Royal Jewels by Cartier

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
A platinum tiara in the Art Nouveau taste, arranged as stylized leaves and flowers. Probably by Cartier.

Attachments

• DecoTiara.jpg
    DecoTiara.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,848
Favorite Royal Jewels by Cartier

Cartier is one of the world's leading suppliers of jewelry to royalty.

Please post your favorite pieces and include descriptions, details, etc when possible.

Queen Rania is exquisite in that tiara!

I love that she wears the tiara with simpler earrings (she's just wearing diamond studs in one of the photos). it's unlike other royals who would wear a dramatic tiara with huge dangling earrings and major-bling necklaces.

extremely elegant and ultra-glamorous!!!

Thanks!

Thank you to everyone for posting those photographs. Cartier's jewels are beautiful!

The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in Lisbon is going to lodge the exhibition “Cartier 1899-1949. The journey of a style”, from February 15th to April 29th.
This temporary exhibition brings together an outstanding set of 230 pieces, among which is the Scroll Tiara (of Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians) or the Panther Clip Brooch (that belonged to the Duchess of Windsor).

http://www.museu.gulbenkian.pt/exposicoes.asp?lang=en

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in Lisbon is going to lodge the exhibition “Cartier 1899-1949. The journey of a style”, from February 15th to April 29th.
This exhibition was in Sydney a few years ago and it is highly recommended. It's probably the closest any of us will get to a glittering tiara, and the Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians tiara is glittering indeed. The Begum Aga Khan's art deco lotus tiara is also a sight to behold close up.

The exhibition is a great opportunity to see the intricacies, detail and craftsmanship that goes into serious jewellery, big pieces and small.

A tip for those who plan to visit: buy the catalogue, it's a great souvenir.

Thanks for the tip, Warren! ;)

Mr. Gulbenkian (*1869 +1955) was also a great art collector. He himself used to buy at many Parisian jewellers, and then particularly at Cartier, so this "Cartier 1899-1949. The journey of a style" brings together not only the exhibition of Cartier, but also the unique pieces collected by Calouste Gulbenkian, during his life. In whole, it's 230 pieces, original sketches and drawings of jewels!

It's a great opportunity indeed!:flowers:

Here's a video, where this exhibition is presented. See around minute 50:

mms://195.245.176.20/rtpfiles/videos/auto/cclara/cclara_26012007.wmv

Câmara Clara, from Dois

Why the Belgium Cartier Tiara of Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians returned to the Cartier? It was sold by one of her descendents?

I assume Cartier bought the tiara from the then-owner so that it could be included in the Cartier Collection.

After the death of queen Elisabeth, the tiara passed to his son, King Leopold III. When he died, his second wife, Princess Lilian of Rethy sold it. The tiara was bought by Cartier museum.

Are there any cartier jewllery in the netherlands royal jewllery boxes?

Kennybob , it is why I choose this avatar.. Could you imagine this wonderful tiara on Queen Paola and later Princess Mathilde's hair ? In 1968 two years after King Leopold's III dead, his widow Lilian de Rethy sold it back to Cartier.
The history of the jewels of the belgian Court is sad they are or stolen or sold.

Queen sofia of spain has a cartier tiara i have lernt the one infanta christina wore in sweden

I wonder if all the royal families have tiara's from cartier?

I don't know about the British Royal family, I can't remember reading about any tiaras made by Cartier, but then I haven't really researched it.:flowers:

I don't think the British have any by Cartier. I know the Queen owns the four Cartier bracelets her mother got as a gift but I'm not aware of any other major Cartier pieces in the BRF. My favorite Cartier tiara is the one worn by Princess Anastasia of Greece and Denmark. I remember reading that it had been sold later on but I can not find that info again, does anybody know. I would love for it to resurface again on some royal's head.

^ That tiara can be considered as Zara's something blue on her wedding day... Hopefully Princess Anne will loan it to her.

^ That tiara can be considered as Zara's something blue on her wedding day... Hopefully Princess Anne will loan it to her.

That is a wonderful idea. The tiara is beautiful. But is the wedding going to be a royal event? Princess Anne did not let her children have royal titles.

Its going to be a royal event in that the Queen and many other royals will be there and a the reception will be at the Queen's Scottish palace, but it is not an official royal event. Thanks for the reminder Warren, its a pretty tiara but not for a wedding imo. Personally, the Meander tiara would be a stunning wedding tiara on Zara. Has the Queen worn the Cartier bracelets from her mother? They would be a lovely gift to Kate.

The tiara of Queen Elisabeth (my avatar) is from Cartier and back to Cartier(Auction)

was it know that the tiara worn by kate at the wedding were from cartier?

:previous:
The King of Spain's eldest niece was also there,I believe the Spanish Royal family lent a tiara as part of the exhibition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom