HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 05-06-2019, 08:15 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Heavily bejeweled Princess Vittoria Odescalchi, born Balbi Senarega, Marchesa di Piovera:

https://s14.postimg.cc/jer8sumxt/ode...necklace_2.jpg

Any info about this big tiara and necklace?
Hmm I've seen the picture pop up now and again before, but I can't remember any details.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 05-07-2019, 03:10 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Rolla, United States
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Diamond tiara belonging to princess Marie Jose who never wore it.
so beautiful, I love it. It is beautiful. How did this family come to get it?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 05-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Hmm I've seen the picture pop up now and again before, but I can't remember any details.
Too bad. :(

This Odescalchi tiara looks so grand, like most tiaras of Italian noble families, which just pop up from time to time.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 05-07-2019, 01:56 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 4,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Too bad. :(

This Odescalchi tiara looks so grand, like most tiaras of Italian noble families, which just pop up from time to time.
Here's some more info
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sot...on%3f_amp=true
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Thank you very much for info. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 12-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
An impressive set of jewels on this painted lady:

https://bolliromiti.it/lotto/158-pittore-del-xx-secolo/

Could it be any royal lady? Maybe Bourbon or Savoy?

https://bolliromiti.it/wp-content/up..._Lotto_158.jpg

Same painting but bigger so that the set of jewels can be seen better.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 06-17-2021, 03:14 PM
Tiara Mania's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 132
Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies wore jewelry from Generoso Gioielli for her 18th birthday portraits. She is the daughter of the Duke of Castro, one of the claimants to the head of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies. I got lucky identifying them because after searching around a bit with no luck I noticed the "Official Suppliers of the Royal House of Bourbon of the Two Sicilies" on the family's website and Generose Gioielli was one of them. I've never heard of them before so I certainly wasn't going to find it otherwise.

The tiara and earrings feature jasmine flowers and were created to celebrate the jewelers 50th anniversary last year. The tiara is convertible to a necklace and the flowers are set en tremblant.
Princess Maria Carolina wearing the tiara
Picture of the tiara

Then the other jewelry is coral and diamonds set in rose and white gold.
Princess Maria Carolina wearing the coral jewelry
Coral Necklace
Coral Bracelet & Earrings
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 06-18-2021, 02:24 AM
W.Y.CII's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Somewhere, Hong Kong
Posts: 1,324
The tiara is actually pretty nice compared to many newly made modern tiara (though I don't know why, it gives me JIF's jewel vibe), the earrings are lovely too. But that fake updo just doesn't suit neither her (age) nor the tiara, it looks like a hairstyle for pageant. Anyway I guess it's a loan from the jewellers too, just like the Chaumet flower tiara she previously wore.

The coral suite, I don't know, normally I like asymmetric jewels, I like gold jewels, I like coral jewels too, but it just does not work. The design looks a bit crafty.
__________________
Bad money drives out good.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 06-22-2021, 07:11 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 35,481
Do the Castro's still have any historic pieces or were they all sold off?
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 06-22-2021, 08:42 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 6,011
The Castros own the Ancona pearl tiara, which used to belong to the Lydia, Duchess of Ancona, but the Ancona were members of the Savoy family. So historic, yes, but not from the Borbon family, but bought after the Savoia sold it. Then there is the quite beautiful ruby dragonfly tiara, but once again this is not inherited but bought for the current Duchess of Castro. I don't know about other jewels like necklaces, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 06-22-2021, 10:33 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 35,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Castros own the Ancona pearl tiara, which used to belong to the Lydia, Duchess of Ancona, but the Ancona were members of the Savoy family. So historic, yes, but not from the Borbon family, but bought after the Savoia sold it. Then there is the quite beautiful ruby dragonfly tiara, but once again this is not inherited but bought for the current Duchess of Castro. I don't know about other jewels like necklaces, etc.
I actually had forgotten about that tiara and the duchess of Castro wore it to the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson in 2004.

Not sure if its been worn since?
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/201...a-tiara-4.html
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 06-22-2021, 10:54 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I actually had forgotten about that tiara and the duchess of Castro wore it to the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson in 2004.

Not sure if its been worn since?
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/201...a-tiara-4.html
Yes, the Duchess of Castro also wore it at the 50th BD gala of CP Frederik in 2018. I don't know if she has worn it to other event, I only have notes of those two.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 06-22-2021, 10:58 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 35,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Yes, the Duchess of Castro also wore it at the 50th BD gala of CP Frederik in 2018. I don't know if she has worn it to other event, I only have notes of those two.
What a shame its so rarely seen as it is a quite beautiful piece to have.

The Duchess of Castro wore the Ruby Dragonfly Tiara at the 2011 Wedding Gala for Albert II and Princess Charlene
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2021/04...agonfly-tiara/
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 06-22-2021, 11:59 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What a shame its so rarely seen as it is a quite beautiful piece to have.

The Duchess of Castro wore the Ruby Dragonfly Tiara at the 2011 Wedding Gala for Albert II and Princess Charlene
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2021/04...agonfly-tiara/
As non-ruling royals they don't have that many tiara events to attend. But aren't they friends with GD Maria and GD Georgy? I was hoping that Georgy's wedding is going to be a tiara event. So who knows.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 06-22-2021, 12:04 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 35,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
As non-ruling royals they don't have that many tiara events to attend. But aren't they friends with GD Maria and GD Georgy? I was hoping that Georgy's wedding is going to be a tiara event. So who knows.
They also attend events in Monaco too but sadly tiara events there are so rare.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 09-25-2021, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Princess Charlotte of Bourbon Two-Sicilies nee Lady Bethune wearing diamond tiara:

https://www.ansa.it/webimages/img_45...bc0fb6705a.jpg

Does anybody know which tiara is she wearing?
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 09-25-2021, 01:20 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Princess Charlotte of Bourbon Two-Sicilies nee Lady Bethune wearing diamond tiara:

https://www.ansa.it/webimages/img_45...bc0fb6705a.jpg

Does anybody know which tiara is she wearing?
Hola! claims it is a diadem from the Lindesay-Bethune family (titles: Lord Lindsay of The Byres 1445, Earl of Lindsay 1633, Lord Parbroath 1633, Viscount of Garnock 1703, Lord Kilbirnie, Kingsburn and Drumry 1703):

La noble escocesa ha optado por una tiara perteneciente a la familia de su padre James Lindesay-Bethune, conde de Lindsay. Se trata de una diadema Fringe de diamantes con remate de perlas a juego con sus pendientes de diamantes y perla a modo de gota.

(The Scottish noble lady has chosen a tiara belonging to the family of her father James Lindesay-Bethune, Earl of Lindsay. It is a fringe diamond headband with a pearl finish to match her diamond and pearl drop earrings.)
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 09-25-2021, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Hola! claims it is a diadem from the Lindesay-Bethune family (titles: Lord Lindsay of The Byres 1445, Earl of Lindsay 1633, Lord Parbroath 1633, Viscount of Garnock 1703, Lord Kilbirnie, Kingsburn and Drumry 1703):

La noble escocesa ha optado por una tiara perteneciente a la familia de su padre James Lindesay-Bethune, conde de Lindsay. Se trata de una diadema Fringe de diamantes con remate de perlas a juego con sus pendientes de diamantes y perla a modo de gota.

(The Scottish noble lady has chosen a tiara belonging to the family of her father James Lindesay-Bethune, Earl of Lindsay. It is a fringe diamond headband with a pearl finish to match her diamond and pearl drop earrings.)
How nice to see some more interesting tiaras. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 09-25-2021, 04:29 PM
prince.of.preslav's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 204
The tiara is indeed a Lindsay heirloom. The Countess has worn at as a necklace at the 21st Annual Tartan Day Celebration in 2013 - https://www.ross-ter.com/Tales/Tarta...13JM_1246.jpeg
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 09-25-2021, 11:56 PM
W.Y.CII's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Somewhere, Hong Kong
Posts: 1,324
That's a really pretty and delicate piece in both tiara and necklace form. It's not very big but the diamonds and pearls are actually quite substantial. Love how it go around the head like Sweden's Baden Fringe.
__________________

__________________
Bad money drives out good.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, savoy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal, Princely and Noble Families of Germany & Austria 2 Dulce Elena Royal Families of Austria and Germany 429 09-23-2022 04:45 AM
Royal and Noble Families of Poland and Lithuania Julia Other Non-Reigning Houses and Historical Monarchies 241 06-29-2022 12:11 AM
Oldest Royal and Noble Families kcc Royal Genealogy 195 01-24-2017 03:50 AM
Royal and Noble Families: Dynastic Laws and Marriage Rules Mariel Royal Genealogy 276 05-29-2014 11:29 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags arcadie arcadie claret austria braganza british royal family brythonic assoc. non-reigning houses +- cadwallader camilla caribbean castile charles charles iii claret current events danish royal family death de la cerda denmark duarte pio dubai expo duke of cambridge garsenda genealogy general news guzman hamdan bin ahmed identifying india ingrid-alexandra introduction ivrea king charles king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander leopold ier louis mountbatten matrilineal monarchy mountbatten noble families norway crown princely couple official visit order of precedence orleans-braganza portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales prince of wales in jordan princess of orange queen camilla queen elizabeth queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria republics restoration samurai state visit tokugawa uae visit wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×