Queen Sonja Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
qui mal y pense said:
Queen Sonja seems to have a nice collection of jewels and it seems she had access to a lot of it as crown princess. It seems strange that Mette Marit's collection is so meagre and that she does not get to wear better pieces especially to major events.

Maybe that´s beacuse queen Maud had passed away and therefore there wasn´t any queen that could wear the "big" jewels, so Sonja could get access to them right away.

That's true, rop81. In addition, Sonja was the first lady of the land at that point, just like Princess Astrid before her, who also as first lady had full use of the Norwegian jewelry.

Mapper

Her_Majesty said:
Sonja wearing her favourite Tiara, the Empress Josephine's Emerald Tiara, tonight :)

http://img37.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc126&image=26610_Dronning_Sonja_og_k_251185x.jpg

from ANB, Nettavisen and Aftenposten(originally posted by Larzen)

Her emerald tiara is fabulous. Also, I like how she wears jewels in interesting ways. I like the choker pearls with the centerpiece on the back instead of (or in addition to?) the front. Now I can see where Martha Louise learned to be so creative and artsy. But Mama does it much better than Martha! Poor Martha, I love her for her individual sense, but uh......well let's just say I would never try it at home!:lol:

Where do you see black pearls? There is a set of cabochon amethysts pictured.

Her_Majesty said:
See an Se og Hør article about Sonja's Jewels and pictures here:
(originally posted by Larzen)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/513117-post20.html

:flowers:
Thanks for the link Larzen, intersting, I always thought that Queen Sonja is the most, how can I describe it, frilly and lacy and overdone queen, in evening wear, and soo classy in casualwear and suits. Does anyone have a pic of the starwar Tiara?

auntie said:
Does anyone have a pic of the starwar Tiara?
See Mandy's post #14 on the first page of this thread; and
Her Majesty's post #56 on page 3.

Last edited:
Swedish Claim

Does the Swedish Royal Family has any claim for the Norwegian Jewels, that originate in the House of Bernadotte?

I think the emerald parure came from the Bernadotte's. Princess Ingeborg wore them and they originally came into the famly with Josephine de Beauharnais I believe. Ingeborg left this set to her daughter Martha. I think the large diamond tiara of the Queen comes from Sweden to.

Marengo said:
I think the emerald parure came from the Bernadotte's. Princess Ingeborg wore them and they originally came into the famly with Josephine de Beauharnais I believe. Ingeborg left this set to her daughter Martha. I think the large diamond tiara of the Queen comes from Sweden to.

The large diamond Tiara was comes from Sweden but first it made its Way to Denmark. It was inherited by Queen Lovisa of Denmark from her grandmother, Queen Joséphine and Queen lovisa left it to her unmarried son Gustav, who left it to his also unmarried sister Thyra and she left it to Crown Princess Märtha.

Pitty that she doesn'twear or have more tiaras and jewels...

magnik said:
Pitty that she doesn'twear or have more tiaras and jewels...
There are some more pieces she could wear... but it seems she has her favourites Tiaras and wears only this ones (the Emerals & the Diamond Tiara).
There are some more stunning pieces in the Norwegian Collection. She should wear one of them.
I would love to see her wearing the big Version of the Pearl Tiara moreoften. :rolleyes:

Her_Majesty said:
There are some more pieces she could wear... but it seems she has her favourites Tiaras and wears only this ones (the Emerals & the Diamond Tiara).
There are some more stunning pieces in the Norwegian Collection. She should wear one of them.
I would love to see her wearing the big Version of the Pearl Tiara moreoften. :rolleyes:
Maybe MM use them some they or Ingrid Alexandra? :rolleyes:

Her_Majesty said:

Yes i think also she should wear Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara in full more often. But Queen Sonja has a very limited selection of tiaras now that the amethysts have given to Mette-Marit. And there are many Tiara-Events in Norway compared to other Monarchies.
She has
- the emerald Parure
- Queen Désirées Diamaond Parure
- Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara
- the malteser Tiara
- the modern golden Tiara

I hope that the Royal Family tries to get back the turquiose Parure and the big diamond tiara now belonging to Princess Astrid and Princess Ragnhild when the Princesses have passed away.

I wonder if she'll get a new Tiara as a present by the King for her 70th birthday this summer. :rolleyes:
Forher 60th birthday the King gave her the Modern Topez Tiara.

Oh, that would be great if she would get a new tiara! I wish she would wear more of a variety of them.

Her_Majesty said:
I wonder if she'll get a new Tiara as a present by the King for her 70th birthday this summer. :rolleyes:

That would be great but hopefully a more traditional tiara.

Her_Majesty said:
isn't this the modern topez tiara? if so, I believe this was quite long before her 60th birthday.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2676/princesssonjakx7.th.jpg

(from the Harald & Sonja early pictures thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
GömdNatt said:
isn't this the modern topez tiara? if so, I believe this was quite long before her 60th birthday.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2676/princesssonjakx7.th.jpg

(from the Harald & Sonja early pictures thread)
According to the Royal Jewels Page this is the Pearl and Emerald Bracelet.

Pearl and Emerald Bracelet
"This is a bracelet worn as a tiara.
It's a pearl bracelet with a diamond lock, with an emerald in the center.
The bracelet was possibly a present for Crown Princess Märtha when she christened a ship in the 30's.
Sonja wore in her younger days mainly as bracelet, but once or twice as a tirara.
When she became queen, Sonja took out the diamond and emerald clasp at used in the four row pearl choker. "

(Source)

I wonder why she didn't wear this Tiara again. :rolleyes:
And you are right: The Tiara looks very similar to the Modern Topez Tiara.

The Modern Topaz Tiara
"This modern tiara is made of gold and topaz.
The stones can be changed, and Sonja also has green stones.
It's a part of a suite that was a 60th birthday present from King Harald"

(source)

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
According to the Royal Jewels Page this is the Pearl and Emerald Bracelet.
oh!! Ok! Looking at the pictures, I can now see the difference.

Thank you for the link!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gala dinner at Oslo Palace in Norway april 17, 2007 (State Visit from Austria)

Queen Maud Pearl Tiara

I love this Tiara and I wish she would wear it more often! IMO it's one of the most beautiful Pearl Tiaras.
Maybe Sonja doesn't wear it as often as in the past because it's just a copy of the original Tiara which was stolen years ago.;)

I don't really know what difference that would make...it isn't exactly made of glass and fake pearls...hahaha...

I love it,too. I think that when she does wear it, the queen's hair tends to cover it up a bit. But when you can see it...it's spectacular.

The beautiful Emerald Tiara::)

Originally owned by Empress Josephine of France. Passed into the Norwegian Royal Family via Queen Josephine of Sweden, the Empress' granddaughter
Empress Josephine Emerald Tiara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom