Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vulgar, as far as royal jewels, I'd probably choose Marie Cavallier's ring (the fiance of Prince Joachim of Denmark). However, I'll leave that to the Worst Royal Jewels thread. Mathilde, as an elegant and reasonably tall woman, is not overly disproportionate with her ring. On a smaller woman, such as Queen Elizabeth II or Queen Fabiola, it might be a bit garish.

I do agree that it is probably not as delicate as much of Mathilde's prettier jewels are (she would probably be washed out by Mary's ruby parure) I still would be happy to have it.

ok i agree maybe using the word vulgar wasnt right but its not a pretty engagemnent ring

When ever I see that there is a new post on CP Mathilde's jewels, my heart beats faster and I think, maybe she finally has a new tiara or at least demi parure, but alas it is not to be, she does have an impressive collection of earrings, but I wonder if they are really real?!

What I like about Mathilde's jewellery is that for the most part she combines her own tastes with what is appropriate for the 'job'.
Her earrings for example are often somewhere 'between' Mary & Letizia's, and Maxima's.

Once again I must comment on the fact that I am terribly disappointed on how there is no new jewels for Mathilde, my heart takes a dive whenever I see a new post reg her jewels...

Well, perhaps the necklace and brooch she wore lastr year to the birthday bash of the prince of Orange are real and not a loan? After the birthday bash there hasn't been a tiara event that was attended by Mathilde I believe, so i still have hopes that she will wear them at the next incoming state visit.

I agree Marengo, her jewels that night were very beautiful. Do you think she gets things on loan?? Seeing that Antwerp is just "down the road". If they don't loan jewels to her they should!

royals.web-log.nl: Royal jewelry -Actueel- Mathidle and Maxima wearing the same pair if huge earrings

I like these earrings. It is interesting to me that two women with such different styles and personalities can both look so great in these earrings. Mathilde usually has a more elegant style than Maxima, but she really pulls off these earrings even though they are a bit more funky than what she usually wears.

Thanks PoE, I was wondering about the brooch and necklace, I don't think I saw them before. The necklace seems somewhat smaller than the one she wore on the birthday party of the prince of Orange, though it might be the angle of course.

I loved her jewellery, especially her earrings. They are so elegant. I thought that Mathilde looked absolutely perfect at the birthday party.

Princess Mathilde wore endly a beautiful neaklace AND a new brooch at the Prince of Wales 60 Birthday. She wore the same brooch yesterday at the cathedral .
Are they new ? Perhaps presents for Eléonore ?? Thanks for uour help.

A better view of Mathilde's new diamond flower brooch here.

Thanks Marengo ,
The brooch is new . Have you seen the necklace before ?? Prins W.A. birthday ??

I think she wore the neckalce at the Swedish King's 60th B-Day

Last edited by a moderator:
Now a lot of Belgian's ladies know what to ask for Christmas . I am not very found of these huge earrings..

I love the earrings!!!

I don't know that large earrings are the best for Mathilde. I think they tend to emphasize the rectangular shape of her face. The narrower the earrings, the less noticable the effect is. The round pearl earrings in post #142 are much better for her!

I saw recently pictures of Mathilde before her engagement , she was a very simple dressed elegant lady with brown hair.
Now with coaches, the best hairdresser and Edouard Vermeulen she looks really wonderful.
Each time when I see her with her sisters Elisabeth and Hélène what a difference !
I don't know which I prefer !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom