Royal Family of Serbia Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks indeed Julia for not letting this small Royal family to slip into oblivion ;) by opening those lovely threads - this one happens to be one of my favorites!...
This is truly a very beautiful tiara. Thanks Julia for posting the photos!Regarding its present whereabouts I believe that to be the truth, although it has never been worn by female members of Royal family after the WWII as far as I am informed. Most certainly, it is not worn by Princesses Katarina or Jelisaveta today. I hope it is still owned by the family, so perhaps it could be actually seen either on Princesses or an exhibition of (remain) Royal Jewelry. It would be nice indeed.

Danjel's Royal Splendour Site is truly wonderful, and this is another, very small photo of Princess Olga wearing the tiara taken from this site as well as few details about tiara:
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif][/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]A large diamond tiara of a scrollwork design centered with pale yellow diamonds. Originally made for the Georgian Princess Abamalek Lazarev, who left it to her nephew, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia. His wife, Princess Olga, wore it frequently.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]After her death the tiara went to her oldest son, Prince Alexander, so that his second wife, Princess Barbara could wear it.[/font]

From:http://nl.msnusers.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/yugboucheronw.msnw - Danjel's Royal Site

Are the whereabouts of this tiara unknown? Or, was it sold back to the maker bucherin? Perhaps it is still in the family somehow? Can anyone she's light on this? I have tried to do research -have come up with nothing unless I keep missing it.
Thanks.

:previous:
maria-olivia has given some details about the fate of Princess Olga's tiara at #35 (page 2).

v Princess Olga's Boucheron Tiara
> as worn by Princess Barbara
(year unknown but post-1973 when she married Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia)
1st Image courtesy Geoffrey Munn and "Tiaras - A History of Splendour"
2nd image cropped from larger photograph and not subject to copyright restriction.

Attachments

• Yugoslavia Princess Olga Boucheron Tiara.jpg
    Yugoslavia Princess Olga Boucheron Tiara.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 2,391
  • Yugoslavia Princess Barbara & Pcess Olga's Boucheron Tiara.jpg
    Yugoslavia Princess Barbara & Pcess Olga's Boucheron Tiara.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6,772
Last edited:
This 865 brilliant stone tiara was auctioned off in 1960,along with big Serbian white eagle diamond brooch,which was a gift from King Alexander I...Her last official picture(4th one down right in the picture) was made just in order to show off the splendor of tiara which was to be auctioned off...

Both peaces were sold of to Levi Cohen,who bought it for New York jeweler Harry Winston...

Here is Maria wearing some of her tiaras:

and a better picture of her wearing this unknown tiara with obviously a matching necklace:

And a little bit bigger picture of her wearing this bandeau:

It is interesting to me that Harry Winston has never put this on display! Or, have they?

Just found this picture online of HM Queen Alexandra at Then Princess Elizabeth's pre-wedding ball.

From what I can see... She looks lovely. She is wearing the entire emerald set (necklace as well as the tiara).

http://www.royal-magazin.de/yugoslavia/emeralds-queen-serbia-necklace.htm

I have been trying to find another picture of Queen Alexandra wearing the Emerald Tiara. Has anyone else seen a picture other than the one I previously posted?

Unfortunately, it's not the best, so it would be nice to see a better picture of it.

This must have been taken just before the tiara was sold?

What a amazing tiara. Very beautiful. I think that the article say that the tiara was purchased from Albion Art Collection if understad correctly.

The tiara was sold by Princess Barbara (second wife of Prince Alexander) in order to buy an appartment for her son. It is now exhibited by the Albion Collection in Tokyo.

An appartment??? Poor little tiara :sad:

Do you mean the large kokoshnik from Olga's mother Elena? I cant think of another Cartier tiara in the family, but this one doesn't resamble the kokoshnik, IMO.

Do you mean the large kokoshnik from Olga's mother Elena? I cant think of another Cartier tiara in the family, but this one doesn't resamble the kokoshnik, IMO.

Yes, that one.

After the war it has been, sort of, remodeled...diamond drops that hanged were removed and tiara looked different.

And from this angle it doesn't look like that, but it is. The central element is clearly seen in Elizabeth's head, but the rest is looking different due to angle of the photo.

Here is the same tiara worn by Elizabeth's former sister in law Maria Pia:

https://royalwatcherblog.files.word...e-princess-maria-pia-1.jpg?w=652&h=970&crop=1

I can see your poit, Marc23. I *think* I see the collet diamonds on top, but the distinctive curve of the kokoshnik isn't there. At least I can not see it.
But since the family didn't have anything other that resambles what Elizabeth wore in 1955, you might be right.
:)

I can see your poit, Marc23. I *think* I see the collet diamonds on top, but the distinctive curve of the kokoshnik isn't there. At least I can not see it.
But since the family didn't have anything other that resambles what Elizabeth wore in 1955, you might be right.
:)

Welll, they did have the splendid Boucheron diamond tiara, but she is obviously not wearing that tiara.

The main jewels were Princess Olga's, Prince Paul's wife . She got them from her Mother Grand Duchess of Russia;
Princess Barbara sold them to Albion Japan .
The main Branch, Prince Alexander owns only a small tiara. I don't know which tiara his Mother wore in the past.

The main jewels were Princess Olga's, Prince Paul's wife . She got them from her Mother Grand Duchess of Russia;
Princess Barbara sold them to Albion Japan .
The main Branch, Prince Alexander owns only a small tiara. I don't know which tiara his Mother wore in the past.

This tiara didn't come from Princess Olga's mother, but Prince Paul inherited this tiara from his aunt, Princess Moina Demidoff di San Donato, Princess Abamalek-Lazarev. Prince Paul's mother came from a fabulously wealthy family and he inherited most from his mother Aurora and his aunt also, who also left him almost everything.

This tiara that was sold to Albion was a very valuable Boucheron tiara, as the biggest diamonds in tiara were the rare yellow diamonds.

Last edited:
Thanks for correcting the Abamalek tiara.
Did Crown Prince Alexander's Mother have grand jewels ??

That's a very interesting case. Is it possible, that the Cartier kokoshnik was convertible so that it could be worn in a smaller version? The full Cartier tiara was enormously huge, while this one looks only slightly larger than Queen Mary's bandeau tiara, which is worn by Princess Alexandra of Kent i this pic. But with the upper part of the kokoshnik coming off, that might have looked like the one worn by the Princess here.

That's a very interesting case. Is it possible, that the Cartier kokoshnik was convertible so that it could be worn in a smaller version? The full Cartier tiara was enormously huge, while this one looks only slightly larger than Queen Mary's bandeau tiara, which is worn by Princess Alexandra of Kent i this pic. But with the upper part of the kokoshnik coming off, that might have looked like the one worn by the Princess here.

I think she has worn the "smaller version" of Cartier tiara...but without diamond drops, not without upper part of the tiara. In the picture the tiara looks rather big on Elizabeth's head, no matter it's hardly seen due to angle, but the central part of the tiara is recognizable.

Her mother Olga also wore this remodeled version several times:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f7/a7/a3/f7a7a3012ed3ef67d50e823cd17f32fa.jpg

This tiara went to King Peter Ii and Queen Alexandra. I saw only one smallPicture.
They sold he tiara to van Cleef and Arpels , who sold the emerald cabochons to Chaumet.
The tiara on display in Brussels was with fake emeralds.

Yes Marc it is this one. Lovely Royal couple with sad destiny.

Who is she? Did anyone see the diamond tiara in the beginning? IMG_0241.jpg

Back
Top Bottom