Russian Imperial and Noble Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2882105.html

The blogger marisols informs us that the Government of Phillipines considers selling the original "Russian Pearl Pendant Kokoshnik", also known as "The Russian beauty". The piece was owned by Mrs Imelda Marcos. The post also contains the closeup of "The Russian beauty" replica (platinum, 1000 diamonds, and 25 drop-shaped pearls). It was made by Moscow jewelers in 1987 and is currently displayed in the Almazny Fond (Diamond Fund). It would be nice if a rich Russian could return this masterpiece to Russia to be displayed.

https://ru-royaljewels.livejournal.com/264205.html

The above post by shakko_kitsune contains photos of the kokoshnik tiara with a pink diamond. Several Grand Duchesses, including Alexandra Fedorovna, wore it for their weddings. It is currently displayed in the Almazny Fond.

Last edited:
Grand Duchess Anastasia of Russia,Princess of Montenegro wearing huge tiara at her wedding to Grand Duke Nikolai,taken from vk.com:

Grand Duchess Anastasia of Russia,Princess of Montenegro wearing huge tiara at her wedding to Grand Duke Nikolai,taken from vk.com:

Wow they look like they could be my great great grand parents. Not saying they are. Fantastic photo. I wondered how the Russian Royals looked. Thanks for posting.

I can not say that I particularly like this tiara. But another one tiara unfortunately not escaped the fate of jewelery former monarchies.

Somehow the tiara appears different, is it really the same? The wedding pic of Anastasia is not clear, so it's difficult to say. Or maybe the base has been significantly changed? I made this comparison pic between the two tiaras. Do you think it's really a match?

Somehow the tiara appears different, is it really the same? The wedding pic of Anastasia is not clear, so it's difficult to say. Or maybe the base has been significantly changed? I made this comparison pic between the two tiaras. Do you think it's really a match?

Ahhh,you are right :) no match :D but one more tiara known ;)

:D One more tiara known! That's exactly how I see it, though I even love it more to find matches and to discover how the jewels passed from one family member to another. And in this case there are certainly similarities between the tiaras. Maybe Princess Anastasia liked the tiara of her sister-in-law and ordered a similar piece for herself?

That's a nice and substantial tiara that I haven't seen before. I wonder if it is a Romanov jewel. Probably not, since it's unlikely that the family were able to keep such juwels after the revolution.

Any idea who the other two ladies in that foto are? Afaik, Princess Olga has no daughters, but at least one of her sons is married. So the couple on her right might be the son and daughter-in-law. It's just a guess, though. The occasion looks like a church wedding, but I'd love to find out more.

That's a nice and substantial tiara that I haven't seen before. I wonder if it is a Romanov jewel. Probably not, since it's unlikely that the family were able to keep such jewels after the revolution.

Well,that doesn't have to be the case,as we know that when her grandmother,Grand Duchess Xenia died,she unexpectedly left several millions in her testament.

Any idea who the other two ladies in that foto are? Afaik, Princess Olga has no daughters, but at least one of her sons is married. So the couple on her right might be the son and daughter-in-law. It's just a guess, though. The occasion looks like a church wedding, but I'd love to find out more.

The picture was taken at Queen Charlotte's ball.Others are debutantes Millie Lockwood,Claire Kligenberg and Jakub Kroulik.

We know that all tiaras for the debutantes were created by Andrew Prince(who created tiaras for Downton Abbey),so they are not real.Is that the case with Princess Olga and her tiara,I don't know :(

IIRC some of the Romanov jewels ended up with the BRF.

LaRae

The tiara is all right. However, Mrs Thomas Mathews, nee Romanova, resembled a British rural milkmaid. Her tan is ghastly.

I would say the same...I actually like the tiara.

I have read somewhere that she was once considered as a potential bride for Prince Charles.

A unique Maid of Honour Cipher of the Russian Imperial Court was sold at an auction at court jewellery W.A. Bolin in Sweden in autumn 2015, 38889 euros.

silver on 14 K gold (56 zolotnik) set with old brilliant and rose cut diamonds approximately 5.5 cts, shaped into a cipher of the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna. Crafted in 1913 by the jeweller Carl Blank, St. Petersburg. Delivered June 6th in the same year, price 620 roubels. Original fitted presentation case from the Cabinet of His Imperial Majesty in red morocco with the Imperial crown printed in gold. Numbered 399. Size 7.5 × 4.5 cms.

Provenance: Maid of Honour Baroness Maria ”Marousia” Langhoff (1893–1975), daughter of baron August Langhoff (1856–1929) Minister State Secretary of the Grand Duchy of Finland in St. Petersburg. Thence by descent.
Baroness Maria ‘Marouisia’ Langhoff was appointed maid of honour on 22 July, 1913, the name day of dowager empress Maria Feodorovna.
120. UNIKT KEJSERLIGT RYSKT CHIFFER FÖR HOVFRÖKEN - Court Jeweller W.A Bolin

I don't like this tiara! Agree with ILoveCP looks fake!

How can she be a "pretender" to the Russian throne? Only males can inherit the crown. :ermm:

How can she be a "pretender" to the Russian throne? Only males can inherit the crown. :ermm:

There were many females who ruled Russia:

Empress Catherine I

Empress Anna

Empress Elizabeth/Elizaveta

Empress Catherine II

worthy mention regent Anna Leopoldovna

Try to google those names and it will come up. :)

Yes, but Tsar Paul hated his mother and changed the succession so that only males can inherit. :)

Yes, but Tsar Paul hated his mother and changed the succession so that only males can inherit. :)

Females can inherit also,if there are no legitimate male heirs left...

And in eyes of Maria Vladimirovna,every other existent Romanov Prince has contracted morganatic marriage and therefor is excluded,while she has married a royal prince.

Last edited:
Veering off the topic ...

There were many females who ruled Russia:

Empress Catherine I

Empress Anna

Empress Elizabeth/Elizaveta

Empress Catherine II

worthy mention regent Anna Leopoldovna

Try to google those names and it will come up. :)
That is not a good list as none of the above ladies were ever Heiresses Apparent. They came to power as a result of palace coups or compromise by local power brokers. Empress Catherine II did usurp the throne, which belonged to her son. So Tzar Paul I's strict succession law is understandable.

Last edited:
That is not a good list as none of the above ladies were ever Heiresses Apparent. They came to power as a result of palace coups or compromise by local power brokers. Empress Catherine II did usurp the throne, which belonged to her son. So Tzar Paul I's strict succession law is understandable.

While discussing Maria Vladimirovna and her claimant to the Russian throne Duchessmary said:"Only males can inherit the crown." which is not true.

And the Pauline rules say:

"The throne could henceforth pass to a female and through the female (cognatic) line of the dynasty, upon the extinction of all legitimately-born, male dynasts."

That explains why Maria Vladimirovna has claimed the Headship of the House.

As a daughter of the strongest claimant,in her eyes every existing male member has already contracted a morganatic marriage,so she is the only member (female) who contracted royal marriage...

Last edited:
dose the kremlin or the diamond fund ever buy pieces of jewellery that had belonged to the romanov dynasty like the louver or they just preserve the pieces that they currently hold ?!

Back
Top Bottom