Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - looks like costume jewelry -she really seems to like it.

I am sure it was discussed before, but does anybody know about the necklace she was wearing to the Cambridges pre-wedding party?

MYROYALS: PRE WEDD

Given the importance of hte event, I would say it is not fake, but I have never seen it on her before?

we saw her lovely tiara last night

a diamond necklace she has worn before

it is the second time we see her in the brooch of Queen Fabiola.
Maybe it was a gift to Mathilde.

It is actually the third time we see this. The first time was at the pre-wedding evening function in the Mandarin in London when the Princess wore this brooch in her hair, at the back in her chignon. Remember it with the abricot orange evening gown. The second time was on the purple Armani creation in Monaco as a brooch, as she did in Luxembourg for the wedding. So, I think it is fair to say that Queen Fabiola graciously gifted this brooch for use for the Princess, who wears the brooch brilliantly, it not easy to do it with this type of jewellery.

I think the necklace looks just wonderful on Mathilde, both with the orange and the blue dress. It makes me glad that it seems to be owned by her and not a loan.

To me the necklace looks old, but I can not figure out when it was made. Can anyone here make a suggestion?

The pictures are not clear enough but I think it might be both brilliant and rose cut diamonds. What do you think?

Correct me if I am wrong but Mathilde only had one tiara appearance in 2012:

Pic

She also wore one tiara in 2011. This tiara is nice but she needs another one!

Today I saw the new portraits of princess Mathilde and in one of them she wore a pair of earrings that might be emeralds. Does anyone have good close-ups of them?

I hope she will receive some jewels for her 40th birthday. A new piece or maybe an old heirloom. I would really like to see her in queen Astrid's emerald diadem, but I do not dare to hope for that.

Those could be diamonds and emeralds; a birthday gift perhaps? Those drop earrings are stunning and Mathilde looks beautiful in this photo. Thank you for the link.

Correct me if I am wrong but Mathilde only had one tiara appearance in 2012:

Pic

She also wore one tiara in 2011. This tiara is nice but she needs another one!

Though it is a very lovely piece,I would like to see the duchess wearing a different or perhaps new tiara at a future event.

Why does she always use the same tiara?

The Belgian royal Family haven't a very large collection and the only one which the duchess personally owns is the diamond Laurel Wreath Tiara.

What a gorgeous picture of a gorgeous lady!! Thanks for the link to it!!

I don't understand, why would Mathilde provoke a scandal by wearing a different tiara?

Aren't they going thru some really tough economic times? It won't be very popular for the royals to trot out new jewels while people are struggling to make ends meet.

^^^My thinking would be to wear another tiara that would be already in the vault rather than purchase a new one, thus avoiding any controversy over a new tiara. That is, if Queen Fabiola would lend Mathilde one.

The brooch is really cute!
The earrings remind me of the Queen's go-to earrings - Queen Mary's Button Earrings. Then again, the design is pretty classic.

That's a very whimsical honeybee? brooch. It would make a very nice set paired with another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom