Russian Imperial and Noble Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What majestic tiara!!!!

This tiara is so beautiful!! I prefer the tiara with the pearls!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As some of the commentators on the link said, this tiara probably produced a major headache if it was worn for a long period of time, but what a wonderful piece of jewellery. The Romanovs certainly knocked every other dynasty into the dust with the magnificence of their court jewellery, and this tiara is a prime example of why!

dose the kremlin or the diamond fund ever buy pieces of jewellery that had belonged to the romanov dynasty like the louver or they just preserve the pieces that they currently hold ?!
To my knowledge I haven't ever read about the Kremlin or Diamond Fund buying any Romanov jewels. The one time the Kremlin acquired pieces was the collection of Imperial Faberge Eggs that were owned by Malcom Forbes and he had left the provision they be returned to Russia upon his death.
I sometimes wonder if some of the Romanov jewels that have come up for auction and are bought by private buyers, that the buyers are Russian millionaires/billionaires buying a piece of history or for status.

:previous:
I'm afraid to take the guess that it was broken up and the diamonds sold to finance the Soviet Govt. I had also read that it's been speculated that the gold and other precious metals used for the tiaras/jewels were melted down into ingots and also sold along with the precious gems.

Bagration-Mukhranski tiara question:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/543176405035784908/

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/auersperg21/bagration.jpg

Does anyone think that this tiara could be the same or maybe similar? Second photo is a screenshot from 2009 Bagration wedding in Georgia. A lady wearing a tiara on the right. As it was not a tiara event I assume that tiara was worn by a family member or a Bagration relative.
I haven't seen these pics before, so it's great to see them now. I have no idea if they two tiaras are a match. The base looks different to me. It seems that the tiara of the wedding guest has a high middle part which is graduating quickly to a rather substantial base. The bridal tiara on the other hand graduates more slowly and evenly towards the sides. But it's difficult to see clearly.

I haven't seen these pics before, so it's great to see them now. I have no idea if they two tiaras are a match. The base looks different to me. It seems that the tiara of the wedding guest has a high middle part which is graduating quickly to a rather substantial base. The bridal tiara on the other hand graduates more slowly and evenly towards the sides. But it's difficult to see clearly.

I took the first photo of the tiara lady as a screenshot of the Bagration wedding video years ago and found the second one on pinterest and thought to ask for any connection maybe.

I think you are right,but the angle is very strange so I couldn't see clearly.

Maria Vladimirovna Romanova captured by Swedish journalist Roger Lundgren on his phone: picture

Last edited:
How many tiaras owns Grand Duchess Maria. We never see her wedding tiara.

How many tiaras owns Grand Duchess Maria. We never see her wedding tiara.

Duc_et_Pair made a list on the Tiara and Jewels guessing fourm of Grand Duchess Maria's tiaras

Maria Vladimirovna Romanova has also worn jewels with which her mother Leonida Georgiyevna Bagration-Moukhranskaya was seen. So it can not be all fake.

Grand Duchess Maria: Picture from Pinterest
Grand Duchess Leonida: Picture from Pinterest

A beautiul diamond-and-pearls diadem on her wedding day: Picture from Squarespace
A diamond-and-rubies diadem: Picture from ICSmalta
A Russian kokoshnik style diadem worn by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: picture

and marc23 also suggested that her wedding tiara and the ruby tiara is the same diadem, just worn once with pearls on top and on other picture replaced by rubies, also on top.

Last edited:
Lovely...do we know what private collection it is now in?

LaRae

Is there still ALOT of Romanov treasures that has not been found yet?

I wondered since the Russian Revolution if a lot of the Romanov jewels are still hidden somewhere and missing. I know the Bolsheviks found a lot of their treasures such as jewels, art paintings and antiques but I doubt they found ALL of it. I believe a lot are still hidden in Russia. I mean is there still missing jewels from Empress Marie Feodorvna, Tsarnia Alexandra Feodorvna, Grand Duchess Vladimir jewels that are still missing or hidden because of the Russian Revolution?
Also, I read about a family known as the Yusupov and they were relatives to the Romanov family. It has been said they were richer than the Romanovs itself in Russia. If anyone knows is there still a lot of their treasures such as their jewels, paintings and antiques that are still missing or hidden to this day? I know that the Bolsheviks found a lot of their jewels and paintings but there still must be a lot hidden today. So what do you think?
Can you imagine if someone found all of these treasures today? They would be a multi billionaire!

I believe some of the other royal houses have some of those jewels.

LaRae

I think it unlikely there are many hidden. Most likely they were redistributed after being 'appropriated' seems like I heard some things were destroyed as well.

The 'Amber room' from the Catherine Palace is still missing. I think it's been reconstructed now but most of the original work is gone.

LaRae

I think it unlikely there are many hidden. Most likely they were redistributed after being 'appropriated' seems like I heard some things were destroyed as well.

The 'Amber room' from the Catherine Palace is still missing. I think it's been reconstructed now but most of the original work is gone.

LaRae

Do you know how big Russia and this world is? I think there is still ALOT missing or hidden.

Back
Top Bottom