Semi-Precious Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are there a item of royal jewllery with Semi-Precious stones that you really love if so what item?

are there a item of royal jewllery with Semi-Precious stones that you really love if so what item?

I love amethyst so my favourite of the Royal amethysts would have to be the Swedish amethyst parure, it has such a depth of colour.

I love amethyst so my favourite of the Royal amethysts would have to be the Swedish amethyst parure, it has such a depth of colour.

Are amethysts considered "semi-precious" or "precious" ?

Semi precious. Diamonds, emeralds, sapphires and rubies are precious.

I agree. QE2’s aquamarines in amethyst would be amazing.

Are amethysts considered "semi-precious" or "precious" ?

It's such a good question - because purple and amethysts have been associated with royalty going back to BCE. I've always thought a good, juicy, clear amethyst far more "precious" than the occluded and flawed emeralds we see. today. Personally, I prefer the red of some kinds of garnet to the red of a classic ruby. I realize the rubies are more expensive, but I find them aesthetically less pleasing. Just my taste.

And for many ancient cultures, lapis, carnelian and turquoise were precious. Yet today, we call them opaque stones and don't even grant them carat weight.

To me any great gems are precious. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom