Royal Ruby Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, I wouldn't count on that, they seem to prefer them in the safe instead of on their heads... :( Espeically the bigger brooches and necklaces suffer from this attitude...

Little_star said:
I don't particularly like rubies and find them a quite tacky, but the one peice of ruby jewellery that has blown me away is Mary's ruby parure, it is stunning.
http://www.amf.org.au/images/PrincessMary.jpg
Here's a bigger version of the same picture:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1716&c=4
The rest of the jewels in the picture though aren't very nice, imo.

The necklace is quite stunning-but does anyone know if those are rubies or star rubies? They appear to be starred to me, but perhaps it is the lighting.

CP Mary's parure was originally bought for Queen Desiree of Sweden. The first Bernadotte queen.

It is magnificent!

Grand Duchess Marie of Russia, later Duchess of Edinburgh, had a breathtaking ruby necklace from her father. I can't think where I saw a photo of it. The Duchess of Windsor also had a gorgeous one rubies intertwined with diamonds and a spray of rubies hanging down.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Windsor also had a gorgeous one rubies intertwined with diamonds and a spray of rubies hanging down

fabulously created for her vancleef and arpels

~*~Humera~*~ said:
some beautiful ruby jewellery worn by Bruneian royals. Princess Sarah - really like the bracelet
Lovely bracelet, and well-spotted ~*~Humera~*~.
A prize for post composition and layout as well. :)

Datin HJH Faizah

Are the ruby/rubies in the necklace a single and very HUGE one or a cluster of rubies? As always, here jewelery collection is fabulous. IMO, she is the most glamorous of the Brunei royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Datin HJH Faizah is a Bruneian beauty knows how to dress to set off her jewelry to best advantage.

Her ruby jewelry is spectacular.

CP Mary's ruby tiara is beautiful, but couldn't they put a nicer frame on it. It just shows so badly in the photos and does not look natural. Its a shame beacuse it ruins all the pictures for me.:cool:

Maxie said:
Thanks for all the interesting information, Marengo! I love learning about royal jewels, especially those of the Netherlands! I went a bit through my own pictures (it's still a modest collection, to be honest) and I found a picture of Laurentien in Denmark (I'm pretty sure it's originally from Colourpress) wearing the ruby earrings and the brooche (which looked great on her by the way, as did the dress. I think that's the best outfit Laurentien has worn ever).
I think you are right but do you imagine that the Princess Laurentien could took some inspiration on the Letizia 's red gown - specilally mad according two beautiful broches of ruby

Lorenzo Caprile, the designer of this gown said that he had the idea of this tuning gala dress in seeing the two broches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that ruby and diamond tiara is really nice, and it fits on Queen Beatrix too ;)

Yes, both Princess Grace's and Princess Mary's are among the most beautiful. Notice the difference in shades of red of the rubies between the two.

mims111 said:
Does anybody know, which royal family owns this ruby set?
http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=04629_rubyearrings_319lo.jpg

Yes, it was a Saxe-Coburg-Gotha parure, which was broken up when it was sold at auction. The earrings, I believe, were purchased by the Fuerst von Thurn und Taxis for his wife, Fuerstin Gloria, in the 1980s. I think he bought them because of some relation between the T&T and S-C-G families.

Thank you very much Lady Marmalade and Prince of Chota! Have you pics of ladies, which were wearing it? ;)

Here is a ruby parue of which the tiara is a piece that I just love, Anna Marie (Queen of the Hellenes):

annemarietiaras1

The necklace looks a touch heavy in comparison to the tiara.

The necklace is a bit heavy, but the design is classic and beautiful.

Anne-Marie has the most beautiful collection of tiaras, between that and the equally gorgeous emerald tiara...

It's very pretty, but I don't understand wearing ruby with a purple gown.:huh::blink: Surely the emerald parure, or even straight diamonds would've been better?

Here is a ruby parue of which the tiara is a piece that I just love, Anna Marie (Queen of the Hellenes):

annemarietiaras1

The necklace looks a touch heavy in comparison to the tiara.

Thank you for this photo, I've never seen this close-up. The tiara is awful, buat the necklace and earrings are lovely!

You know, now that I'm looking at it I wonder if that link I posted to the pic of Anne Marie is photoshopped? The tiara looks weird, her smile looks weird, etc...
Warren????

I'm pretty sure that the picture is not photoshopped. That is what the tiara looks like, especially an HD pic of it. Given the leaf/berry motif, I imagine that it was meant to ramble about a little.

Thanks, Kimebear! I like the tiara--it looks greek to me and it suits the Greek Royal Family. Anne Marie wears it well.

Back
Top Bottom