Queen Silvia Jewellery 2: September 2005-December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well said Baroness.Silvia is magical when it comes to jewels.Here I also love the sapphire set: Pic
This is a magnificent set, sapphires are always divine! Silvia can pull off complete sets pretty well, in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
And when she wears the accompanying sapphire hairpins in her amazing tiara hair, it's just a gorgeous sight.

Last edited:
:previous:Oh, yes, that's how you do it; an amazing look. Thank you for the photo.

Last edited:
Oh Gorgeous, I loved it :D thank you for the picture :flowers:

She's wearing the Nine-Prong Tiara; not one of my favorites but it looks great on her always-wonderful tiara hair. Also a beautiful diamond collet necklace with a dangling drop pendant.

I like the Nine Prong but I don't love it.It's a pretty tiara.Silvia carries it well.

She is a lovely woman and she has the use of some beautiful tiaras, this one looks like a cheap part hat.

I DO like the nine prong tiara, and thought the necklace was nice too, it fit the neckline of the gown nicely, IMO.

Silvia wearing the Six Button:

Pic

I never thought she wore this.I always thought this tiara as a "princesses only" tiara.Personally,not a tiara fit for a Queen.I am glad she only wore it once.

The six prong tiara is really a beautiful piece--closeups of the buttons are impressive--but the effect of the tiara depends on the hairstyle. The tiara needs some hair behind it to really showcase it to it's best advantage, I. My opinion.

Lars-Yngve Johansson states there is a second set of the pink topaz set
from 12.00 in swedish
Dear Josefine (or another Swedish-speaking poster), what is that supposed to mean exactly?
And are there any other new details from the lecture about the Swedish jewels which we didn't know before?
I'd appreciate very much if someone could translate/summarize them.

the first lecture has nothing new

but the other one has new info for me
i will try to translate this word for word later
but he says that the bernadotte tupaz set has a twin (my word) and its privte owned and the person wish not to be public about it,
it is not a swedish owner

Last edited:
Lars Yngve Johansson is talking about a sister of Maria Pavlovna who also got a parure from her/their father and it is exactly the same as Maria Pavlovna's.

Sandra Brauns is telling this about the Braganza tiara: "Dont belive what the ladys magazines is telling about its weight! Its not true the weight is 3 kg, the weight is 3 hg!!"

at 3:37 she is speaking about Queen Sophias' garniture: cameos made by malachites together with gold - no longer in use, belongs to Nordiska Muséet.

The nine prong tiara was, as we know, made for Queen Sophia ( she wasnt expected to become queen, because she was married to a younger brother (Oscar II) to Karl XV and had very few jewls to start with...) and it was "built on" an already existing comb.

At 12:08 Vasakläppen and the collier attached to it: the collier got diamonds cut in an old fashion way (the way they cut diamonds before they started to do brilliant cut) and each diamond got 57 facets (56 for the brilliant cut)

The "buttons" at 13.43: some of them, and parts of them (2?) was attached to Erik XIVs crown (The "Kings crown" of Sweden) to cower Eriks initials (ER - Ericus Rex)- other kings didnt want his initials on the crown :) and then removed when the crown was restored in the 70s

The pink topaz parure 15:15: the corsage got 3 pedants, and 2 of them are also used as earrings.

i started a group at the royal forums were one can talk about swedish royal jewllery
i think only members of TRF can see it
maybe there are more members who wants to talk about the different jewllery
did not want to start an other thread to sort out the diffferent brooches in the family
have a look and help me out
The Royal Forums - Brooches

what do you think about the art deco emeralds set
we have seen it once, i would like to see it again

:previous:Would love to see a picture of the emeralds so we can appropriately gasp and drool over them! :lol:

I find that queen silvia pulls off royal jewel sets magnificently especially the sapphire and amythest sets.

Silvia knows how to bring out the big guns in jewelry and wear them with such style, elegance and creativity.

Thank you so much, Josefine; I've never seen this set before. The necklace actually looks like an emerald-studded necktie. Those gems are absolutely gorgeous, but I think the sapphire parure and tiara have got to remain my favorite pieces of all.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Soli deo Gloria and Josefine for the details from the lecture about the Bernadotte collection! Pity that there weren't many new infos, though learning that there was (is?) a twin of the pink topaz set made in Russia was new to me.

As for the modern emerald set, like Josefine said it was only worn once in early 2008, but as it would be totally out of character for Queen Silvia to wear jewelry on loan, I guess it's most likely her own.
I'd love to see it again too, I like the sleek simplicity of its design a lot. Counting this one, Queen Silvia has four different modern sets of diamonds and emeralds in her private collection.

Last edited:
Here are all of Silvia's tiaras the blog the Royal Order has covered so far:

Baden Fringe
Cut Steel
Braganza Tiara
Leuchtenberg Tiara
Cameo Tiara

I love every tiara here.I can't pick a sole favorite.The sapphire tiara at first,looked like it belonged to the French royal family.The sapphires with the diamonds is goregous.The Braganza tiara is one of the most grandest I have ever seen! It's one of of my favorite tiaras.The tiara is exquisite.The design is fantastic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom