The Princess of Wales Jewels 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little sad not to see something new but I can’t wait for good photos of that dress- it looks great in the car photos

I’d love to see something new too.

But she does look stunning it. She wears it so well. And I think it suits the dress nicely.

She does wear the heck out of capes, doesn't she. (Sorry. I thought this was the other thread.)

Last edited:
It looks like the princess of Wales found new favorite earrings as I seem to recall that she also wore these (the ones at the state banquet) at the Cenotaph for Memorial Sunday.

I think the earrings are much better suited to this latest appearance, along with the lover’s knot tiara . Several of us here commented that they seemed a little too dressy for the remembrance service. They must be very heavy as I still think they’re not ideal for her ear lobes. I am assuming they are pierced .

I do like Queen Mary's lover's knot tiara and I like it more than the lotus flower tiara, but I am getting a bit tired of Catherine wearing this one tiara every time.
I was really hoping for the reappearance of the lotus.

I get that maybe Catherine wants to not look to extravagant wearing different tiaras each time but we know she has access to three which are effectively "assigned" to her now - the Lover's Knot, the lotus flower tiara and the Cartier wedding tiara. Even mixing up between these would do her well. Personally I do hope she wears the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara but who knows.

:previous: Our late Queen was never in the habit of permanently loaning multiple jewels to family members. Diana only had the Lovers Knot and the loaned Spenser family tiara. I believe it was possible that Catherine got to choose between the original wedding tiara and the Lotus Halo.

The same holds true for Camilla as the Princess of Wales with the Greville Honeycomb or the Delhi Durbar and she, like Diana, had her own family tiara. That seems to answer the question of how much each daughter-in-law and granddaughter-in-law.

I remember that the Cartier halo tiara, Kate's wedding tiara, was loaned to a Cartier exhibition abroad at the time of her first State Visit attendance. The halo tiara was simply not available for her to wear at that time, so she wore the lotus flower tiara instead. And we don't know if she had access to all three tiaras at the same time, or if she only has Queen Mary's lover's knot tiara now, and the other two are back in the Buckingham Palace vault.

Time will show if the tiara distribution policy of King Charles will differ from that of his mother. The BRF certainly has enough jewels to deck out all the working royal ladies. But will they want to flounce it more?

Time will show if the tiara distribution policy of King Charles will differ from that of his mother. The BRF certainly has enough jewels to deck out all the working royal ladies. But will they want to flounce it more?

There would be enough tiaras for all members of the extended Family (titled or not) for an Event like the coronation. But pretty unlikely.

Indeed. My sense is that the Princess of Wales will get an upgrade to the jewels she has access to. Selectively, loans will continue to be made to Sophie and Anne, as required.

I love the pearl tiara. Could they change the name to the Princess of Wales Lovers knot?

I love the pearl tiara. Could they change the name to the Princess of Wales Lovers knot?

Its referred to as Queen Mary's Lovers Knot tiara as it was Queen Mary who had the tiara commissiobed. There is no official name. If we want, we can always call it Kate's House Cleaning Tiara. ?

Its referred to as Queen Mary's Lovers Knot tiara as it was Queen Mary who had the tiara commissiobed. There is no official name. If we want, we can always call it Kate's House Cleaning Tiara. [emoji2]
Very few of the names we as royal watchers use for tiaras are official. In for instance the Swedish collection the Nine prong is actually called Queen Sofia's tiara, the Connaught is called Princess Sibylla's tiara (and mummy's tiara by her children)...

Its referred to as Queen Mary's Lovers Knot tiara as it was Queen Mary who had the tiara commissiobed. There is no official name. If we want, we can always call it Kate's House Cleaning Tiara. ?

Oh that makes sense. I like your idea of a name too.?:lol:

The Princess of Wales debuted the choker tonight at the Earthshot Prize ceremony in Boston. It's been 25 years since it was last used by Diana, Princess of Wales.

Photo

Is this the first time she wear choker or has she done it before?

It's been a long time since we've seen this Art Deco piece worn in public and I am glad that the New Princess of Wales can now wear it.

The Princess of Wales debuted the choker tonight at the Earthshot Prize ceremony in Boston. It's been 25 years since it was last used by Diana, Princess of Wales.

Photo

The last time this choker was ever worn was when Diana wore it?

The choker is stunning.

The last time this choker was ever worn was when Diana wore it?

The choker is stunning.

Yes, it hasn’t been worn since then, though I think it has been on display before. I was so excited to see this.

It's not part of the Cambridge emeralds set, though, is it? The set that almost triggered a scandal with Francis of Teck and his mistress, and led to royal wills being sealed?

What a beautiful piece this choker is, and the emeralds unbelievable !

This looks fabulous on Catherine, it's such a wonderful surprise.

Do we know anything about the earrings? One source on Twitter said they were from Asprey's. They're gorgeous, too.

Do we know anything about the earrings? One source on Twitter said they were from Asprey's. They're gorgeous, too.

Asprey do have a similar pair (only the top cluster) and Catherine has worn Asprey jewels before, so it's a valid guess and most probably true.

At last, at last, at last we are seeing some of Princess Diana's important jewellery. We still have not seen the Saudi sapphires and I cannot remember seeing the aquamarine drop earrings. There may be rubies and more sapphires (worn by Princess Diana on an official visit to Germany) that we are still to see. Wow.
Princess Catherine is beautiful and has a gorgeous smile and she makes the jewels look good.

Back
Top Bottom