Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You beat me, Countess Felicitas :flowers:! I also just found the video on the RJWMB. It's fantastic! Some breathtaking pictures of the jewel. In the video you can see it worn in a fascinator like way, not flat on the head as on the wedding day. It seems to be rather flexible and I hope to see it in a lot of different ways in the future. It's unconventional and gorgeous:).

Fio me this jewelled headpiece resembles cermy much the heapdiece CVamilla wore for her church blessing. At last in shape. I think Charöene should have it worn like this. Not on the side but more in the front. Another thing is that it would probably look better on a darkhaired woman.
According to the Inerview in Vogue about the Wedding preparations the floral piece swhe wore during the Ceremony is a loan from Princess CAroline who has inherited from her grandmother. Hopefully this doesn't mean that the rumours that she also inherited Charlotte's 2 tiaras are true.

I must say that I love flowers worn during the wedding. Suited her a lot. It was nice gesture from P Caroline to lent Grimaldi's family heirloom for this important day.
I also like piece worn at the evening. Unfortunately diamond are poorly visible in light hair.
"Ocean" tiara/necklace is stunning. I hope to see it soon on P Charlene, then I would tell how good is looking on her.

Is this the diamond floral piece that Charlene borrowed from Caroline?
People Quiz

I do wonder why Charlène decided to flip the tiara around and wear it 'upside down'... :ermm: I hope she will wear it the proper way later. I read from Vogue Wedding article that the Ocean Tiara is now on display at the Oceanographic museum since Charlène had decided to wear it on her first official engagement. I wonder what that occasion will be... :)

It looks to me like these two, the Diamond Foam and the Ocean are the only two tiaras she has. Are all others either in possession of other royal ladies, sold or were they only on loan? She really needs more tiaras. IMO she needs another more substantial diamond tiara and my personal favourite, a ruby diamond tiara. Now that I'm thinking about it, something with pearl drops would go beautifully with the lovely necklace she wore at the Jarre concert... :D

Last edited:
Screen Caps of Charlene with the Diamond Foam tiara from the Countess Felicitas' You tube video

Picture24.png

Last edited:
I'm not a person who likes jewellery that much and no one will find me wearing them often..but Charlene does have one great collection:blush:

Wow - you need to let me know, how this is done. :lol:
Now it really looks like a substantial piece of jewelry. I am wondering too, why she has hidden it in her hair during the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

She should have worn it like this in my opinion....it didn't stand out enough when worn backwards.....

I've never seen a tiara like that. It's very original and pretty. It looks so wispy, like a spray of water which I guess is appropriate for a principality that's located right on the water's edge. :)

thank you for the close up. We can see the way the diamonds were all set differently on each spoke.

It is lovely, but on her color hair, it disappears. Too bad. It is beautiful.

I realise now that it didn't stand out at the wedding ball because it's supposed to be worn right to left like in the posts of her trying it on not left to right like she did at the wedding ball. I like it much better now that I can see it properly. Most of the diamonds were hidden the way she wore it at the wedding reception but it is much more tiara-esque when seen properly. I thought I hated it, now I love it.

Last edited:
I wonder why she chose to change the direction and wear it on the left side?? I agree, it looks SO much better going right to left. Maybe she likes the "understated" look, but what is the point of wearing it if it is not seen, or seen very well??

I read somewhere ( here on the Forum?) that Charlene plans to wear the Ocean tiara at her first official event, but I understand it is on display until November, and there are a couple of weddings coming up before then - tho maybe they are not going to the German wedding in August. It may be hats to the ceremony, but there is always a gala or something with tiaras.

I think the tiara was designed to be worn in two was, standing out like a fascinator or close to the head as she wore it at the wedding. It fitted so perfectly around her head, that I'm sure this was intentional desing. And it's quite clever as it makes it a versatile jewellery. The only question which remains is why she chose the understated look for her big day? One can only speculate.

I hope that there will be a dinner reception with tiaras after the Prussia-Isenburg wedding in August, but I'm not sure. Also it won't be a high profile event with much publicity. So I believe that Charlène might debut the océan tiara at the next national day in Monaca. IIRC Princess Grace always wore tiaras at that occasion, and I hope that Charlène will take up that custom.

I think the tiara was designed to be worn in two was, standing out like a fascinator or close to the head as she wore it at the wedding. It fitted so perfectly around her head, that I'm sure this was intentional desing. And it's quite clever as it makes it a versatile jewellery. The only question which remains is why she chose the understated look for her big day? One can only speculate.

I hope that there will be a dinner reception with tiaras after the Prussia-Isenburg wedding in August, but I'm not sure. Also it won't be a high profile event with much publicity. So I believe that Charlène might debut the océan tiara at the next national day in Monaca. IIRC Princess Grace always wore tiaras at that occasion, and I hope that Charlène will take up that custom.

I too hope that Charlene will start to wear tiaras at the annual National Day Gala. But Princess Caroline never wore one. Until a few years ago she always wore the sash of her monegasque Order but even this has stopped some years ago (i believe the yaear after Prince Albert's inthronisation).

I too hope that Charlene will start to wear tiaras at the annual National Day Gala. But Princess Caroline never wore one. Until a few years ago she always wore the sash of her monegasque Order but even this has stopped some years ago (i believe the yaear after Prince Albert's inthronisation).
That is why I wouldn't be surprised if Charlène won't wear tiaras for those galas. But if that is what they are planning, why did Albert give his bride not one, but two tiaras? I just hope that these general jewellery gifts are a sign that she'll not just wear a tiara at the rare occasion abroard.
My preferred version of course would be if Caroline too will wear tiaras at the national day gale, but there's not much hope, I guess.

Oh, please, please, please God make PC renew PG's tradition of wearing a tiara to the major events in Monaco along with the Order of St. Charles (which I presume Albert will bestow on her). I would love to see this and I feel a bit reassured that it will happen by the fact that PA has given her such lovely new headgear, so to speak.

I have a feeling that she will not be receiving the St Charles for a while...maybe not until after the birth of their first child.

We'll see.

That is why I wouldn't be surprised if Charlène won't wear tiaras for those galas. But if that is what they are planning, why did Albert give his bride not one, but two tiaras? I just hope that these general jewellery gifts are a sign that she'll not just wear a tiara at the rare occasion abroard.
My preferred version of course would be if Caroline too will wear tiaras at the national day gale, but there's not much hope, I guess.[/QUOTE

I agree - there are 2new tiaras - so they must plan to use it regularely.....cross fingers ;)

Perhaps the Grimaldi's hardly ever wear tiaras because they don't feel royal enough? I mean, they are not royal afterall, they are just princely.

Perhaps the Grimaldi's hardly ever wear tiaras because they don't feel royal enough? I mean, they are not royal afterall, they are just princely.

I understand your logic but may I point out that most German Families as well as the Liechtensteins are "princely families" yet the Germans, moreso, wear their tiaras to weddings if that is the dress code. The Liechtensteins are very low keyed, but when they attend a function that mandates tiaras, their representative wears one.

Who knows???

Maybe like QSofia's hat aversion, they don't like wearing heavy tiaras. I know, why someone does't do tiaras is beyond me, too, but stil...

I personally wish she had worn a regular tiara for the wedding ceremony.

Has somebody good pictures of the jewelry Pr. Charlene has worn for the Durban wedding reception?

Apparently it's a series of brooches that belong to Princess Caroline.
Thanks for the reply dbarn67. It was clever the way they combined the brooches into a hairpiece for Charlene to hold her veil in place. Nicely done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom