HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Heavily bejeweled Princess Vittoria Odescalchi, born Balbi Senarega, Marchesa di Piovera:

https://s14.postimg.cc/jer8sumxt/ode...necklace_2.jpg

Any info about this big tiara and necklace?
Hmm I've seen the picture pop up now and again before, but I can't remember any details.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Diamond tiara belonging to princess Marie Jose who never wore it.
so beautiful, I love it. It is beautiful. How did this family come to get it?

Old 05-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Hmm I've seen the picture pop up now and again before, but I can't remember any details.
Too bad. :(

This Odescalchi tiara looks so grand, like most tiaras of Italian noble families, which just pop up from time to time.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Too bad. :(

This Odescalchi tiara looks so grand, like most tiaras of Italian noble families, which just pop up from time to time.
Here's some more info
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sot...on%3f_amp=true
Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Thank you very much for info. :-)
Old 12-12-2020, 07:51 AM
Royal Highness

An impressive set of jewels on this painted lady:

https://bolliromiti.it/lotto/158-pittore-del-xx-secolo/

Could it be any royal lady? Maybe Bourbon or Savoy?

https://bolliromiti.it/wp-content/up..._Lotto_158.jpg

Same painting but bigger so that the set of jewels can be seen better.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies wore jewelry from Generoso Gioielli for her 18th birthday portraits. She is the daughter of the Duke of Castro, one of the claimants to the head of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies. I got lucky identifying them because after searching around a bit with no luck I noticed the "Official Suppliers of the Royal House of Bourbon of the Two Sicilies" on the family's website and Generose Gioielli was one of them. I've never heard of them before so I certainly wasn't going to find it otherwise.

The tiara and earrings feature jasmine flowers and were created to celebrate the jewelers 50th anniversary last year. The tiara is convertible to a necklace and the flowers are set en tremblant.
Princess Maria Carolina wearing the tiara
Picture of the tiara

Then the other jewelry is coral and diamonds set in rose and white gold.
Princess Maria Carolina wearing the coral jewelry
Coral Necklace
Coral Bracelet & Earrings
Old 06-18-2021, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

The tiara is actually pretty nice compared to many newly made modern tiara (though I don't know why, it gives me JIF's jewel vibe), the earrings are lovely too. But that fake updo just doesn't suit neither her (age) nor the tiara, it looks like a hairstyle for pageant. Anyway I guess it's a loan from the jewellers too, just like the Chaumet flower tiara she previously wore.

The coral suite, I don't know, normally I like asymmetric jewels, I like gold jewels, I like coral jewels too, but it just does not work. The design looks a bit crafty.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Do the Castro's still have any historic pieces or were they all sold off?
Old 06-22-2021, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

The Castros own the Ancona pearl tiara, which used to belong to the Lydia, Duchess of Ancona, but the Ancona were members of the Savoy family. So historic, yes, but not from the Borbon family, but bought after the Savoia sold it. Then there is the quite beautiful ruby dragonfly tiara, but once again this is not inherited but bought for the current Duchess of Castro. I don't know about other jewels like necklaces, etc.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Castros own the Ancona pearl tiara, which used to belong to the Lydia, Duchess of Ancona, but the Ancona were members of the Savoy family. So historic, yes, but not from the Borbon family, but bought after the Savoia sold it. Then there is the quite beautiful ruby dragonfly tiara, but once again this is not inherited but bought for the current Duchess of Castro. I don't know about other jewels like necklaces, etc.
I actually had forgotten about that tiara and the duchess of Castro wore it to the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson in 2004.

Not sure if its been worn since?
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/201...a-tiara-4.html
Old 06-22-2021, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I actually had forgotten about that tiara and the duchess of Castro wore it to the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mary Donaldson in 2004.

Not sure if its been worn since?
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/201...a-tiara-4.html
Yes, the Duchess of Castro also wore it at the 50th BD gala of CP Frederik in 2018. I don't know if she has worn it to other event, I only have notes of those two.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yes, the Duchess of Castro also wore it at the 50th BD gala of CP Frederik in 2018. I don't know if she has worn it to other event, I only have notes of those two.
What a shame its so rarely seen as it is a quite beautiful piece to have.

The Duchess of Castro wore the Ruby Dragonfly Tiara at the 2011 Wedding Gala for Albert II and Princess Charlene
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2021/04...agonfly-tiara/
Old 06-22-2021, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What a shame its so rarely seen as it is a quite beautiful piece to have.

The Duchess of Castro wore the Ruby Dragonfly Tiara at the 2011 Wedding Gala for Albert II and Princess Charlene
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2021/04...agonfly-tiara/
As non-ruling royals they don't have that many tiara events to attend. But aren't they friends with GD Maria and GD Georgy? I was hoping that Georgy's wedding is going to be a tiara event. So who knows.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
As non-ruling royals they don't have that many tiara events to attend. But aren't they friends with GD Maria and GD Georgy? I was hoping that Georgy's wedding is going to be a tiara event. So who knows.
They also attend events in Monaco too but sadly tiara events there are so rare.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Charlotte of Bourbon Two-Sicilies nee Lady Bethune wearing diamond tiara:

https://www.ansa.it/webimages/img_45...bc0fb6705a.jpg

Does anybody know which tiara is she wearing?
Old 09-25-2021, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Princess Charlotte of Bourbon Two-Sicilies nee Lady Bethune wearing diamond tiara:

https://www.ansa.it/webimages/img_45...bc0fb6705a.jpg

Does anybody know which tiara is she wearing?
Hola! claims it is a diadem from the Lindesay-Bethune family (titles: Lord Lindsay of The Byres 1445, Earl of Lindsay 1633, Lord Parbroath 1633, Viscount of Garnock 1703, Lord Kilbirnie, Kingsburn and Drumry 1703):

La noble escocesa ha optado por una tiara perteneciente a la familia de su padre James Lindesay-Bethune, conde de Lindsay. Se trata de una diadema Fringe de diamantes con remate de perlas a juego con sus pendientes de diamantes y perla a modo de gota.

(The Scottish noble lady has chosen a tiara belonging to the family of her father James Lindesay-Bethune, Earl of Lindsay. It is a fringe diamond headband with a pearl finish to match her diamond and pearl drop earrings.)
Old 09-25-2021, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Hola! claims it is a diadem from the Lindesay-Bethune family (titles: Lord Lindsay of The Byres 1445, Earl of Lindsay 1633, Lord Parbroath 1633, Viscount of Garnock 1703, Lord Kilbirnie, Kingsburn and Drumry 1703):

La noble escocesa ha optado por una tiara perteneciente a la familia de su padre James Lindesay-Bethune, conde de Lindsay. Se trata de una diadema Fringe de diamantes con remate de perlas a juego con sus pendientes de diamantes y perla a modo de gota.

(The Scottish noble lady has chosen a tiara belonging to the family of her father James Lindesay-Bethune, Earl of Lindsay. It is a fringe diamond headband with a pearl finish to match her diamond and pearl drop earrings.)
How nice to see some more interesting tiaras. Thank you!
Old 09-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

The tiara is indeed a Lindsay heirloom. The Countess has worn at as a necklace at the 21st Annual Tartan Day Celebration in 2013 - https://www.ross-ter.com/Tales/Tarta...13JM_1246.jpeg
Old 09-25-2021, 11:56 PM
Serene Highness

That's a really pretty and delicate piece in both tiara and necklace form. It's not very big but the diamonds and pearls are actually quite substantial. Love how it go around the head like Sweden's Baden Fringe.

Tags
jewellery, savoy