Royal Emerald Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is probably my all time favorite emerald tiara-Empress Farah's Harry Winston tiara:
06_farah_tiara_zps1abca49f.jpg

Thank you for the post of this beautiful necklace. Also for the background on Lorenz' family. I knew he was an archduke but didn't know Charles I was his grandfather.
I am glad you enjoyed the article, Frelinghighness. :)
While I do love this necklace, I'd take the other Savoy-Aosta emerald necklace over it any day. Such a shame it's no longer with the family.

Attachments

• elana of aosta emerald necklace (1).jpg
    elana of aosta emerald necklace (1).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,591
While we're with the Savoys...

Queen Margherita's Diamond & Emerald brooch
(42 carats)

Attachments

• Savoy Queen Margherita Diamond & Emerald Brooch 42 carats.jpg
    Savoy Queen Margherita Diamond & Emerald Brooch 42 carats.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,666
That's actually the centrepiece of Queen Margherita's Emerald Necklace. It was detachable and could be worn as a brooch, in which form it was sold.

Savoy Royal Jewels: Queen Margherita of Savoy's Emerald Parure

The origins of the parure are a bit obscure. Although its best-known owner is Queen Margherita of Savoy, it is generally agreed that its original owner was in fact her mother-in-law, Queen Adelaide.

In 1842, Archduchess Adelaide of Austria married her first cousin once removed, Prince Victor Emmanuel of Savoy (future Victor Emmanuel II of Italy). On the occasion, many gifts poured from both sides of the family, and among them was a fabulous emerald parure – a gift from Adelaide’s new father-in-law, King Charles Albert of Sardinia.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 530
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 447
amazing necklace , do you have any picture mounted as a tiara ?

:previous:
I am pretty sure the necklace couldn't be worn as a tiara. The original parure did contain an emerald tiara but because it was so quickly dismantled very few pictures of Margherita wearing the tiara exist. In fact, this is the only picture of the original emerald tiara that I know of.

Queen Elena's Emerald Tiara (Elena was Margherita’s daughter-in-law) was created from some of Margherita’s dismantled emerald jewellery. At least one of the stones from the original emerald tiara was used (the centrepiece emerald).

Italian Royal Jewels: Elena of Montenegro’s Emerald Tiara
Queen Elena’s tiara’ was a gift from her mother-in-law. The emerald and diamond tiara was creating by dismantling some of Margherita’s jewels. Judging by the pictures, it would appear that the centre emerald in Elena’s tiara is actually one of the oval stones from the tiara of the original parure.

I read somewhere ,I think the Charles and Diana photo thread, that Diana wore as a headband that night because she had a badly sunburnt neck.

I am not fond of emerald jewelry. I suspect that is because I hate green. The color looks awful against my skin. Give me sapphires.

I read somewhere ,I think the Charles and Diana photo thread, that Diana wore as a headband that night because she had a badly sunburnt neck.

Actually Diana wore the choker as a headband because her tiara had been left at home !

I am surprised that the parure that belonged to Queen Maria of Yugoslavia is not in here ;(

That kokoshnik is beautiful, the emeralds looks wonderful with sunlight, and I love the ribbon details. Kokoshnik type of tiara really goes so well with veil.

Emeralds are my most favorite gem of all and this design really shows off the gorgeous green color: great pictures!

Back
Top Bottom