Princess Charlene Jewels 1: 2010 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ruby parure does not appear to be CW's style as it is not as modern as some things she appears to prefer. But let us wait and see.
Grace had a very romantic style and CW is bit more "rugged"
Cw does not appear to wear a lot of jewellery-which may mean that she is not fascinated by it.Again we will wait and see.

And I do not know, what will happen to the jewels, Princess Chalotte has given to Caroline. Will they remain at Caroline, even if Charlene will be princess?

BYe Bine
Well , if those jewels were indeed left to Caroline by her grandmother as part of her inheritence then I see no reason why she should give them to Charlene. Charlene will become a Princess when she marries Caroline's brother but Caroline will be a Princess just as well.

Anyway , I ve often wondered who come these jewels ended up with Caroline and not with Albert and then I just thought that well, if Charlotte minded enough not to let these jewels leave the family then she would have give then to Albert not Caroline and if Rainier minded too then he would have tried his best to convice his mother not ot do it (all these if it's true that Caroline owns her grandmother's jewels because I ve read here that there is no solid evidence she did - If I remember correctly what I read anyway :ermm:)

The said jewellery was left for the personal use of Caroline because Rainiers mother didn't want Grace to use them. That isn't to say that they are, infact, Caroline's to do with as she wishes because I've never read anything to suggest they are?

Now Charlene has arrived, they should, I'm sure, be used by the Princess of Monaco and over time I'm sure we'll see them worn by her.

If anyone can confirm that they are infact the personal property of Caroline, then please correct me.

Last edited:
Firstly to answer post no 66 the earrings are declasse for the circus and the attire that CW is wearing.Cw still has a long way to go before she is truly understanding the decorum of each occasion and those earrings are those of a torch singer in VEGAS>>>>>>>danglers for the circus?
Not something Brooke Astor would do.
Madame Royale I do think that U have answered your own question about the Princess of Monaco having the jewels of Charlotte. Grace was the Princess and did not wear them and I assure you that CW will not as they are the possessions of Caroline and we are more likely to see Charlotte her daughter wearing them than CW.We will not see these worn by Charlene at all.I read that Princess Charlotte intended these for the direct descendants etc...Caro does as she wishes with these babies especially the tutti frutti necklace which if she tires of she can drop at my door anytime. I never saw Grace wearing that set.These are positively Caro's and I like that she has them and has payed such great tribute to them
Surely Charlene's tastes are very different than many of the art deco and art nouveau themes running through P Charlotte's jewellery.Also these pieces hardly suit Charlene as they are from the silent pic era. I think with her own personal initiative she will amass a collection that suits her and I also think that is a better tribute to her than to hand down these heirlooms which have been previewed and previewed. I think CW will get some of Grace's pieces-maybe the ruby parure which I have never seen Caro wear.Probably the diamond Cartier necklace and the pearl set from Cartier also.There was also a cairngorm brooch with matching earrings that Grace always wore. Everyone is excited about a tiara- well design and buy another as Albert has the money and Cw can develop her taste further that way. Will the wedding be white tie so they wear full regalia of jewellery?

Last edited by a moderator:
The said jewellery was left for the personal use of Caroline because Rainiers mother didn't want Grace to use them. That isn't to say that they are, infact, Caroline's to do with as she wishes because I've never read anything to suggest they are?
I don't think that any outsider has solid evidence about the ownership of the jewels (btw, how many times the public has been presented with "solid evidence" that this or that royal owns all of her jewellery?) , but IMO the reason why many people doubt that Caroline owns is that they find it illogical that Princess Charlotte would will all her jewellery to her eldest granddaughter ignoring her grandson would be the next sovereign Prince of Monaco. However I personally think that the Princely Family of Monaco is not traditional in many ways, so anything is possible, including forgetting the Hereditary Prince in your will :D! Besides, even if Charlene starts using Princess Charlotte's jewels in the future I doubt we will have any solid evidence that they belonged to Albert all along , because he might as well have bought them from his sister , the previous owner. I hope that at some point , a magazine will publish inside informations for these pieces , to clear things up

Last edited:
Is it me or has Charlene Wittstock's engagement ring gotten smaller? The diamonds looks much smaller in recent photos than they did in the official engagement photos. Did they do a ring swap?

Wow, Catharina, she´s looking great.
The good news is, all open questions regarding Caroline being the only one wearing impressive MONACO hertitage jewels, will be answered soon... just by looking at the future Princess Charlene attending major events. And yes, I hope that she will "continue" the tradition of Prss Grace attending at the "big events" like Red Cross Ball or the Rose Ball with tiara.
BYe Bine

Can someone tell me the significance of a tiara, please?

I don't wear jewellery nor own any......

......I read that Princess Charlotte intended these for the direct descendants etc...Caro does as she wishes with these babies especially the tutti frutti necklace which if she tires of she can drop at my door anytime.

I am sure that I have read that the Tutti Frutti necklace was only a loan.
I was looking for pictures and find only this one:
Caroline von Monaco | Schmuck der Grimaldi Familie - Tutti-Frutti Collier

It definitely looks like the famous Daisy Fellows necklace - and the German text states that it must have been borrowed from the current owner.

Last edited:
Having never had a tiara, I've taken a shine to the TuttiFrutti necklace - very Monaco...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

auuuuggggghhhh pls help this women those earring would be great to wear if you're lost at sea and needed rescue
she needed button or ball shape earrings with that hair style
can she hire a stylist? please i cant dress but i even know that u cant wear earring that belong at mardi gras with a classic hairstyle..shes playing dress up and its awlllllfulllllll..imo

As we are in the Jewels forum, irrelevant fashion commentary and style advice have been removed.

Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

This is supposed to be the new tiara which Charlene is going to wear tomorrow.
http://www.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=3561431&i=0
I don't yet know what to think about it. It looks very modern and asymmetrical. But with the right hairstyle it might look very nice. Anyway, the diomonds at the ends seem to be of a serious size. Maybe they are supposed to symbolized water drops spraying around?

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

auuuuggggghhhh pls help this women those earring would be great to wear if you're lost at sea and needed rescue
she needed button or ball shape earrings with that hair style
can she hire a stylist? please i cant dress but i even know that u cant wear earring that belong at mardi gras with a classic hairstyle..shes playing dress up and its awlllllfulllllll..imo

Well, dress up is fine when attending the circus, isn't it??? That's where Charlene was when this photo was taken.

If that is the tiara, I love it. The design, to me, depicts the crest of the ocean waves. Very clever and very fashion forward.

Last edited:
This is supposed to be the new tiara which Charlene is going to wear tomorrow.
http://www.olycom.it/news_zoomair.do?c=3561431&i=0
I don't yet know what to think about it. It looks very modern and asymmetrical. But with the right hairstyle it might look very nice. Anyway, the diomonds at the ends seem to be of a serious size. Maybe they are supposed to symbolized water drops spraying around?

Where do you have the information from Tilia? As always - right on top of things :flowers:
Don't know either - thought more about a classical tiara.

Last edited:
I've read in another thread that this looks like a fascinator made of platinum(?) and diamonds - and yes, I think this is somehow right. It reminds me on the feathery thing the DoCo was wearing on her wedding day.
Will be interesting ,how this will be connected to the vail - and aligned with the dress.:ermm:

Did Charlene receive a wedding ring at the civil ceremony??

I thought the necKlace she wore for the evening concert was stunning. Does anyone have any information about it?

Charlene is carrying on the Grimaldi tradition of wearing some of the most interesting jewellery amongst Royals

I like this necklace a lot. Quite a modern design, it suits Charlene.

I hope that's not the new 'Ocean Wave' Tiara worn as a necklace! I don't likethe necklace, and it looks vaguely ocean wave-ish.
It really looks ocean wave-ish, and the pearls add to this look. I can't imagine this necklace can be worn as a tiara, but as a necklace it's gorgeous. I really quite a fan of it.

I love the necklace. Also the outfit in the main. Would like to have seen a less tailored jacket. Colour stunning on the Princesse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom