The Princess of Wales Jewels 1: September 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tilia C.

Former Moderator
City
O
Country
Germany

Welcome to the
The Princess of Wales Jewels thread part 1

commencing September 8, 2022

The Duchess of Cambridge Jewellery part 3 can be found here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.​

Last edited:
Posts about Kate’s new titles have been moved here.

Last night when enroute to BP to wait for the coffin of HM, the Princess of Wales wore a necklace of three strings of pearls, and the familiar pearl and diamond earrings previously used by HM for the Silver Jubilee celebrations.

Might the necklace have previously been used by HM?

Thank you for pointing out the pearl bracelet. Her jewelry was exquisite, both last night with the pearls and today. I love that she wore a really big brooch, although it is not my favorite. Diana's earrings were always one of my favorites. Has she worn them before?
Has she worn the bracelet before? I do hope now that she is POW that she will continue to wear more and larger jewelry.

Catherine's jewels are just stunning and all work well together and I also noticed the pearl bracelet.

Was that bracelet Diana's too? I vaguely remember her having a three tiered pearl necklace and wondered if this bracelet went with that necklace.

Was that bracelet Diana's too? I vaguely remember her having a three tiered pearl necklace and wondered if this bracelet went with that necklace.

I think the pearl bracelet worn by Catherine is the one previously used by Diana. Catherine has worn this bracelet on a few occassions previously.

Catherine is wearing some of the jewels of the last Princess of Wales.

That image of continuity is very positive for the Monarchy.

True. It is. It’s a lovely necklace.

I wonder who inherited the Queen’s 3 strand that she always wore. I think it was from her father. Maybe Anne?

True. It is. It’s a lovely necklace.

I wonder who inherited the Queen’s 3 strand that she always wore. I think it was from her father. Maybe Anne?

Her everyday pearls (wich she herself comissioned from loose pearls she had inherited) most likely went to Anne…
She wore a 3-strand pearl necklace recently in Glasgow that looked very much like that one…

Catherine’s necklace looks very much like the longer 3-row pearls that The Queen sometimes wore to the festival of remembrence…

Other than "token" pieces, all of the royal jewels would have been inherited by The King as Sovereign-to Sovereign inheritance is not subject to death taxes. Of course, this family's "token" pieces will be exquisite...

Other than "token" pieces, all of the royal jewels would have been inherited by The King as Sovereign-to Sovereign inheritance is not subject to death taxes. Of course, this family's "token" pieces will be exquisite...

This is a bit tacky because the Queen isn't even buried yet; Queen Mary's jewellery went all over and I always presumed the same would happen to the Queen's enormous collection.

Catherine's necklace is said to have been a "gift" from the Queen, not a bequest or an inheritance.

This is a bit tacky because the Queen isn't even buried yet; Queen Mary's jewellery went all over and I always presumed the same would happen to the Queen's enormous collection.

I think that’s needlessly judgmental. For all we know, the Queen and Catherine discussed it personally. I doubt she’s wearing any of this without the blessings of at least the King and Queen Consort, but I suspect she actually had blessings to wear it directly from the Queen.

A cousin of my husband’s grandmother made a similarly unkind remark to his mother when I chose to wear her engagement ring on my right hand and her diamond earrings to her funeral. His grandmother had gifted them to me personally six months before she died and I wore them in her honor and with her love.

Before the provenance is lost in the mist of time, I would love it if Angela Kelly were to do a definitive book on the provenance of the Queens pieces, along with good photo's.

The Queen Mother had quite a few long strands pearls that we see her photographed wearing in the 1920s and 1930s. Perhaps this 3 strand pearl necklace was once hers.
The Queen Mary 3 strand pearl necklace went to Camilla and she has worn it often.

I am very excited to see what our new Princess of Wales will wear in the future.

Before the provenance is lost in the mist of time, I would love it if Angela Kelly were to do a definitive book on the provenance of the Queens pieces, along with good photo's.

The Queen Mother had quite a few long strands pearls that we see her photographed wearing in the 1920s and 1930s. Perhaps this 3 strand pearl necklace was once hers.
The Queen Mary 3 strand pearl necklace went to Camilla and she has worn it often.

I am very excited to see what our new Princess of Wales will wear in the future.

I hope so too. I also hope she stays and maybe trains the stylists for the Queen Consort and the Princess of Wales on the collection.

The Princess is wearing the Japanese pearl and diamond choker, previously worn to the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh. She is also wearing the Bahrain pearl earrings and a pearl bracelet.

Last edited:
It’s sweet that she wore the same necklace for both funerals.

Interesting that Catherine did not wear a brooch today.

Interesting that Catherine did not wear a brooch today.
If she was intent on wearing that necklace, a [substantial] brooch would have been too much IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom