, the Town Hall of Lisbon promoted a series of conferences on the regicide of 1908, at the Palace Beau Séjour, where there is taking place, until February 15th, a Bibliographical Exhibition about the regicide.
Besides, the Library-Museum of the Republic and Resistance is promoting guided visits to the places where the event took place.

Here is a few more photos from the memorial to the regicide of King D. Carlos and Prince D. Luís Filipe. Photos from Câmara Municipal de Lisboa:

Attachments

• 001placa_regicidio.jpg
    001placa_regicidio.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 002placa_regicidio.jpg
    002placa_regicidio.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 003placa_regicidio.jpg
    003placa_regicidio.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 007placa_regicidio.jpg
    007placa_regicidio.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 349
  • 004placa_regicidio.jpg
    004placa_regicidio.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 005placa_regicidio.jpg
    005placa_regicidio.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 006placa_regicidio.jpg
    006placa_regicidio.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 313
  • 008placa_regicidio.jpg
    008placa_regicidio.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 342
http://sic.sapo.pt/online/noticias/vida/20060219+O+%C3%BAltimo+adeus+a+Lucia.htm

Thousands of white handkerchiefs, accompanied by strong applauses and tears of the pilgrims had marked this Sunday afternoon, when the cofin of Sister Lúcia was translated to the Basilica of the Shrine of Fátima. After the mass celebrated during the afternoon, the coffin was carried to the interior of the Basilica; a moment followed by a restricted group of people: 18 bishops, religious sisters of the Carmelo of Coimbra, and a few civil personalities, including D. Duarte Pio.

Elsa M. said:
I guess, as consort, she's not supposed to talk very much, when she's along with her husband. But actually, she has given many interviews. In fact she's the great responsible for opening the royal family to the media, by means of photo shoots, interviews, etc. (just see the previous pages of this thread), which we were not able to see before the marriage at all. Because of that, the more traditional sectors of monarchists don't see the Duchess with very good eyes... they don't approve very much the idea of having the royal family on the covers of magazines and tabloids like "Tal&Qual", "24Horas" or "O Diabo"...

She seems to be the 'brains'of the family, as one portuguese friend of mine told me :) What carreer did she have prior to her marriage?

Marengo said:
She seems to be the 'brains'of the family, as one portuguese friend of mine told me :) What carreer did she have prior to her marriage?
I would say she's a mixture of the traditional and modern models of Princesses. At one hand, she belongs to one of the most traditional and aristocratic families of the country and, at the other hand, she's an intelligent, independent and carrear made woman... From that point of view, I somehow compare the Duchess of Bragança to her cousin, Princess Mathilde of Belgium.

D.ª Isabel took her graduation in Business Administration and worked in a financial company. See more in my previous post.

Last edited:
rchainho said:
Translation:

The Albatroz Hotel in Cascais was stage for an exquisite tea that congregated dozens of ladies, who are committed to the work developed by the Aid Association to the New-borns. The Duchess of Bragança is already a habitual presence in this kind of events, since she is one of the faces of this particular institution of solidarity and inclusively the president of its General Assembly: "This tea intends to divulge the work of the volunteers, which is extraordinary. My voluntary work here is made in another way, since I don’t have physical time for such, but I collaborate with some associations like this and I always give them the visibility that I can ", said D.ª Isabel.

12/00/2002. The royal family of Portugal in their new mansion in Ferragudo, Algarve. This is what the photos say in gamma press.

I didn't know that they had a house in Algarve.:confused:

yes they have last summer they spend their holidays with prince phillipe and princess mathilde of belgium there, and how i live near there I already saw them sometimes

Part 1 of this thread has reached 10 pages.

Part 2 of The Monarchy of Portugal can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom