Queen Sofia Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorites are #2, 3, 4 and 5, but I'd take any of them for a Valentine's Day gift! :D

Last edited:
I like #1 and #3 the best, a great collection. Wish she would share more with daughters and CP Letizia though!

Thank you for the correction.When I found the photo,I was curious who that was!

Thank you for the correction.When I found the photo,I was curious who that was!

Thats no problem IloveCP :flowers:

I've seen photo's of Infanta Elena wearing the tiara of her aunt Princess Irene in the past,I wonder what has become of it?

Thats no problem IloveCP :flowers:

I've seen photo's of Infanta Elena wearing the tiara of her aunt Princess Irene in the past,I wonder what has become of it?

Probably it still belongs to Princess Irene but as she never attends white tie Galas she has no use for it. Infanta Elena wore it in 1993 at the pre-Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg.

Probably it still belongs to Princess Irene but as she never attends white tie Galas she has no use for it. Infanta Elena wore it in 1993 at the pre-Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg.

Thanks Stefan!

This is a beautiful tiara, but it must be really magnificent worn with the emeralds. I'd love to see it worn with those stones one day.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara

This is one of my favorite Spanish royal tiaras.The details are goregous and the pearls are stunning.It also looked great with the emeralds.It's so grand,perfect for a Queen.

This is a beautiful tiara, but it must be really magnificent worn with the emeralds. I'd love to see it worn with those stones one day.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who preferred it with the emeralds. Unfortunately, my understanding is that the emeralds are no longer in the family's possession. Looks like we're stuck with just the pearls.

Ive always thought something was needed in the top center of this tiara, and looking at the pearl crest atop the center of this confirms my hunch! Thanks for posting!

I'm not a fan of onyx jewelry, so this doesn't appeal to me that much and it's a design that is around a lot.

Last edited:
This set seems a little chunky to me, and not that "royal" in appearance~

Oh, that is a beauty! Which tiara is that? And just look at the size of those pearl earrings and necklace; I'm so envious.

The Cartier pearl and diamond "loop" tiara , originally belonging to Queen Maria Cristina.
This is an excellent photo as it gives the tiara some depth and sparkle - in some photos it can come out looking quite flat.

Thanks, Warren, perhaps I've seen it on Sofia before but maybe this perspective gives it a new view.

I maybe wrong but isn't the Cartier pearl & diamond loop tiara only worn by Queen Sofia?

Does she ever wear the Niarchos rubies? Can the necklace also be converted to a tiara?

I maybe wrong but isn't the Cartier pearl & diamond loop tiara only worn by Queen Sofia?
Yes. It was previously in the posession of the Countess of Barcelona who wore it a lot until the 1960's. Infanta Pilar wore it at her Wedding Day and at the State of Queen Elizabeth II. in 1988 and also her daughter wore it at her WEdding day. Therefore it was believed that it was inherited by her. Queen Sofia started to wear it at the State Visit to Norway in 2006 but has only used it about 3-4 times.

Yes. It was previously in the posession of the Countess of Barcelona who wore it a lot until the 1960's. Infanta Pilar wore it at her Wedding Day and at the State of Queen Elizabeth II. in 1988 and also her daughter wore it at her WEdding day. Therefore it was believed that it was inherited by her. Queen Sofia started to wear it at the State Visit to Norway in 2006 but has only used it about 3-4 times.

Queen Sofia also borrowed it for the first time at Persepolis Celebrations in 1971.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKGPAoDwEM492RnZHFv3nwiOtwSKQOwY__T6OdQprRQLi19sgDWA

I don't care for the look of this ruby tiara. The rubies are stunning, but it looks too much like a necklace mounted on a velvet base, which is clearly evident, and seems identical to the necklace that she's wearing. This doesn't look like a tiara at all to me, and maybe it's not meant to, but this doesn't seem like a look for a queen.

Last edited:
Thank you for the two photos, Alyend. The double strand looks better as a tiara, but I still think the rubies look better as a necklace rather than as a tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom