Queen Sonja Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the Stunning...pictures of the glorious emeralds.

Also thanks for all the information. "you guys"(american term) are so smart and I love learning about the Royal jewels from everyone so thank you!!!!!

Her_Majesty i just wanted to let you know what great job you do collecting and putting the pictures togather

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite right, it is a great collage.
Seeing it again made me wonder why Queen Sonja wore the bracelet-tiara with the emerald centre only once (last picture at the bottom). Maybe it's she prefers the big emerald tiara. If that is so, I would suggest that she lends it to Mette-Marit and Märtha Louise!

Queen Josephine's diamond tiara is truly beautiful--the loveliest tiara in Norway's collection, in my opinion. I love to see HM wear it!

Maud's husband is prince of Denmark. Does he own any tiaras. i see that the jewels of norway royal most come from Queen Maud and the King's mother. Has he given any jewels to Maud.

sonja has a diamond choker i think worn in london at charles 60th birthday party
is there any close up of the necklace? were does it come from?

sonja has a diamond choker i think worn in london at charles 60th birthday party
is there any close up of the necklace? were does it come from?

Hi Josefine!
The necklace comes from Queen Alexandra of Great Britain and thus it must've been inherited by Queen Maud, tough I havn't seen her or CPss Martha wearing it. You can see Queen Alexandra with the choker here - Photo Queen Sonja also wore it at the Golden wedding anniversary of Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.

Bobby

October 21, 2010- Parlamentary Dinner

pic

Earrings & necklace- Switherland state Visit
Qsonja has many similar neclaces
pic

For the SV to Slovakia Queen Sonja wore the Star Wars tiara (without a stone in the center):
Picture
anp

:previous: a few more pictures of the "star wars" jewels:
close-up
close-up: tiara

actually I don't think they're that bad. Different maybe but not ugly.
Thank you for posting this brilliantly clear close-up!:flowers: I never knew that the tiara is dotted with diamonds. It looks like it is not just empty, but that the topaz center can be exchanged with this (maybe new?) diamond center.

This is definitely not my favourite tiara from her collection, but looks good. Matching jewelery works on HM.

Thank you for posting this brilliantly clear close-up!:flowers: I never knew that the tiara is dotted with diamonds. It looks like it is not just empty, but that the topaz center can be exchanged with this (maybe new?) diamond center.
This tiaras has "three versions"

October 27, 2010- State Visit to Slovakia
Close-up bracelets, watch & earrings
pic
The necklace
pic2

And other versions of this tiara:
pic3
Imageshack - moderntopaz.jpg

This tiaras has "three versions"

October 27, 2010- State Visit to Slovakia
Close-up bracelets, watch & earrings
pic
The necklace
pic2

And other versions of this tiara:
pic3
Imageshack - moderntopaz.jpg

she has also another necklace which red stones to go with the tiara. It looks more similar the the one with the green stones. they are tormalines not emeralds.

I like this tiara with the green tourmalines and not so much with the red stones. The necklaces and the bracelets are impressive too. The earrings are not my cup of tea though. They don't look elegant, IMO.

Nobel 2010- Necklace, earrings, bracelet and brooches
Detail

what jewllery can be traced down to the main line of the swedish royal family
the queen josefinas emerald set (all parts?)
queen josefina diamond

how about what brosces? or other jewllery

Agree, love everything but the necklace- choakers are hard to pull off. Diana's pearl/saphire set is one of the few I ever admired.

Sonja really knows how to wear her hair with tiara's, most 25 year olds dont have hair that nice & stylish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom