Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2021, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Silvia's tiara appearances of 2021:

1 2
The cameo being my favourite appearance as I'm not a fan of the Nine Prong Tiara.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia Jewels 3: January 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Did the earrings really cost a fortune?

I haven’t seen any close up pictures of the earrings to make an assessment.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The cameo being my favourite appearance as I'm not a fan of the Nine Prong Tiara.
The cameo hasn't been seen since Victoria's wedding and was so delighted that it finally came out of the vault again. I'm a bit bored by the nine prongs tiara, it's over-used. But the emerald necklace and earrings are just gorgeous and I always enjoy seeing those emeralds.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The cameo hasn't been seen since Victoria's wedding and was so delighted that it finally came out of the vault again. I'm a bit bored by the nine prongs tiara, it's over-used. But the emerald necklace and earrings are just gorgeous and I always enjoy seeing those emeralds.
I am a big fan of the emeralds, and always feel that Silvia, and now Victoria, do not use it enough. Good to also see that a pair of earrings has also been created now. All that remains is that an emerald and diamond tiara is acquired at some stage to complete a married parure.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I wish that the cameo was just reserved for use by the queen only as its so regal.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wish that the cameo was just reserved for use by the queen only as its so regal.

I think in the current reign, it appears that the Cameo is either used by brides on their wedding day only, or the Queen.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

I also like the emerald demi parure and yes it is apity is so seldom used. But then the swedish Royal ladies have quite a big collection to choose from. Would also like to see the processional necklace again it has also not been worn since several years.
Let's hope that the Queen will now use the Cameo tiara again in a more regular bais like she did before CP Victoria's Wedding. The sapphire tiara, the ine Pronge tiara and the Connaught tiara are beautifil but it get's boring when always the same tiaras are used.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think in the current reign, it appears that the Cameo is either used by brides on their wedding day only, or the Queen.

Yes since the Wedding of the King and Queen the only other person aside from the Queen to wear it was CP Victoria on her Wedding Day,
But then she was the first Queen to wear it since Queen Josefina.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia's jewellery today on a World Childhood Foundation's press release:
https://childhood.se/wp-content/uplo...-1536x1024.jpg