The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 01-07-2023, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
As Laura has said, white or colourless stones are appropriate. Pearls have certainly become de rigueur, especially among royal ladies. I am guessing that most of them have a plethora of wonderful pearl necklaces, earrings and bracelets, and while diamonds are technically "colourless" stones, it is the setting that denotes how appropriate they are.

I think one of the royal necklaces best suited to mourning is Camilla's three-string necklace with a diamond clasp is a perfect balance. The pearls are the most beautiful colour and the diamond clasp can be worn at the back under her hair for daywear and exposed for eveningwear.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...9bd27555b4.jpg

I think this is the choker that Mathilde wore to Pope Benedict's funeral. Please correct me as the photo isn't quite clear to I tried to find another photo to show the choker.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-E-kS5OtzA...l%2Bchoker.jpg
Yes, most likely it was Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz own choker when she entered the royal family.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Indeed it is her own. A lot of Belgian Ladies have the same. I don't think they are Akoya pearls ?
Old 01-10-2023, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Mathilde wore a gilded earrings and bracelet and a sapphire ring at her official photo

Old 01-16-2023, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Mathilde wore the butterfly brooch during the funeral of King Constantine in Athens today

Today * Today 2 * October 2017 * March 2017 * July 2018 * September 2022
Old 01-16-2023, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doro View Post
Queen Mathilde wore the butterfly brooch during the funeral of King Constantine in Athens today

Today * Today 2 * October 2017 * March 2017 * July 2018 * September 2022
Great brooch, good to see Mathilde get good use out of it.
Old 01-16-2023, 04:33 PM
Majesty

I attend Queen Fabiola's Funerals . IT was so cold and windy . I was in the Cathedral 2 hours before warmly dressed.
Then I saw the Royals entering with elegant mourning Clothes , high heels , pearls , hats etc..., and I thought to myself there is a sort of haute couture for funerals Then I said the Queen was my Queen and I am so glad attending her Funerals and to have a place I got from the Cathedral.
Old 01-17-2023, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Butterfly Brooch is beautiful and a real stand out piece.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Mathilde appears wearing the Nine Provinces Tiara and the Diamond Ribbon and Fringe Earrings in a 12.5 euro coin in occasion of her 50th Birthday

Detail
Old 01-25-2023, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by doro View Post
Queen Mathilde appears wearing the Nine Provinces Tiara and the Diamond Ribbon and Fringe Earrings in a 12.5 euro coin in occasion of her 50th Birthday

Detail
Its certainly the most 'queenly' tiara in the Belgian Collection but would still love to still the queen wear the Spanish Wedding Gift tiara of the late queen Fabiola!

Tags
crown princess mathilde, jewellery, mathilde, princess mathilde