Queen Margrethe II Jewels 2: Dec. 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why does Isabella have two family orders? (And does this mean she hasn’t given anything to Josephine or Athena (yet)?)

She doesn't. If you are referring to the family orders in the picture with Isabella's brooch they belong to Mary and Marie. I simply didn't crop them out of shot. I imagine Isabella will not receive family order until she is 18

But so Margrethe has given pieces to Isabella but not the other two girls, as far as shown?

Someone on another board is claiming that Queen Margrethe may have bought back to the main line Queen Alexandrine's Bolin sapphire tiara.

They said the tiara was seen with some other royal jewels in the possession of HM in the recent broadcast Dronningens Skatkammer on DR1.

Has anyone seen the tiara or have confirmation on this? If she does indeed have the tiara in her possession, this would be astonishing and exciting news!

Someone on another board is claiming that Queen Margrethe may have bought back to the main line Queen Alexandrine's Bolin sapphire tiara.

They said the tiara was seen with some other royal jewels in the possession of HM in the recent broadcast Dronningens Skatkammer on DR1.

Has anyone seen the tiara or have confirmation on this? If she does indeed have the tiara in her possession, this would be astonishing and exciting news!
The tiara has been exhibited at the Fabergé room in the Amalienborg museum for quite sometime with a note on the plaque saying that it's on loan to the museum from an anonymous owner.

Last edited:
Let's hope that the speculations are correct. Perhaps the Queen would want to copy her mother's example and reserve a parure for her grandson's future wife.

It would be so perfectly great to know that the sapphire tiara bow belonged to the main branch of the RF. But I fear that this is no more than speculation. And I find it hard to believe that the tiara would have been auctioned at all if the Queen had wanted to buy it. In that case would have been much more likely that she had privately bought it from the Rosenborgs.

I just watched the documentary and what struck me most was the flexibility of the floral aigrette. Someone held the middle part in their hands and it looked as flexible as rubber, there must be so many hinges and springs to let move in several directions. Simply stunning!

They have featured the tiara in both episodes, but not said anything about it (yet). I find it strange to feature that particular tiara that much, if the show is about the Queen's treasures... But it has indeed been in the Amalienborg museum as stated above, a loan from anonymous owner.

Hopefully we will see if they will tell anything about it in the last episode. It is in Koldinghus under the Alexandrine part of the exhibition. I saw another one claimed it was the tiara of the late Princess Elisabeth. That is not correct. The Alexandrine Bolin tiara was last owned by Count Christian and wife Anne Dorte of Rosenborg.

Let's hope that the speculations are correct. Perhaps the Queen would want to copy her mother's example and reserve a parure for her grandson's future wife.
If you mean Christian, his future wife will most likely be the next Crown Princess of Dk. And if Mary follows the Danish tradition she (or rather Frederik as the owner) will likely hand over the (use of the) ruby parure to their daughter-in-law, like Lovisa did in 1898 when her son married Alexandrine, and Alexandrine did in 1935 when her son married Ingrid. Ingrid did not have a daughter-in-law, so the parure went to the next generation.
If the Queen really bought the sapphire tiara she probably did it with her 3 granddaughters in mind.

Last edited:
A Poster Stig in the Royal Jewels Forums wrote that all the jewels on exhibition don't belong to the Queen. Speculations not correct !

A Poster Stig in the Royal Jewels Forums wrote that all the jewels on exhibition don't belong to the Queen. Speculations not correct !
Thank you maria-olivia! Stig is a very knowledgeable poster with great connections within the Danish royal circles. He is certainly one of the more reliable sources out there.

Two brooches worn by QMII:
https://app.box.com/s/rp96oa7ntuofc44rkemluct7o7n8helc

The first is a brooch presented to QMII at her 50th B-day by the Air Force. It is a landscape with clouds made from stones from Greenland, chalcedony and moonrock from the island of Bornholm. It was made in 1990 by Ole Kortzau.

https://app.box.com/s/1cc3dd1v481x164n705vw11nrs1ols1n
The second brooch was presented to her at her 70th B-day in 2010, by the Guards Hussars Regiment.
It's made from 18 carats gold and Sterling silver. It depicts one of the round-castles from the Viking age that are located in DK with the outer rim of the brooch representing the circular ramparts as well as the crossing streets inside the castle. The cross is a Holy Anders Cross - a medieval local saintly person. In the center are sea-shells and they are used as a part of the decoration on the harnesses of the horses by the hussars.

Margrethe's tiara appearances in 2022

1 2

Queen Margrethe II Jewels 2: Dec. 2022 -

Yesterday, Daisy wore the Pearl Poiré Tiara for the New Year’s Banquet at Amalienborg Palace.

queen daisy

The Queen seems to frequently choose this brooch for funerals, does anyone know if it has a special significance?

I think I read somewhere it was a brooch to honor one of her deceased grandmothers. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

:previous: No, you're correct. The brooch was made in 1917 in memory of her great-grandmother, Princess Louise Margaret of Prussia. She usually wears in for funerals – she also wore it at Henrik's funeral.

I've just read about the Alexandrine sapphire tiara. Can you imagine that being worn with the Danish sapphire demi-parure? It would match perfectly and I've always thought that set needed a tiara to finish it off. I wish they would confirm who owns it.

I've just read about the Alexandrine sapphire tiara. Can you imagine that being worn with the Danish sapphire demi-parure? It would match perfectly and I've always thought that set needed a tiara to finish it off. I wish they would confirm who owns it.

Just hope Mary gets to buy a sapphire and diamond tiara.

Back
Top Bottom