Star Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't forget Sissi, she also had star-ornaments and if my memory is working OK, also a star-tiara.

I found this picture of Queen Alexandra wearing a star tiara taken 1889. Of some reason I couldn't find the tiara either at Danjel's site or the Royal Jewels of the World. The picture isn't very clear but I'm sure the tiara has stars. Anybody knows this piece?

And be quick because it is a Corbis pic.

http://pro.corbis.com/images/HU005263.jpg?...0-2d9f09528dc9}

Originally posted by Mia. I found this picture of Queen Alexandra wearing a star tiara taken 1889.
I'm pretty sure that the tiara is the queen's wedding present from the King, except that she added stars to it instead of the scroll ornaments. What about the necklace? Anyone know anything about it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandra's tiara

Here's Alexandra's tiara. In the Corbis picture I think she added stars to it

Here's one that I just found on the Royal Jewels Board. Grand Duchess Marie, DUch. of Endinburgh:

Attachments

• marieedinburgh1853.jpg
    marieedinburgh1853.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,405
the star tiara of Princess Maxima. From anp

Attachments

• 1910781.jpg
    1910781.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 758
Duchess Adelheid of Saxe-Altenburg

Attachments

• Saxe-Altenburg, Adelheid.jpg
    Saxe-Altenburg, Adelheid.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,388
Left to right:

1). Grand Duchess Alexandra Josefovna (b. Alexandra of Saxe-Altenburg), wife of Grand Duke Nicholas Constantinovich, daughter-in-law of Nicholas I, mother of Queen Olga of Greece, and great grandmother of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

2). Grand Duchess Marie Pavlona Sr. (b. Marie of Mecklenburg). Wife of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich, daughter -in-law of Tsar Alexander II, mother of Grand Duke Cyril, and great-grandmother of the Kents and the current Russian claimant, Marie.

3). Grand Duchess Helen Vladimirovna (later Princess Nicholas of Greece). Daughter of the above, and mother of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

4). Princess Louise, Duchess of Connaught (b. of Prussia). Wife of Arthur of Connaught, daughter-in-law of Queen Victoria, and grandmother to Queen Ingrid of Denmark.

This is a rather famous picture. The event was a ball held in conjunction with the coronation of Nicholas II.

Attachments

• buncha royals.jpg
    buncha royals.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 946
Princess Maxima's Star Tiara

1.-3. Her wedding.
4. Princess Martha Louise's Wedding.
5.-10. Crownprince Frederik's Wedding.

Attachments

• maxima.jpg
    maxima.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 418
  • maxima8.jpg
    maxima8.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 527
  • maxima7.jpg
    maxima7.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3,088
  • maxima6.jpg
    maxima6.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 426
  • maxima5.jpg
    maxima5.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 432
  • maxima2.jpg
    maxima2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 471
  • maxima3.jpg
    maxima3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 633
  • maxima10.jpg
    maxima10.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 390
  • maximA9.jpg
    maximA9.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 437
  • maxima4.jpg
    maxima4.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,477
This tiara has belonged to Princess Margaretha (née Princess of Sweden). Princess Margaretha was Countess Ruth's mother-in-law.

The tiara is made of gold, turquoises and diamonds and is shaped like 3 big stars with diamonds and turquoises
The tiara was a wedding gift to Queen Louise (married to King Christian IX).
between.http://www.geocities.com/slaikjaer/ruth1.html (the photo is not clear enough)

Attachments

• ruthturqjew.jpg
    ruthturqjew.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,520
that's a very cool one :)

Does anyone know who owns the Wuttenberg Ruby Star tiara now? Is it still in that families possession, or was it broken up and/or sold?

Wurttemberg Tiara spotting

Fireweaver said:
Does anyone know who owns the Wuttenberg Ruby Star tiara now? Is it still in that families possession, or was it broken up and/or sold?
Anyone seen it? Here is a pic to make identification easier...

Attachments

• Wurttemberg Ruby Star Tiara.jpg
    Wurttemberg Ruby Star Tiara.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,135
star tiaras was there any time in history they were very populour
has there been any star tiaras in the swedish royal family

The Star tiara worn by Princess Benedikte of Denmark was originally a swedish tiara. It was inherited by Queen Ingrid (born a princess of Sweden) and brought to Denmark on her marriage. I don't know who owned the tiara first though.

The Star tiara worn by Princess Benedikte of Denmark was originally a swedish tiara. It was inherited by Queen Ingrid (born a princess of Sweden) and brought to Denmark on her marriage. I don't know who owned the tiara first though.

I think it was first worn by Queen Sophie, Fireweaver.

Mapper

Thanks for the info! I love the picture of Alexandra of SWB wearing it, it shows the stars and design so very clearly. It's a gorgeous piece.

Interesting topic! I must say though that the Portugese Star Tiara is a monstrosity! Talk about too much!

Warren said:
Anyone seen it? Here is a pic to make identification easier...

It's not the same.....well at least I don't think so, but duchess Sophie von Württemberg DID wear a star tiara for her wedding. Not at the actual wedding but at the pre-wedding ball..

wurt2.jpg

wurt1.jpg

Pics from "Point de Vue"

Last edited:
My favorite star tiara is Maxima's wedding tiara!

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I love Máxima's wedding tiara. It is so... her!

Charlene of Monaco's Baumer Diamond Spray tiara was designed to emulate a breaking wave, but it also reminds me of shooting stars.

:previous:
A picture :)

v Princess Charlene's Diamond Aigrette/Tiara

Attachments

• Monaco Princess Charlene Aigrette (Lorenz Baumer 2011).jpg
    Monaco Princess Charlene Aigrette (Lorenz Baumer 2011).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 393
:previous:
A picture :)

v Princess Charlene's Diamond Aigrette/Tiara

While this is not my favorite. It's too... simple? It's just not enough.

Your right countess, it is stunning shown here.

I think we need to see this worn at least once properly. During the wedding ball Charlene had it almost hidden in her hair.....

I thought so too!
Maybe she doesn't like to wear something on her head?!

Back
Top Bottom