Russian Imperial and Noble Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't help but thinking that this smells like a gorgeous marketing scoop for Chaumet. Perfect to attract the super-rich Russian clients, and the bride certainly also profited from the deal. Otherwise, she would probably keep her wedding tiara as a bid secret till the big day. Interestingly, they don't mention whether the tiara will be a loan or a purchase.:whistling:

And there are other questions that come to mind: Doesn't Maria Vladimirovna own any of the tiaras she has worn over the years? Were they all loans, or are they sold off? The pearl/ruby tiara hasn't been seen for decades. The contemporary pearl kokoshnik has been worn a couple of times, but her most recent tiara appearance was with an aquamarine kokoshnik that might have been another loan. Or has that to do with the relationship between the two women? Or, and this is what I hope, Maria Vladimirovna owns only one tiara and wants wear it herself for the wedding ball. That would point to a white tie reception with grand jewel to be seen.:D:D Something to look forward to.

That said, I'm not so fond of the tiara she chose. Imo, it's too high to look really flattering, while the result of the airiness of the trellis work is the the tiara, despite being so high, gets lost in the hair. And the pattern itself somehow doesn't look endearing, imho.

Or, and this is what I hope, Maria Vladimirovna owns only one tiara and wants wear it herself for the wedding ball. That would point to a white tie reception with grand jewel to be seen.:D:D Something to look forward to.

Even better would be if the Wedding would be a white tie affair like the one of Maria Vladimirovna. But that is probably too much to hope.

I can't help but thinking that this smells like a gorgeous marketing scoop for Chaumet. Perfect to attract the super-rich Russian clients, and the bride certainly also profited from the deal. Otherwise, she would probably keep her wedding tiara as a bid secret till the big day. Interestingly, they don't mention whether the tiara will be a loan or a purchase.:whistling:

Royal Musings: Victoria Romanova Bettarini chooses her wedding tiara

More about the bride, wedding and choosing a tiara. Many factors decided, as you have guessed.

And there are other questions that come to mind: Doesn't Maria Vladimirovna own any of the tiaras she has worn over the years? Were they all loans, or are they sold off? The pearl/ruby tiara hasn't been seen for decades. The contemporary pearl kokoshnik has been worn a couple of times, but her most recent tiara appearance was with an aquamarine kokoshnik that might have been another loan. Or has that to do with the relationship between the two women? Or, and this is what I hope, Maria Vladimirovna owns only one tiara and wants wear it herself for the wedding ball. That would point to a white tie reception with grand jewel to be seen.:D:D Something to look forward to.

That said, I'm not so fond of the tiara she chose. Imo, it's too high to look really flattering, while the result of the airiness of the trellis work is the the tiara, despite being so high, gets lost in the hair. And the pattern itself somehow doesn't look endearing, imho.

I'm certain Chaumet is benefitting from any interest around this wedding, the article in PdV and I assume they're loaning the tiara partly because of that. It certainly doesn't hurt to remind people of their long standing Imperial Russian connections.

However I have to ask, are the Russian super-rich going to be particularly interested in this wedding? Or discover interest in Chaumet because of it? Both Georgi and his mother seemed like a fairly minor deal in Russia, in the grand scheme of things despite their ancestors.

It will definitely be interesting to see what Maria wears. Rebecca was given the ring that Maria gave Georgi to give to his fiancee so I can't see that she'd refuse a tiara out of spite if she had one to loan.

Interesting website. Saw the Pansy Egg not long ago. Very beautiful.

Yes. Saw the real one. The Lilies of the Valley basket is in the same collection.

Interesting information here

The diamond and pearl tiara belongs to Helen Kirby and has previously belonged to Grand Duchess Leonida

Helen is the sister of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia?

Saw the Pansy Egg not long ago. Exquisite.

Back
Top Bottom