Royal Family of Serbia Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Julia and Blueice for all the information and photos. The RF certainly has some beautiful tiara's.

removed dead link

QUEEN MARIA'S VEIL
This is not Queen Marie of Yugoslavia, but her cousin Grand Duchess (or Princess) Maria Kirillovna of Russia. She married Friedrich Karl, 6th prince of Leiningin.

Last edited by a moderator:
where are these jewels right now?does it still in the family or auctioned sold or in museums?

Most jewels are sold in WW2.Money is used to help serbian prisoners in concentration camps like Jasenovac,Stara Gradiska...The package were sending Maria and her sons under the name of Maria K.Djordjevic that nazi dont realize.Very little jewels are still in royal family of Serbia.

I saw last year the Boucheron Daisy leaves and flowers tiara in Brussels at the ING exhibition of royal jewellery.
This tiara belongs now to Albion (Japan).We were told that Princess Barbara sold the tiara because she wanted to buy a flat in London for her son Dushan.
A lot of tiaras are sold to Albion and they will never change,. that's important. So I hope they will be soon an Albion museum...

I am Serbian girl, and i have to thank to all of you, for adding Serbian Royal familly to this great site! It is such an honnor that there are still peoplle who are interested in out Royality and all great things they do!
And yes, i thnik that tiara is still in their familly...

Is this the family that has something to do with Catherine Oxenberg? She lives in Malibu and is married to an American actor? I think she is 1/2 a Princess from this family.

Catherine Oxenburg is the daughter of Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia.
Princess Elisabeth's parents were Prince Paul and Princess Olga (a sister of Princess Marina of Greece, later Duchess of Kent).

Prince Paul and Princess Olga had three children:
• Prince Alexander (1924- ), currently married to Princess Barbara of Liechtenstein, previously married to Princess Maria Pia of Savoy;
• Prince Nikola (1928-1954) (killed in a car accident at Windsor);
• Princess Elisabeth (1936- )

Serbian Jewels

Do you have any picture of princess Katherine wearing a tiara? Thanks so much for your reply. Greetings from Florida! Real Gentleman

Found this pic of gold tiara of Queen Marie of Yugoslavia with a lock of her hair. It's kept in museum in Oplenac, a country estate of Karageorgevich royals where magnificent church stands in which almost all of dynasty members are buried.

Attachments

• 23_5 Tijara kraljice Marije, sa pramenom njene kose.jpg
    23_5 Tijara kraljice Marije, sa pramenom njene kose.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 762
Is it true that nearly all the major jewels have been sold or left the main line?

Yes,the only ancestral tiara they(CP couple) could get in touch with is the golden tiara of Queen Marie,but it is in a museum...

tiara.jpg

bm.jpg

One more picture of Princess Elizabeth wearing Queen Marie's tiara:

elizabeth.jpg

^^^^
That ranks right up there with Sonjas Wonder Woman tiara. Ugh.

Here is Catherine Oxenberg wearing Tacori diamond tiara that her husband Casper van Dien bought for her...

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/auersperg21/Ox.jpg

Wow, I remember watching Catherine as an actress in the American soap opera "Dynasty" back in the '80s and had read that her mother is Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia. It's a pretty tiara but more suited for a younger woman, I think. Wearing her hair down in long ringlets doesn't look good with it either.

Last edited:
^^^^^
Nice, but how often do women (even if there mother was a princess) in California or anywhere else in America get to wear a tiara without looking ridiculous?

Just because Catherine Oxenburg doesn't wear her tiara well doesn't mean that all women in America can't wear a tiara with style and elegance, although there aren't the occasions to wear them as in Europe. You can't discount all the ladies here!

Last edited:
I wasn't suggesting she looked bad or that other women would look bad. I was suggesting people might think it ridiculous for any American woman in this day and age (other than a beauty queen) to wear a tiara at a social event in America. It might be seen as a bit over the top or outre.

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately there aren't tiara events here in America other than said beauty pageants. I think Catherine wearing that small tiara with flowing locks just emphasizes the disconnect between a Hollywood event and a royal occasion where a tiara is more suitable.

Last edited:
Jewels of Serbia

Hi all,

I was looking through here and of all of the posts I have not seen any on the Tiaras/Jewels of the house of Serbia. I know they are a non-reigning house, but surely there must be some out there.

Pardon me if I somehow overlooked the posts!

Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

PRINCESS JELISAVETA'S (ELISABETH'S) DIAMOND TIARA

Photo: HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, daughter of Prince Paul and Princess Olga is wearing a small diamond tiara of unknown provenance.

Sadly,this tiara is not a diamond one,but a crystal one...Here is a link for the another picture of Princess wearing the same tiara and promoting their crystals:

Svet kristala

just scroll down...

Couldn't find it. Do we have just a picture?

Couldn't find it. Do we have just a picture?

Just click on the link,scroll down a bit and you will see the picture of the Princess wearing this tiara with her statement next to the picture,in which she is advertizing the crystal company...

Last edited:
Just click on the link,scroll down a bit and you will see the picture of the Princess wearing this tiara with her statement next to the picture,in which she is advertizing the crystal company...

Found it, thank you.

Interesting. I know that CP Katherine has a small tiara that we have seen a time or two... Not sure whom it actually belongs to or where it came from. Borrowed? If not, I wonder if it might be similar to this one?

Found it, thank you.

Interesting. I know that CP Katherine has a small tiara that we have seen a time or two... Not sure whom it actually belongs to or where it came from. Borrowed? If not, I wonder if it might be similar to this one?

I think it could be borrowed for the occasion...Regarding tiara's Queen Marie and Queen Alexandra(grandmother and mother of CP Alexander) had at their disposal:

Well,Queen Marie had 5 of them in total:

Her first tiara was the golden one posted above and the only one still available to the family...It is said that it was her maiden tiara which she brought from Romania.

Her second tiara was the famous emerald tiara bought by King Alexander I from Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna jr. as an engagement gift for his future wife...posted above and later sold to Van Cleef and Arpels...

Her third tiara was the brilliant tiara gifted to her by the people of the Kingdom of Serbs,Croats and Slovenians on occasion of her wedding in 1922.This tiara was guarded as the family treasury along with the coronation Crown,scepter and the train...It is said that this tiara never left Yugoslavia and that it is still in the vaults of the National Bank of Serbia...

Her fourth tiara was a Cartier gift tiara(along with a matching necklace) from King Alexander I on the occasion of birth of their first son King Peter II in 1923.When King Peter II married she gifted this tiara to his wife Queen Alexandra...Queen Alexandra later sold this tiara to an unknown buyer.

Her fifth tiara was the fringe diamond tiara that belonged to her aunt Princess Beatrice who sold it after the first civil started in Spain...

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks! I had no idea that Marie had so many tiaras -what a shame that the family does not have any of them.
Perhaps one day we may see the brilliant tiara and we will know for sure as to its wear about.
Is the gold tiara not in a museum with a lock of the queens hair?

Wow! Thanks! I had no idea that Marie had so many tiaras -what a shame that the family does not have any of them.
Perhaps one day we may see the brilliant tiara and we will know for sure as to its wear about.
Is the gold tiara not in a museum with a lock of the queens hair?

Yes it is,but it is available to the family as there were photos of Princess Brigitta wearing it several months ago...

Here she is seen in some Leiningen event wearing a small tiara which looks more like the necklace converted tiara:

Brigita1_zpsbedc8c3b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom