Queen Paola Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and some more...

Paola has a sober but very elegant style that flatters her IMO.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,381
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 553
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 801
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,180
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 624
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 631
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 681
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 689
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,293
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 762
As his queen consort you'd think King Albert would buy his wife a tiara or 2 as a present. Or try and track down the jewels that were sold and put a foundation on them so that they don't leave Belgium.

any good photos of the queens tiara she wore at the recent state visit

Paola wearing the base of the tiara of the nine provinces and the art deco tiara as a necklace (Point de Vue, APL)

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
necklaces
From the moment I saw the pictures from Queen Paola with the necklas with the flies (????) or so, I like it very much. I think it is a very original and nice necklas. Could it be a little joke in reference to the art of Fabre at the royal palace perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite ridiculous that the wife of a reigning monarch has so little Jewels to speak of. Besides the 9 province tiara, only one other, no fabulous diamonds. The Belgian RF should fork out a bob or two and start creating a collection for the future Quuens!

This woman as a young lady was absolutely STUNNING!!! Elegant and so put together....much better to than Princess Grace.

Danjel said:
And the bandeau that used to belong to Queen Elizabeth...

How did this bandeau come into the possession of Queen Paola? Was it a gift to her from HM The Queen of England?

LOSSEAN said:
How did this bandeau come into the possession of Queen Paola? Was it a gift to her from HM The Queen of England?

Queen Elisabeth of Belgium, King Albert's grandmother

I must say that as a Queen she has 2 tiaras and that is definitely too few.Other queens seem to have a lot more like Queen Elizabeth,Queen Siliva or even Queen Beatrix.No wonder Princess Mathilde only have 1 tiara.It's pathetic.

hairornament or not.... tiara or not.... it is quite lovely and Cathérine posted some pictures of Paola wearing it, and it was very lovely !!

Wow, Queen Paola was an amazingly beautiful woman. She looks fine now, but you would never suspect how beautiful she was in her youth.

I suppose one could argue over the definition of a tiara, of if some necklaces are really converted into tiaras or simply worn in the hair. Either way, the effect is the same. (Remember, in the 19th century it was common to refer to almost all tiaras as "hair ornaments").

attachment.php

it's not that small ... so why not calling it a tiara ?

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Because it's just some plastic thing she put in her hair. It looks nice but it's got nothing to do with a tiara.

Was it really plastic !!! I didn't know that, I was thinking about a bracelet or something made of yellow gold with diamonds & rubies.

But plastic, goschie...:ermm:

Sorry maybe it was before, but does Paola's family has any jewels (tiaras, necklaces etc.)? Does she ever wore them or she wear only royal jewelry?

magnik said:
Sorry maybe it was before, but does Paola's family has any jewels (tiaras, necklaces etc.)? Does she ever wore them or she wear only royal jewelry?

I don'tthink that her family was that rich to have their own tiaras, diamond necklaces, etc... I think that most jewels are Belgian royal jewels.

I have the feeling that Paola is very conscious about the fact that she has the littelest jewels from all the Queens, I have seen pictures of her nervously fingering her not so prominant necklaces and bracelets!

auntie said:
I have the feeling that Paola is very conscious about the fact that she has the littelest jewels from all the Queens, I have seen pictures of her nervously fingering her not so prominant necklaces and bracelets!

In fact the Belgian royal family has a considerable collection of nice jewels, the problem is that they do not share the jewels, like the Dutch or the Swedish royal family do.

The strange thing is that King Leopold II has set up the Dotation Royale which owns enormous possessions and is self-supporting, even so that they can fund the upkeep of many stately homes to the display of the Belgian royal family.

I have never understood why the Dotation Royale has never invested its gigantic capital in some nice cassettes of jewels for the Belgian royal family.

Last edited:
Maybe they think they can make-do with the jewels they have...?
I'd really like to see Paola with a new and extremly classy/elegant tiara. Not that the one's she has now are not classy and elegant, I'm just saying that if she gets any new tiaras, that they be as classy and elegant as the rest.
Paola comes from a royal Italian family...right?

Back
Top Bottom