The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Must say i am surprised to see the Nine Prong Tiara tonight. I thought she was going to use the Sapphire tonight and Nine Prong tomorrow. But it is no secret that the Nine Prong Tiara is very near and dear to her, like the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara is to QEII.

The Napoleonic Cut Steel Tiara would also have worked great to her gown. It would have matched the colour perfectly.

I think we have to get used to Silvia wearing more and more Small to Medium tiaras now for comfort reasons from now on.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Silvia has rarely worn the Napoleonic cut steel steel tiara, and she hasn't worn it for year. Also I think that she would not consider it grand enough for a Queen to wear at the Nobels. It's more in the princess-league, so to speak. But I agree that it would be lovely with the colouring of her gown.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
My least favourite Swedish tiara and kind of tired of seeing at the Nobels but I guess it could be classed as 'Festive Looking'
I believe back in the days on royalty forums it was referred to as the 'Party Antlers', so that is festive indeed . Queen Silvia's bearing, hairdo and style save the tiara, I can't believe it would look better on anybody else.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I believe back in the days it was referred to as the 'Party Antlers', so that is festive indeed . Queen Silvia's bearing, hairdo and style save the tiara, I can't believe it would look better on anybody else.
It certainly didn't look good on Princess Birgitta...
I think it was once reported that the tiara was actually a bit difficult to wear because the frame is not flexible. You either have the right head shape for it, or you don't. And it seems to fit Silvia excellently, or she wouldn't wear it so often.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Queen Silvia's bearing, hairdo and style save the tiara, I can't believe it would look better on anybody else.

Princess Lilian wore it a few times and it looked quiet good onm her. Also on Princess Margaretha wh wore it for the pre-Wedding Concert of the King and Queen. However on pricness Birgitta it looked weird and as far as i can remember it was later told that she seemd to have Probelms as it didn't fit to her head and so it slipped down

I think it need's a softer hairstyle so not sure how it would fit to CP Victoria with her straight pulled back hair.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
However on pricness Birgitta it looked weird and as far as i can remember it was later told that she seemd to have Probelms as it didn't fit to her head and so it slipped down
If I remember it correctly there were a few camera shots of Princess Birgitta fidgeting with the tiara during the wedding banquet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think it need's a softer hairstyle so not sure how it would fit to CP Victoria with her straight pulled back hair.
Although it's said that the tiara fits Queen Silvia's head very well I've read that to be able to wear it her hairdresser makes a sort of pillow of her hair and hair pieces onto which he fastens the tiara. If this is the case Victoria could never wear it with this kind of hairdo.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia's jewellery at the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates.
https://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=ldibhhgi
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=nkcninll
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=oialnhpc
Old 12-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

On 11th March 2020 Senior Curator of the Royal Orders Tom Bergroth gives a lecture of the Order of the Seraphim set with brilliants worn by HM Queen Silvia on special occasions.
The Order of the Seraphim set was originally made for Queen Victoria when the Queen of Sweden was given the right, in 1908, to carry the Order of the Seraphim.
https://www.kungligaslotten.se/image...vstaterna-.jpg
Föredrag Briljanterat ordenstecken - Kungliga slotten
Old 12-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia’s tiara appearances of 2019:

1 2 3 4