Queen Sonja Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes, the Wonder Woman Tiara, aka the Mighty Galactic Tiara!!:ROFLMAO: On the plus side, Sonia also has beautiful tiara hair so can carry this one off, But I'm sure Mette will have plenty of tiaras at her disposal other than this one!

And as for the emerald tiara, I'm not keen on the chunky emerald headlight in front, but considering the staggering amount of stones and the sheer beauty of the tiara otherwise, I would not turn my nose up at it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe Martha Louise would wear it someday since she has the same quirky taste!

I personally love to call this the Star Wars or Star Trek Tiara!

Or maybe Martha Louise would wear it someday since she has the same quirky taste!

I personally love to call this the Star Wars or Star Trek Tiara!

Although I like the shape of this tiara, as well as the versatility of the center stone choices, there is something about the vertical lines with tiny diamonds peppered in void spaces that bother me.

Maybe Martha Louise could add all diamonds in these slots for a more regal (and less outerspace) look when and if she gets this tiara.

Maybe one of our talented photoshop members could show what that would look like?

Just thinking.............

Nobel Prize 2011- Gala Dinner at Grand Hotel

Image have been cropped and are not subject of copyright

Attachments

• 2.01. (3).jpg
    2.01. (3).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,197
Thank you salma! i've been waiting for a close up of this jewel for a long time. The necklace is divine but im not entirely sold on the earrings yet.

Thanks so much for these images, I too have wondered what the close-up looked like, especially the earrings.

Wow,that green necklace is stunning!

I never get tired of seeing this Emerald set- it is truly amazing.

All the tiaras she has worn:

Sonja's tiaras

My favorites are,Josephine's Diamond tiara,the Emerald tiara and Queen Maud's Large Pearl tiara.

seeing the brosch i wonder how many different brosches there are in the NRF not many?

large diamond / emerald brosch ()
large diamond brossch (worn 21 march 2012)
diamond pearl brosch mette marit i think also has worn this

queen Mauds coursage is it still in the family

i found a diamond button pendent she has used for her diamond necklaces is there a history to it?

what happned to Queen Mauds jewllery did all stay in Norway?

her tiara i have figured out

Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara - Queen Sonja

Queen Maud's Diamond Tiara -Princess Ranghild

Queen Maud's Turquoise Tiara - Princess Astrid

Queen Maud's Malteser Tiara - Queen sonja

Queen Maud's Vifte Tiara - Queen Sonja

Queen Maud's Bandeau - unknown?

Queen Maud's Diamond and Pearl Tiara - unknown

she also had several neckllaces and brosches - are they still in the royal family?

How very Art Deco - the necklace and the double clip brooche. I am not sure I have seen it before. Anybody has some more information - on both pieces?

And as a side comment - I thought she looked lovely this evening - most of her dresses are rather - hm- unique, but the dress hair style and jewelry was really flattering.

Queen maud's diamond and pearl tiara is beautiful and yet the original was misplaced in the 90s when it was sent for cleaning and a replica was made and that is the one Queen Sonja wears now. is this true? nonetheless i love it along with Queen Maud's other jewelry.

Queen maud's diamond and pearl tiara is beautiful and yet the original was misplaced in the 90s when it was sent for cleaning and a replica was made and that is the one Queen Sonja wears now. is this true? nonetheless i love it along with Queen Maud's other jewelry.
I wouldn't call it misplaced. It was stolen by robbers who broke into Garrard's store in 1995.
Tiara owned by Norway's queen taken in raid - News - The Independent
It makes me cringe to think that such a historical artifact and important heirloom was (most likely) broken up and destroyed by those filthy thieves.:sad:

Oh, how unfortunate that something so precious was taken by thieves!

That thing should go in storage along with the Danish golden poppies

i am not a fan of the star war tiara, however i think is great when bouing a tiara it sometimes is a modern style so generations in the future can see the different approch to jewllery, But mary of denmarks modern tiara is a better example of a good new modern tiara

During the visit to Poland Queen Sonja wore a nice diamond (?) slide in her hair:
Picture
Scanpix

Last edited:
Her majesty I can´t see the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom