The Duchess of Gloucester Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many tiaras she has?
Six that we know of:

Diamond Tiara (rarely seen)
Diamond and Emerald Tiara (rarely seen)
Honeysuckle Palmette Tiara with changeable centrepiece
Iveagh Tiara
Princess Marie Louise Cartier tiara
Teck Turquoise Tiara

Thank you for help. Six tiaras it is great collection. Could you show me photos of all those tiaras?

The Duchess of G is one of the minor royals who has the largest amount of jewels, yet she is elegantly unostentatious. She'l pull out the pieces when needed, and the rest of the time she will leave us hints and fragrances of her collection. I love her!:flowers:

I agree with Auntie.Especially the Diamond and the Diamond/Emerald tiara are both masterpieces.

Does anybody have photos of the Diamond and the D'n'Emerald Tiaras?
The Duchess wore the Honeysuckle Tiara at the Guildhall Banquet for the Indian President. She wore it with the Pink gem.

The Duchess has a great collection.

A couple of the links that showed some of these treasure are no longer working. Does anyone have some pics or another website that has pictures of her jewellery.

On another note, can anyone recommend a book on the British Royal Jewels (does one exists?).
I think I saw on another thread that the Royal Jewellery by Suzy Menkes is not that great, if I recall.

Last edited:
Duchess of Gloucester at the Indian State Banquet:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Look at all these pieces! The honeysuckle tiara with the kunzite! The necklace! the kunzite brooch! The bracelet! The earrings! The shash brooch!!! I do love seeing her all jeweled up.

Closer pic of hte tiara--beautiful, beautiful! The necklace with all those gorgeouse stone--not quite sure what's going on the sash brooch. And, I adore those earrings.

side view of tiara.

...can anyone recommend a book on the British Royal Jewels (does one exists?).
I think I saw on another thread that the Royal Jewellery by Suzy Menkes is not that great, if I recall.
I have Field's "The Queen's Jewels" and I love it. I have Menkes book and I love it, too. Munn's "Tiaras: A History of Splendor" is the bible for use joolies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget that the Duchess has such an impressive collection! Thanks for sharing the photos!

I love this Tiara, it looks beautiful on the duchess. :)

And the Emerald theme continues with the Duchess of Gloucester, I dont remember seeing this necklace or the tiara with an emerald before. Im loving it though.

And the Emerald theme continues with the Duchess of Gloucester, I dont remember seeing this necklace or the tiara with an emerald before. Im loving it though.

The tiara is, as Warren stated, the Honeysuckle Palmette tiara with one of the changeable centerpieces. The necklace is absolutely beautiful. The Gloucester's have a gorgeous collection of jewels.

I dont remember seeing this necklace or the tiara with an emerald before.
The Duchess wore the same combination to a Banqueting House function some years ago, except on that occasion she also had a diamond and emerald brooch which served to pin the sash to her shoulder. Rather than describing it, you can see it in post #4 of this thread. :)

Beautiful Collection of Jewels for the wonderful Gloucester family.

Does anyone know the jewels HRH wore the return banquet this week for the state visit? It is hard to see in the pictures the parure she has on.

Thank you! :)

I just wish that HM would make some sort of Windsor Family Foundation to stop these wonderful jewels (and those owned by the Kents) being sold or moving away from the royal family in coming generations. I mean, the Countess of Ulster is a working doctor who, I would think, would have little use for these jewels and as they will undertake no royal duties the jewels are obviously at a high risk of being sold. The same is the case with the Countess of St Andrews and, of course, Freddy Windsor will inherit all his mothers things for his wife who will not even have a title other than Lady.......Windsor.
I don't think that there is a problem with Gloucester jewels moving away from the main line . If we think about them , half are historical and half not . I mean , Alice received the turquoise parure as a wedding gift but the Iveagh tiara and the diamond rivieres were Mary's personal jewels with no previous royal history. The emerald tiara was also a gift bought by the Duke specifically for the wedding and I think that also the majority of the previous Duchess's smaller jewels (brooches earrings etc)hadn't a significant royal connection tracing before QMary or were gifts from her Scottish relatives. And the Indian tiara before ending up with the Gloucesters, was already the property of another minor member of the extended British family (which strictly speaking . I can't tell if it was even a British royal) So apart from the turquoise parure and the large pearl brooch(didn't it belong to QAlexandra?) I don't think that they are a loss to the main Family's treasure trove .

I also do not believe we will be seeing the Gloucester jewels move away from the family anytime soon. The turquoise parue given to Alice was a gift to Queen Mary as a wedding gift from her parents, The Duke and Duchess of Teck. I'm not certain of the provence prior to that, but I consider it to be a "historical family piece" and would be very sad to see it leave the family.
The Indian tiara was originally owned by HH Princess Marie-Louise, daughter of HRH Princess Helena, the fifth child of HM Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. HH Princess Marie Louise (called "Louie") by the family, also left a spectacular diamond bracelet to Queen Mary and an additional tiara (later sold at auction) to HRH Princess Patricia of Connaught.

:previous:
You're correct as to the emerald tiara but the second picture is Princess Alice of Athlone.

Wrong Alice :/ Has anyone ever seen the wee diamond tiara and now what it looks like?

O thanks so much Warren! Its lovely, and I had no idea the Count of Ulster was so dishy. I now have all six tiaras cataloged

Looks like the Duchess pulled out the beautiful emeralds for the prewedding event of Catherine and William. Has anyone found the pictures online?

Back
Top Bottom