Royal Jewels by Cartier

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Josefine said:
was it know that the tiara worn by kate at the wedding were from cartier?

Yes, the Halo scroll tiara worn by Kate on her wedding day is by Cartier, so the British royal family do indeed have a Cartier tiara.

I could be wrong and I can't check from my phone, but I believe Princess Anne's aquamarine pine cone tiara may also be by Cartier.

Edit: just checked and the aquamarine pine flower tiara is indeed by Cartier, so that's two Cartier tiaras in the British Royal Family that I know of off the top of my head. Could be more though.

Last edited:
Charlotte Casiraghi attended an exhibition of jewels at the House of Cartier today. http://i45.tinypic.com/w7d2x2.jpg
Thanks for the additional info. & pics. :)

Not surprised Charlotte was there in a prominent position with a Cartier representative, as the House of Grimaldi & Cartier have a long illustrious history together, going far far back, even before Grace, back to Princess Charlotte and mayhap even before that time.

Thus, whom better to represent them in this new younger generation of the 21st centuiry ~ native French speaking Charlotte Casiraghi ~ with her beauty, pedigree, intellect, fluency in several languages, et al, it's only a natural fit. WTG Cartier and the House of Grimaldi! :cool: :clap: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
And don't forget The Duchess of Windsor's jewels. Many of her most significant pieces were purchased from Cartier or designed by them using The Duke's private collection of gems.

Has the Halo tiara that Kate wore as a bride been mentioned? It was made by Cartier.

One of my favorite Cartier tiaras!
My favorite cartier tiara is the one worn by princess anastasia of greece and denmark.
beautiful!
I have never been a huge fan of this Cartier tiara! For some reason the large pearls just don't do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not made for royalty but Diana had the famous trinity ring by Cartier.

I love that pinecone tiara! So beautiful, I don't see why it wouldn't do for a wedding tiara. It is not "soaring" or heavy. The colors of the gems are it's main glory, but the shapes are also glorious. If I were a bride with a wedding coming up I'd ask to borrow it.
I like color in weddings, and I'm a fan of Princess Alice's light pink wedding dress. the tiara Kate wore almost disappeared on her head, because it was so close fitting, but I guess it went in with the subdued and almost humble dressing of the Duchess, and the pleading music, asking a blessing on the couple it seemed. Maybe others did not see the wedding that way. It was grand but also restrained, medieval, and prayerful all the way.

I don't think the British have any by Cartier. I know the Queen owns the four Cartier bracelets her mother got as a gift but I'm not aware of any other major Cartier pieces in the BRF. My favorite Cartier tiara is the one worn by Princess Anastasia of Greece and Denmark. I remember reading that it had been sold later on but I can not find that info again, does anybody know. I would love for it to resurface again on some royal's head.

There is a very famous Cartier Tiara in the British RF collection:
Royal Collection - The Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding dress
The Halo Tiara ;)

Queen Alexandra of England's diamond Collier Resille Necklace was made by Cartier in 1904.

I was finally able to finally check out the Cartier exhibit at the Denver Art Museum: Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century. It runs until mid March and if you are in the area (or in need of a ski trip) I highly recommend it. It seems like an extension of the traveling exhibit they've had a few other places, but with some additional items too. A handful of marked royal items, with a few others that I think were marked "Private Owner" but had royal connections.

Princess Grace's engagement ring is a stunner as were the handful of tiaras they had - they sure do sparkle in person (more than I imagined.)

Does anyone know when it was last worn?

Could have been disassembled for the current aquamarine pieces.

The top tiara (title of article) is and always was owned by Cartier. They keep it in a collection. Its been modeled and displayed a few times. As the article says, it inspired two BRF tiaras.

It was inspiration for Anne's pinecone tiara (and lesser so for the halo), which dates back to the Queen mum.

Saturday Sparkler: The Aquamarine Pineflower Tiara | The Court Jeweller

The last time the pinecone was worn was by Anne in 2014 for the Irish state banquet.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/532972937131859378/

She has a brooch made from the central cluster (seen here)
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Gardenparty at Buckingham Palace - Aquamarine

Last edited:
Princess Lilian had a Cartier tiara . This tiara was loan before by Cartier to Mme Lebrun, wife of the President of France for their State Viste in UK.
Princess Lilian added diamonds at her Cartier tiara for the Court Ball for WW Exhibtion 1958. It was too much and was called the Cathedral.

Princess Caroline and her beautiful Cartier tiara:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21334&d=1066080235

I don't know much about this tiara but I'm pretty sure it's platinum, diamonds, and the pearl drops (I love them!). It was also worn by Princess Charlotte. If anyone has more info on this tiara, please post it! :)

The Pearl Drop Tiara was made for Princess Charlotte of Monaco, Princess Caroline's grandmother, in 1949. It belongs to the Palais Princier de Monaco collection.

Back
Top Bottom