Queen Sonja Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. The dress I can live with, we all have favorites that we wear and she must love this. She also apparently loves that tiara and necklace. Why, I'm not sure, but she does. I do not like it--I prefer more classical jewels, but hey, she's the Queen of Norway

Funny, I find her hairdo pretty awful as well, fitting the overall picture.
Queen Sonja has had nice hairdos to go with a tiara (though the upswept fringe in the front frequently obscured the jewels), but here the open hair in the back is just teased and standing out rather like a broom. Not a good look in any respect, IMHO.

in the video the oslofjord iara also has been worn by sonja twice
when was the last time
and is there anyone else that wears it today?

And the royal family of Norway has added a few new tiaras in thier collection during the years last years

Mette-marits wedding tiara
the "star war tiara"
25th wedding anniverary tiara
Märtha louise tiara

have i forgotten any?

Lovely tiara and matching pearl earrings! They look elegant - thanks for sharing!

:previous: Ah, these are classic! Emeralds with diamonds always impress me. And I also love your new avatar, Her_Majesty! ;):flowers:

I mean talk about some serious gorgeous diamonds! I would love to have those earrings! Anyone know their origin?

Queen Sonya was wearing her glorious emeralds in Sweden. She was wearing a bracelet that had a "plaque" of diamonds with an emerald on what looks like pearls. Does anyone have a good pic of this or know the origin? It was stunning!!

After watching that movie it's upsetting that there are a few tiaras never used, and Sonja barely lends out tiaras to her daughter and Mette Marit.:bang:

I was also wondering if Astrid's tiara's go back to the king & Queen when she dies or her children?

I think the tiara will go back to the royal because the tiaras belong to the royal. Astrid just borrow the tiaras.

After watching that movie it's upsetting that there are a few tiaras never used, and Sonja barely lends out tiaras to her daughter and Mette Marit.:bang:

There are tiaras that are only used by the Norwegian "First Lady" (so currently the Queen). That's why Mette-Marit and Märtha Lousie don't wear them (e.g. the Diamond and the Emerald Tiara). Mette-Marit will wear these tiaras when she's the first Lady (so either when she becomes Queen or when Queen Sonja dies).

On the other hand it was nice to see MM wearing the Pearl tiara. I'm glad the Queen (if she has a say in that area at all) lend it to her daughter in law.

Beautiful video, but I believe that there are a couple of factual mistakes. If I'm not mistaken the sapphire tiara is French and never belonged to the NRF, also the "padicot tiara" once appeared in auction without naming the provenance. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm writing this from memory.) Given these mistakes I'm not sure if we can trust the rest of the information.

Hmm you're right I found the tiara on Sothebys, it seems the maker of the video even used the Sothebys picture. :bang: I honestly think the sale wasn't worth it, they didn't get that much money and since they lack tiaras it would be a nice one to loan to MM and ML, Hakoon should of bought it for MM. :D
Sotheby's - Auctions - Calendar - Jewels

On the other hand the Norwegian RF tried to keep this sale hush hush by not naming the provenance of the piece but nothing gets by us here at TRF! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The queen lack valuable earring brooch and necklace. She always wears modern necklace or earring but i dont think it cost much.

Hmm you're right I found the tiara on Sothebys, it seems the maker of the video even used the Sothebys picture. :bang: I honestly think the sale wasn't worth it, they didn't get that much money and since they lack tiaras it would be a nice one to loan to MM and ML, Hakoon should of bought it for MM. :D
Sotheby's - Auctions - Calendar - Jewels

On the other hand the Norwegian RF tried to keep this sale hush hush by not naming the provenance of the piece but nothing gets by us here at TRF! ;)
Thank you for the link. Actually I don't believe that this tiara ever belonged to the NRF. I have never heard of it from any other source than this video, nor have I seen a picture of a Norwegien royal with it. So I rather believe that the maker of the video didn't research properly and made a big mistake with this one.
Here is some information about the Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl Tiara of Queen Marie Amelie of the French. Isn't that the same sapphire tiara as shown in the video? Again I think that this is a serious mistake in that video. This tiara never belonged to the NRF.

Queen Sonja at the Swedish wedding:

1. June 18 - Pre-wedding concert
2-6 . June 19 - the wedding. After Queen Silvia, I think Sonja wore the loveliest jewels, she was certainly the best bejeweled among the foreign guests.

Original images have been heavily cropped and not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 511
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 922
  • necklace.jpg
    necklace.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 973
  • sonjatiara.jpg
    sonjatiara.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 404
  • brooch.jpg
    brooch.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 866
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 732
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, Humera. I really love the Emerald set. Imo it looked looked perfect with the colour of the dress.
I love the colour of the emeralds in daylight. :flowers:

Thanks for sharing, Humera. I really love the Emerald set. Imo it looked looked perfect with the colour of the dress.
I love the colour of the emeralds in daylight. :flowers:

Yes the emerald Parure is beautiful. I only wish she would use more often the Désirée tiara and it's necklace and earrings for Events like this. Or Queen Maud's pearkl tiara in the big version. It are almost always the emeralds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom